Invalid server response - Please try again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid server response - Please try again

Today, I've been trying to edit and add to some of my remaining poll threads in the current Warships Tournament. These are located in 5 Star spec ops, to be moved to Armchair Attacks when they are completed. However, shortly after beginning my editing, saving the edits stopped working. The first save in pairing (poll) #48 worked fine and after that, successive attempts to add text and save all failed, meeting with the same notice saying, "Invalid server response. Please try again." I hope this situation doesn't continue for too long because it's stopping me from finishing off my polls. Progress is slow enough (due mainly to factors in my personal life) without running into these kinds of technical difficulties. Tried exiting ACG totally and came back about 30 mins later to try again. Same problem again. Don't know what to do about this.
    Last edited by panther3485; 12 Sep 18, 09:00.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Update: Just cleared all my browser cache to see if that was causing the problem but it's still happening. Out of curiosity, I tried to make a small change to the opening post in one of the currently running poll threads that's already in Armchair Attacks. Exactly the same problem occurred again. I am getting the notification that says, "Invalid server response. Please try again". Trying again doesn't work, however. I've got to the stage where I feel like banging my head on the desk. If I can't continue working on the poll threads, this campaign is dead in the water. (Pun intended). Does anyone know how to help me with this? If I can't get the campaign going again, there will be some very disappointed members and an extremely annoyed and frustrated Super (Me).
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

2nd update:
      I tried again using my work computer, during my lunch break today. Totally different computer, totally different network, totally different line. Exactly the same result. If I try to amend, update or add to ANY of my poll threads, I get the same frustrating notice:
      "Invalid server response. Please try again". And it doesn't matter how many times I "try again". Even 20 further attempts; no change.
      If I had any doubts about where the problem might have been, those doubts have now vanished.
      It really does look as if somehow, something has gone wrong with my poll threads at the ACG site itself.
      This has been an issue for well over 24 hours (approaching 36 hours) and no sign of any help or any kind of response at all, from anyone at ACG or the site owners (or their representative).
      I now intend to make an announcement in the appropriate sub-forum, explaining to members that I am unable to complete, or in any way work on, the remaining 16 poll threads. I can't even amend the poll closure dates to compensate for the time that may be lost if this stupid situation continues much longer.

panther3485 OUT.

Comment

Guys, I'm very happy to tell you all that the problem has now been resolved.

I hit on a solution almost by accident, late last night.
        I tried removing the poll expiry dates altogether, rather than adjusting them.
        It worked!

In any case, I've concluded that we don't actually need to have an expiry date set within each individual poll.
        At the commencement of each Round I can announce its duration and just prior to that, I can close the polls from the previous round.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who offered any kind of support during this time of frustration for me.

Best to all,
        Paul

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X