Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is not working, what is gone, and how to do different things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test:

It takes longer than Angrim would like for his doughty men at arms to prepare sturdy yet portable ladders from the local wood-stands, but a few hours later they set off towards Skirpan itself at speed. Shunning the road and staying to the south side of the river they lose some time on the approach but with their enormous stamina and determination they make do with minimal breaks for rest and to hide from the occasional distant traveller. They are forced to leave their supply wagons behind as they simply cannot keep up with an off-road quick march without laming the oxen that draw them, but each dwarf carries two daysí rations as well as taking turns with the ladders and by the time they draw close to the city at dusk on the second day they are tired but confident that Skirpanís defenders havenít sighted their approach.
    Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Testing if it's written entirely in-thread?

EDIT: Okay, so the issue is text copied in. It looks fine in the preview, but goes boxy for me once it's posted.
      Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
        Testing if it's written entirely in-thread?

EDIT: Okay, so the issue is text copied in. It looks fine in the preview, but goes boxy for me once it's posted.

I have the same problem, if I want quotes I have to edit my post to include them.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

But no message feature most likely.

Also, there appears to be a talk bubble next to each member's name that takes you to what appears to be a Live Chat box that is apparently also not working yet.

EDIT: It looks like our old Rep messages are gone.
          That's a good thing. I had years of HP negging me with extremely nasty comments. Now no one can do so. It's a plus I think. Everything has to be open and transparent.
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

A new glitch just surfaced - tried to edit an error and was told I cannot util I save or cancel a "previous saved edit" which is unknown, unidentified and cannot be located anyway.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Any news when the ignore function is fully working again?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post
                Any news when the ignore function is fully working again?
                Looks like the Mods don't seem to care, I am not big on the iggy list, but some people are not worth listening to, they play the same song in all their posts and I can name it before they play it, it's a waste of my time having to read it!
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

Looks like the Mods don't seem to care, I am not big on the iggy list, but some people are not worth listening to, they play the same song in all their posts and I can name it before they play it, it's a waste of my time having to read it!
                  AGAIN!!!! It is a software issue that is awaiting the fix from the vendor. MOD's have no power in this issue. WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. The OWNER has to work it out with the VENDOR. We really would appreciate it if you and others STOP trying to imply it is a lack of interest by the Moderators.
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I have just found that youtube links in a thread I started 3.5 years ago are no longer visible.

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...uality-viewing

There is no problem with the actual content, viz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy2xaW-d6jU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyjVq0A3dYY

.....Just the problem with the forum.

I have to spend more time going back to find and replace them.

Disappointing.
                    "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
                    "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
                    ó Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

• So here's a glitch I'm wondering how to fix or deal with;
                      I made a post and inserted a copied image, but when I tried to use the "enter" key to go to a fresh line under to add more text it wouldn't do that.
                      Had to backtrack and place the extra text above the image ...
                      This post is the example;
                      https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...67#post5052867
                      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                        So here's a glitch I'm wondering how to fix or deal with;
                        I made a post and inserted a copied image, but when I tried to use the "enter" key to go to a fresh line under to add more text it wouldn't do that.
                        Had to backtrack and place the extra text above the image ...
                        This post is the example;
                        https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...67#post5052867
                        I am reasonably certain that I understand what you are referring to(ignore if I am not).

I had similar difficulty in moving images until I became more familiar with the process needed.

It is possible to move, within a post, the location of an image and post text after it.

I did so recently in this post:

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...55#post5052055

If you hover your cursor at the top of the image a four way arrow box(like a compass rose) will appear.

"Left click" on the compass rose & hold.

"Drag & Drop"(move) the image upwards a few lines(release left button).

Type or insert extra text.

Do the "Drag & Drop" procedure in reverse to the location where you actually want it to be.

The new forum is rather "clunky" and frustrating in a number of different aspects, especially relating to making or editing new posts.

It is like a car's gearbox where the clutch is out of adjustment, or the gearbox fluid is still cold, resulting in difficulty finding a gear.

A "deft" touch needs to be acquired in order to get it to do what used to be easier.

There also seems to be a time delay between releasing the mouse, and an actual change to the post occurring.

Some women, I have found, also need that finesse in order for them to be accommodating.

It is an acquired skill, not guaranteed to work in every situation.....like here(see the bold section of the following post - where I am complaining about the strange behaviour of the bold function itself) where I could not ultimately get the response I wanted:

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...50#post5051750
                        Last edited by At ease; 05 Aug 18, 01:31.
                        "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
                        "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
                        ó Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

• I see game reviews are still going into the "North Korea" subforum ....
                          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

• I've just noticed that all those that were on my ignore list (that was working) have popped up "in the clear" all of a sudden. Something new going on? Trolls destroy forums, and they are wrecking this one, so I hope the whole ignore feature gets fixed, and soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                              I've just noticed that all those that were on my ignore list (that was working) have popped up "in the clear" all of a sudden. Something new going on? Trolls destroy forums, and they are wrecking this one, so I hope the whole ignore feature gets fixed, and soon.
                              So seconded. Either that or extend the ban penalty. These trolls are really out of control and are driving people away.
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Just tried to go to a new thread in the North America section and it wasn't there...or anywhere. "Clunky" doesn't even begin to describe this new format which routinely displays threads that aren't where they say they are.

Note to Salinator: All you are doing by telling us the owners and the vendor are to blame is emphasizing the huge disconnect between those who use the forum and the "bosses" who obviously could care less whether it works well or not. What you fail to recognize is that we serfs have no way to reach the high and mighty.

One thing is clear at this point: remembering back to prior discussions about pay-as-you-go, no one would pay to subscribe to a forum that has so many glitches built into it.

And speaking of moderators, when are you going to get some to replace those you have lost? The children are totally out of control.
                                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X