Private Messages?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Messages?

I have a problem with my private messages. I am getting a message saying I am over my limit of 200 (212). When I go in I can't access many of these 212 messages. If I can't delete any old messages, how do I PM someone? Why do Staff have a limit of 200 messages? One would think they need more.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Yeah the PM system seems to be broken, I couldn't empty my inbox.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

There is also no more Visitor Messages. Can this be fixed?

Pruitt

Comment

Pruitt,

Visitor Message is working, I see the messages that you have posted on others' profiles.

Also, PM is working. I had to deleted thousands of when we went to the new system. Remember those PM's informing you of receiving a new award? Each time I gave out an award it involved a PM, in the old format, it did not count against my message total, in fact, I never saw them in my "Sent" box because it was through a automated system. When we went to the new format, it blew up against my total, the systems telling me I had something like two thousand something PM's.

I just deleted a few right now to see if it is still working. It is. Go to "Messages" on top right any page and click that for the drop-down menu. Choose "Message Center" and then start with "Inbox". Check off the ones you want deleted. DELETE is the trash can icon at the upper left on top of you list of inbox messages. After that, do it same for "Sent Items".
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Sal, I did all that and found I have one page of saved sent messages and a little more that one page of inbox messages. When I tried to send a pm I still got a message saying I had over 200 messages saved and my box was full. A little over two pages of messages does not equal 212 messages. I may go and reboot in a little bit and see what the message center says then.

I must have hit the wrong button to get into Visitor Messages earlier.

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            Pruitt,

Visitor Message is working, I see the messages that you have posted on others' profiles.

Also, PM is working. I had to deleted thousands of when we went to the new system. Remember those PM's informing you of receiving a new award? Each time I gave out an award it involved a PM, in the old format, it did not count against my message total, in fact, I never saw them in my "Sent" box because it was through a automated system. When we went to the new format, it blew up against my total, the systems telling me I had something like two thousand something PM's.

I just deleted a few right now to see if it is still working. It is. Go to "Messages" on top right any page and click that for the drop-down menu. Choose "Message Center" and then start with "Inbox". Check off the ones you want deleted. DELETE is the trash can icon at the upper left on top of you list of inbox messages. After that, do it same for "Sent Items".
            That doesn't work. I even did select all and delete (are you sure you want to do it (yes) fail. It's broken. Perhaps you mods have more permissions than mere users but the system as it stands is completely non-functional.
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

That doesn't work. I even did select all and delete (are you sure you want to do it (yes) fail. It's broken. Perhaps you mods have more permissions than mere users but the system as it stands is completely non-functional.
              Hey, if you have a short attention span, I did say here and elsewhere that I had to purge my messages. If you are not capable of figuring it out, find someone that can.
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Hey, if you have a short attention span, I did say here and elsewhere that I had to purge my messages. If you are not capable of figuring it out, find someone that can.
                Hey man if you can help us out in figuring this out you will have our gratitude.I did attempt to empty my 'trash' before attempting to delete previous pm's.

I've helped people here before by making the path easy.

In the message section select all> delete> Fail.
                Instead of being demeaning try solving the issue please.
                Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X