Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is not working, what is gone, and how to do different things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's another glitch; go to Current Events, then to East Asia and the Pacific, then to North Korea and you only see the one sticky, followed by a bunch of threads on game reviews that look like they are lifted from the History net website. Weren't there other threads focused on North Korea in the prior format ???
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
      "Trending topics" and then "view all" does much the same though...although you have to manually skip to the last post.
      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Pm seems to think that 1 character is the maximum. Tried to pm sennef for a half hour. Probably a parameter change will fix pm and live chat. Something like setting max characters at 4k
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

"Trending topics" and then "view all" does much the same though...although you have to manually skip to the last post.
          If you look far right where the last poster is shown, that little blue box with two arrows in it while take you to last post of a thread when you click on it.

Just had to use edit function to get my signatures to show ...
          Last edited by G David Bock; 24 May 18, 11:39.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
            Here's another glitch; go to Current Events, then to East Asia and the Pacific, then to North Korea and you only see the one sticky, followed by a bunch of threads on game reviews that look like they are lifted from the History net website. Weren't there other threads focused on North Korea in the prior format ???
            Just noticed that the other threads for Korea start on page two of that sub-forum. Just page one is loaded with game reviews from somewhere else.

BTW, some continuing evolution here it seems. "Home" list of sub-forums and threads now in black print rather than red (for the moment anyway) and seeing more areas with color shaded background. Still lots of tweaking needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
              Quick Links is gone, so can't do Today's Posts.
              Our ribbons and medals are gone.
              No more rep function.
              The new Like feature is public and does not work.
              No more Multi Quote.
              The Calendar is blank.
              Large Fonts are gone, the differences between the choices are just about worthless.

Can't figure out how to Link yet or post picture.

What else, guys?
              Quick Links is gone, so can't do Today's Posts. - This is fixed
              Our ribbons and medals are gone. - That I am not going to be able to bring back sorry.
              No more rep function.
              The new Like feature is public and does not work. - I have submited this error to our hosting company to get fixed.
              No more Multi Quote.
              The Calendar is blank. - I am working on trying to get the events back.
              Large Fonts are gone, the differences between the choices are just about worthless. - This is not an issue. Here is how to make the text bigger. https://screencast.com/t/NPqkOXOj6u

I have fixed the smilie issues and did some updates to the theme to look more like the old site.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley M. View Post

Our ribbons and medals are gone. - That I am not going to be able to bring back sorry.
                No more rep function.
                I don't see why you can't have ribbons and medals. I am on another vBulletin forum and it shows "Awards" under Reputation bar. In User Settings, it has an "Awards" tab. I don't see why that is too hard to implement. This is the forum I'm talking about: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/

Also, please allow users to change the colors of the message backgrounds. The white hurts the eyes for us night owls or just have naturally dark rooms. The old forum color scheme was much nicer, and so was the layout. Trying to change "Forum Style" in User Settings does nothing that I can perceive.
                The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

Hello All,
                  If you are not sure how to edit your signature or change it so that your signature shows up below is a video on how to edit it.
                  https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1

There is still an issue of the signature not show up when you post a comment but I am working on getting that issue fixed. but please make sure your box is checked that you want to show signature under Visible Post Elements.

Comment

Quick Links is gone, so can't do Today's Posts. - This is fixed
                    No more rep function.
                    The new Like feature is public and does not work. - I have submited this error to our hosting company to get fixed.
                    No more Multi Quote.
                    The Calendar is blank. - I am working on trying to get the events back.
                    Large Fonts are gone, the differences between the choices are just about worthless. - This is not an issue. Here is how to make the text bigger. https://screencast.com/t/NPqkOXOj6u

I have fixed the smilie issues and did some updates to the theme to look more like the old site.

Well I'd have a lot more confidence if the vid you posted would run. I just get an icon with 'click to enable flash player' but it does nothing. Still stuck with teensy weeny font to read.
                    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Test posting smilies:

EDIT: Guys, there is seemingly no limit to the number of smilies we can post. Previous limit was eight! And there are more of them.
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Ashley,

Since everyone else is covering things that are bugging them, let me be the first one to directly thank you for getting so much of it fixed and working in just a few days. I know that porting over all the data from the old site and old format, getting it switched to the new one, and getting the new format up and running at all is a feat. I'm sure that there will be bugs and things that you'll be chasing down for weeks, I'll try to keep my b*tching to a minimum until middle of next month if something's not working quite right.

Oh, and thanks for fixing the white-out and PMs. Are there things I miss about the old layout? Certainly. But now I find this layout is perfectly workable, and I did notice that it loads just a wee bit faster on my phone and auto-scales to the size of my phone screen, which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Well I'd have a lot more confidence if the vid you posted would run. I just get an icon with 'click to enable flash player' but it does nothing. Still stuck with teensy weeny font to read.
                          Works fine for me on Chrome. I did have to 'enable flash' in my browser to see it. Flash player isn't as common as it used to be, and IIRC for security reasons some browsers require to you to specifically enable it for a task rather than letting it run at will.

As for the 'large fonts', posting in larger fonts is there. I think the question is if there is a setting to simply zoom everything in, or make all fonts display larger on the screen for a user. Some of us wear glasses (or contacts).....and some of our members are quite beyond the help of anything short of bionic eyes......

Comment

Hello All,
                            If you are not sure how to edit your signature or change it so that your signature shows up below is a video on how to edit it.
                            https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1

There is still an issue of the signature not show up when you post a comment but I am working on getting that issue fixed. but please make sure your box is checked that you want to show signature under Visible Post Elements.
                            Thanks for your efforts in fixing what can be fixed.

Comment

Hello All,
                              My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location.
                              Thank you Ashley, don't let the grumbling here discourage you, splendid job there, and the old geezers here will get used to it
                              High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Thank you Ashley, don't let the grumbling here discourage you, splendid job there, and the old geezers here will get used to it
                                In my boyhood my grandparents house contained two old geezers
                                1. A gas fired device that heated the bathwater that used to rumble and splutter
                                2. A scotch fired device known as my grandfather who used to rumble and splutter
                                Now that I have achieved geezerhood myself can I point out that with time I can still adjust to the new but unless a miracle occurs time is not going to make it any easier for me to read small text which is my main cause of rumbling and spluttering.

Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                                Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X