Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

War crimes denial - should ACG have a policy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asterix View Post
    Ok, so it is permissible to claim that such persons are heroes...despite their convictions for said crimes?
    In a nation that has free speech, yes.

I think Snowygerry just found it. Apparently it's ok to hail as heroes convicted war criminals...and perhaps even justify their actions as a "defense" of motherland...blah-blah. We just can't deny their deeds.
    Well, the French chose to cooperate with the Final Solution, which is undeniable, and their only excuse is 'we didn't have the balls to fight when we had the chance'.

Kind of the same excuse you gave for Bosnia: you were afraid for your own safety...

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

What's a war crime ? Where is the limit ? And why should we consider something to be a war crime when it was done by our country in its interests ?
      There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Ok, so it is permissible to claim that such persons are heroes...despite their convictions for said crimes? Right, I'm glad you clarified that. We can move on now.
        "Permissible" as long as it is done in accordance with the rules, yes.

If you started a thread for just that purpose it would be edited or deleted I imagine, as a comment in an existing thread it will pass.

It's not as if such opinions go unchallenged either, so I doubt they negatively impact the ACG as a "brand" so to speak.
        High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
        Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

I don't rant, but I do strive for humor. Most topics, and posters, here are funny in and of themselves.

For an example, a guy who stood by and ignored the commission of war crimes thinking he is different from those who pulled the triggers because he approves of one token effort decades after the fact...
          So you get your jollies off by poking fun of other people's services because their ROE doesn't jive with how you'd direct an action film?

Is this why cops have a reputation for poor trigger discipline? It all makes sense now.
          You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

It's not as if such opinions go unchallenged either, so I doubt they negatively impact the ACG as a "brand" so to speak.
            That is a risk ACG will have to access themselves. That is why I was asked to pose the question, to get a feel from members. But in the end, it's up to ACG to decide because it apparently wasn't considered before.

Comment

So you get your jollies off by poking fun of other people's services because their ROE doesn't jive with how you'd direct an action film?

Is this why cops have a reputation for poor trigger discipline? It all makes sense now.
              You said it yourself: you were afraid of the Serb army.

You're no different from everyone else who stood by and did nothing. Those people didn't matter to you then, any more than France mattered to your grandfather in 1940.

I don't blame you; the French can't fight. That's well-established.

But sending one old man to prison doesn't change what you did not do.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

You said it yourself: you were afraid of the Serb army.
                Sarcasm is lost on you...that's ok. It takes a modicum of human interaction to achieve this.

You're no different from everyone else who stood by and did nothing. Those people didn't matter to you then, any more than France mattered to your grandfather in 1940.

I don't blame you; the French can't fight. That's well-established.

But sending one old man to prison doesn't change what you did not do.
                You'e more insecure than I previously imagined. Keep that itchy finger away from the holster!

Comment

Sarcasm is lost on you...that's ok. It takes a modicum of human interaction to achieve this.
                  I don't think it was sarcasm. You choked up over seeing corpses, too.

You'e more insecure than I previously imagined. Keep that itchy finger away from the holster!
                  Not everyone is as afraid as you are.

Had you been a soldier, perhaps those bodies wouldn't have been in the mass graves. If you had the courage to create an international incident...

But you didn't. You were just following orders, just like the guys firing into those soon-to-be mass graves.

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post
                    What's a war crime ?
                    When the judge finds you guilty it's a war crime.

Where is the limit ?
                    When NATO starts bombing, that was the limit
                    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

I don't think it was sarcasm. You choked up over seeing corpses, too.

Not everyone is as afraid as you are.
                      Who says I was afraid? I was assisting in uncovering a murder scene...something you claim to know about but don't.

Had you been a soldier, perhaps those bodies wouldn't have been in the mass graves. If you had the courage to create an international incident...

But you didn't. You were just following orders, just like the guys firing into those soon-to-be mass graves.

Right....soldiers should be encouraged to take matters in their own hands. Just like COPs do! LOL!!

Comment

When the judge finds you guilty it's a war crime.
                        So when there was no judge, there is no crime possible ? And what judge is it ?

When NATO starts bombing, that was the limit
                        NATO also fails and comits crimes itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post
                          So when there was no judge, there is no crime possible ? And what judge is it ?
                          No judge, no crime that's always the case.

Any judge that can enforce his judgement.

NATO also fails and comits crimes itself.
                          No judge - no crime, as stated

Comment

Who says I was afraid? I was assisting in uncovering a murder scene...something you claim to know about but don't.
                            A little Vicks in the nose and it's no problem. For most, anyway; you couldn't handle it, obviously

Right....soldiers should be encouraged to take matters in their own hands. Just like COPs do! LOL!!
                            Just following orders, sure. That's what you did. You stood by and let those people die because orders are more important than their lives. Orders trumped any morality you ever claimed to have.

And now you are trying to posture and pretend that one old man going to prison decades later somehow absolves you.

That's funny. That's why I still come around here: because there are few things more entertaining than watching someone twist themselves into a knot trying to pretend that they aren't what they really are.

Comment

A little Vicks in the nose and it's no problem. For most, anyway; you couldn't handle it, obviously
                              We used cologne on hankies and covered the smell. We handled it and finished it.

Just following orders, sure. That's what you did. You stood by and let those people die because orders are more important than their lives. Orders trumped any morality you ever claimed to have.
                              So you're saying that had you been a better cop, you wouldn't have had to fish dead kids out of the water? Interesting way to self psycho-analyse yourself.

And now you are trying to posture and pretend that one old man going to prison decades later somehow absolves you.
                              If we counted the number of times Americans stood by....

That's funny. That's why I still come around here: because there are few things more entertaining than watching someone twist themselves into a knot trying to pretend that they aren't what they really are.
                              No, what is amusing is someone who is weaseling themselves out of an obvious sense of self-guilt by blaming others for an obvious failing at some point in your past...that has haunted you. So you come onto this forum, poke fun at other people's service, their family members and the things they've done as a means to brighten your badge a little more...because you have nothing else?

Nice of you to come clean Rim, I hope it helps you move on with your life. Shall I charge this to your account, or will this be cash?

Comment

No judge, no crime that's always the case.

Any judge that can enforce his judgement.

No judge - no crime, as stated
                                Why should we consider judges outside of Belgium ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X