Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Change to Bad Post Reporting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slander me, just no sticks or stones...

I encourage personal attacks upon me, that just proves the lack of intelligence or ability to defeat my arguments...but I understand how boring and spamish reading such drivel can be for others...

On a serious note, should I transgress, how does one appeal for forgiveness/be reinstated? I refuse to ever become a Tigger or whatever and hide under an assumed name if I am not welcome here. Hopefully there is a reasonable chance for explanation and to make ammends. I really enjoy this site
    If war is Hell, why was the Eastern Front so damned cold??!!

Comment

Silent Hunter we have somewhat drifted from our traditional habit of changing the title of any given BPR to add [Action Taken] or [No Action Taken]. Our apologies. That would be the extent of it. Regards title links... in that our Staff is all volunteer, & that the vast majority of BPRs warrant no action, the additional duty of that would be... well, pretty much akin to latrine duty...

Besides, if the predominate historical point/attraction to this community is that of BPRs, then somebody likely needs a Vay Cay...

Trust me, & believe when I say that I am currently/actually ON Vay Cay Shun - HAR...

Unemployed upon its conclusion.

Heidi, you'll know if there is a problem, BPR or not...

One way, or any of a multitude of others - public or private...

If there is no problem, there is no problem...

No, we ain't gonna spend the time to tell ya somebody BPR'd ya if there was no problem to it.

I am but your humble forum/community janitor/custodian, american1975...

The bins are in the back...

The Mess Hall is Open...

Slug absolutely Lurvs good Vittles...

Pleased to properly make your acquaintance!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

I wonder if vBulletin has a status/flag option that would reduce the work of managing BPRs?
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
          Silent Hunter we have somewhat drifted from our traditional habit of changing the title of any given BPR to add [Action Taken] or [No Action Taken].
          Those were really good ideas. Speaking for myself (of course), all I wanted to know was that any complaint was investigated. If the staff did not believe action was warranted, so be it.

p.s. sorry to hear about the extended holiday
          ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
          2) Enjoy playing it
          3) Enjoy sharing it
          4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
            I wonder if vBulletin has a status/flag option that would reduce the work of managing BPRs?
            Weren't there some of those smiley buttons that could be used (that were only accessible to Staff members)? I thought that during one of the GameSquad updates, they made certain smiley Icons available to paid subscription members while the general public did not have access to them. Could some of those icons (like the thumbs up/down) possibly be adapted/modified for such a Yay/Nay response on ACG?
            ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
            2) Enjoy playing it
            3) Enjoy sharing it

Comment

If I'm having issues with someone is there a way we could have a thread made in here that only he, myself, and an admin acting as a mediator could see?
              Three Reichs and you're out.

Comment

I believe that you could do that through a PM. For the recipients do a mod and the person you are having the issues with.

Or you could put that person on ignore.
                In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
                - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

Comment

Originally posted by Immelmann View Post
                  If I'm having issues with someone is there a way we could have a thread made in here that only he, myself, and an admin acting as a mediator could see?
                  Report any posts that are violations of the forum rules. Sometimes people get upset because no action is taken, but it is because there was no violation of the forum rules. Its a case of one or two people being irritated.

Comment

What exactly does ignore do? And is there some way of stopping specific people from seeing your stuff?
                    Three Reichs and you're out.

Comment

Ignore prevents you from seeing what they are saying (and not the other way around.)
                      ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
                      2) Enjoy playing it
                      3) Enjoy sharing it

Comment

Originally posted by Immelmann View Post
                        What exactly does ignore do? And is there some way of stopping specific people from seeing your stuff?
                        I believe that ignore is like blocking someone. You don't see any of there stuff, I think.

I think they only way that you could keep people to not see your stuff is to not post or have them put you on ignore, or something. But I am not sure.
                        In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
                        - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

Comment

Not a report but a suggestion. Could the game/gameplaying be in their own section, only...in some forums they are pushing the discussion of history out of the forum almost totally.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post

Now THAT's just plain uncalled for!

Mom! Wes is being gruesome! Now he is touching me! Make him stop touching me! Mom! Mom! Mom!

Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                            Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X