Gobsmacked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gobsmacked

ACG appears to have undergone an update and there hasn't been a single whinge from the usual suspects. I'm gobsmacked.
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

There are also things still broken that will never be repaired and now members openly using insulting obscenities without comment from the mods, so don't get too dazzled. Truth is, no one does doing anything anymore and no one seems to care.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      There are also things still broken that will never be repaired and now members openly using insulting obscenities without comment from the mods, so don't get too dazzled. Truth is, no one does doing anything anymore and no one seems to care.
      I spoke too soon

Can some one translate
      no one does doing anything anymore
      please.
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

I spoke too soon

Can some one translate please.
        It's self-explanatory. No fixing, no manners, no self-discipline, no mods.

Comment

ACG appears to have undergone an update and there hasn't been a single whinge from the usual suspects. I'm gobsmacked.
          Haven't noticed an update. Could you give some details or specifics you've noticed?
          I'll admit I can be a bit obtuse at times, but haven't seen any significant change.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It's self-explanatory. No fixing, no manners, no self-discipline, no mods.
            Last I knew, being a mod is an unpaid position, other than maybe a free magazine subscription. So being somewhat chosen by others/owners and doing such with available times, and voluntary so to speak, we gets what we paid for.
            Being mostly adult here, seems we should be doing our own manners and discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Last I knew, being a mod is an unpaid position, other than maybe a free magazine subscription. So being somewhat chosen by others/owners and doing such with available times, and voluntary so to speak, we gets what we paid for.
              Being mostly adult here, seems we should be doing our own manners and discipline.
              Agreed; however, having been a mod elsewhere myself, I know there is a lot that can be done with little effort to curb some of the adverse actions. Been there; done that.

Comment

^ Along with whom (of the mods) is left, there are issues (likely) of time, energy, inclination and concern that may apply.

Comment

I spoke too soon

Can some one translate please.
                  It appears to be a combination of the infinitive and the present tense

Much better than before.( the site, not the diction....) |Removing the red marks stopped a lot of silliness.
                  The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Has there been a slight format tweak or is it my computer/settings? (Or a senior moment?)
                    1) "Share" and "Tweet" are now in a blue color bar, which I don't recall from before ...
                    2) Post/message text seems to be crowded right up to the Left edge of the text box ...
                    3) The ad column on the right side seems to be nearly double in width ...
                    ????
                    Noticed these changes this AM, don't recall them from yesterday or day before ...

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                      Has there been a slight format tweak or is it my computer/settings? (Or a senior moment?)
                      1) "Share" and "Tweet" are now in a blue color bar, which I don't recall from before ...
                      2) Post/message text seems to be crowded right up to the Left edge of the text box ...
                      3) The ad column on the right side seems to be nearly double in width ...
                      ????
                      Noticed these changes this AM, don't recall them from yesterday or day before ...
                      There has been a software update. It was briefly announced by a pop up message and the forum went off line for about 20 minutes. You were probably deep in the arms of Morpheus at the time.

Comment

There has been a software update. It was briefly announced by a pop up message and the forum went off line for about 20 minutes. You were probably deep in the arms of Morpheus at the time.
                        Most likely, or off-line ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X