Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is not working, what is gone, and how to do different things.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Strange, using the classic ctrl + mousewheel I can blow the site up untill nothing but the box I'm typing this in fits my screen..

    Letters 3-4 mm high ?

    You lose oversight that way obviously...
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

    Comment


    • #47
      There was also an option to look at the threads that one created (from profile). That option is now gone
      Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
      Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
      Barbarossa Derailed I & II
      Battle of Kalinin October 1941

      Comment


      • #48
        also, when looking at the profile, one cannot jump to previous posts.
        Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
        Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
        Barbarossa Derailed I & II
        Battle of Kalinin October 1941

        Comment


        • #49
          So I just tried to "Like" a post and noticed that the place I clicked then changed to "Unlike", and would seem that no message can be attached. I assume this is the new rep technique and is a bit different from our prior system.
          Last edited by G David Bock; 25 May 18, 13:35.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

          Comment


          • #50
            A couple of new observations~questions;
            1) just tried to edit the post above and couldn't get the cursor to set behind the smilie so I could click/enter to start another line of text below. Another quirk?
            2) I just liked the same poster again for another post in another thread and notice that;
            A. Unlike format before, one doesn't have to spread more rep around before giving to the same poster again.
            B. The number box to the right of the "Like" button changed from 1 to 2, suggesting this is showing either a tally of the "Like's" received by that poster, or the number of "Like's" I've given him, or .... ???
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

            Comment


            • #51
              New posts (button) still show 5 pages of old posts first....No "Mark Forums Read" button, that I can find anyway...

              Comment


              • #52
                Still wondering why game reviews posted by Armchair General are in the North Korea sub-forum instead of somewhere more appropriate?
                They fill most of the first page and on to the second;
                https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...ic/north-korea
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                  Still wondering why game reviews posted by Armchair General are in the North Korea sub-forum instead of somewhere more appropriate?
                  They fill most of the first page and on to the second;
                  https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...ic/north-korea
                  I think you ought to bring that to Ashley's attention on her thread.
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                  Prayers.

                  BoRG

                  http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    ^ Thanks, just did that.
                    BTW & FWIW, I just noticed that the "edit" function has no time limit. Not sure if that's a good feature or not, since it allows a lot of "history" here to be rewritten. .
                    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                      ^ Thanks, just did that.
                      BTW & FWIW, I just noticed that the "edit" function has no time limit. Not sure if that's a good feature or not, since it allows a lot of "history" here to be rewritten. .
                      I would never have noticed, because EDIT never expires for me. One thing at a time. There are a lot of other issues still to be worked out, many of which I cannot talk about.
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                      Prayers.

                      BoRG

                      http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Salinator View Post

                        I would never have noticed, because EDIT never expires for me. One thing at a time. There are a lot of other issues still to be worked out, many of which I cannot talk about.
                        I don't doubt , and the previous was a FYI
                        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I've just started a poll in Weapons of War, and noticed there is no icon on the main page to indicate that there is a poll in that thread. Is this just part of the new package or can something be placed there to highlight it?
                          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                          Ernest Hemingway.

                          In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                            I've just started a poll in Weapons of War, and noticed there is no icon on the main page to indicate that there is a poll in that thread. Is this just part of the new package or can something be placed there to highlight it?
                            I saw that. That is a question for Ashley.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                            Prayers.

                            BoRG

                            http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              The current flagging process for bad posts is remarkably inferior to the old system of Bad Post Reporting. Can that possibly be returned as it was?

                              Let me add my thanks to Ashley for her hard work on the new look!

                              Regards,
                              Dennis
                              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

                              Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                                So I just tried to "Like" a post and noticed that the place I clicked then changed to "Unlike", and would seem that no message can be attached. I assume this is the new rep technique and is a bit different from our prior system.
                                Kind of like FaceBook, everything reduced to a lower common denominator.
                                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X