The Puzzle Of The Missing OP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Puzzle Of The Missing OP

For a long time now new threads show up on my screen without the first, vital post that sets up the thread. Try as I might, I can't find them anywhere, not even in the sidebar where entire posts end up for some strange reason. The first visible post will be labeled as #1, but it obviously isn't because it is the reply to the OP, not the OP itself.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

I receive notification that so and so responded to my post. In all i see 3 posts in notification box.

but i am unable to read 2 out of 3. When i try the message says that i am not authorised to see them. They ask me log in as different user to see them...

I only have one account . If i try to visit thread from different pc or mobile without login in. Still i see only one message.

any one else with similar problems .

Regards
    vikram

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      For a long time now new threads show up on my screen without the first, vital post that sets up the thread. Try as I might, I can't find them anywhere, not even in the sidebar where entire posts end up for some strange reason. The first visible post will be labeled as #1, but it obviously isn't because it is the reply to the OP, not the OP itself.

Has anyone else experienced this?
      Nope not me

Is it possible that you have somehow put the OP on your ignore/blocked list?
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Nope not me

Is it possible that you have somehow put the OP on your ignore/blocked list?
        Ignore list does not work and never has. And no, this happens with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikram72 View Post
          I receive notification that so and so responded to my post. In all i see 3 posts in notification box.

but i am unable to read 2 out of 3. When i try the message says that i am not authorised to see them. They ask me log in as different user to see them...

I only have one account . If i try to visit thread from different pc or mobile without login in. Still i see only one message.

any one else with similar problems .

Regards
          vikram
          Just because you received notice of someone either quoting a post of yours or responding to a thread that you started does not mean all those posts are still standing. The notifications happen instantaneously automatically the second the posts are submitted, but there is no function to cancel a notification if the poster himself or a moderator had deleted that post immediately the second after the post was successfully submitted.

For those members with a history of having their posts moderated or deleted by Moderators, with the current ACG Forum software, they will receive quite a few notices of their posts being quoted by those are Moderators because we use the quote function for copying and pasting violating posts right for our records right before the posts are deleted from public view.
          Last edited by Salinator; 28 Jul 19, 13:30.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Just because you received notice of someone either quoting a post of yours or responding to a thread that you started does not mean all those posts are still standing. The notifications happen instantaneously automatically the second the posts are submitted, but there is function to cancel a notification if the poster himself or a moderator had deleted that post immediately the second after the post was successfully submitted.

For those members with a history of having their posts moderated or deleted by Moderators, with the current ACG Forum software, they will receive quite a few notices of their posts being quoted by those are Moderators because we use the quote function for copying and pasting violating posts right for our records right before the posts are deleted from public view.
            I wasn't referring to that situation. I was referring specifically to reading someone else's new post, although the last new post of mine followed the pattern of showing up on the right-hand side of the page and not in the forum and place where posted. From the responses, it happens in various ways to others, as well...apparently some sort of curious quirk.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Just because you received notice of someone either quoting a post of yours or responding to a thread that you started does not mean all those posts are still standing. The notifications happen instantaneously automatically the second the posts are submitted, but there is function to cancel a notification if the poster himself or a moderator had deleted that post immediately the second after the post was successfully submitted.

Ok Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Ignore list does not work and never has. And no, this happens with everyone.
                It seems to work for many people
                Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

It seems to work for many people
                  Pat of the puzzle. Stuff works for some, not for others...curious.

Comment

A title "Holy Toledo!" in the North American section has no entry at all, not even by the OP?

Comment

You're not missing anything. It is one of Massena's Trump threads.
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X