Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding new sections to the Armchair Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding new sections to the Armchair Forum?

I was wondering if other members of the Forum woould like to see new sections for discussion added?

For example I would like to see a War Crimes section added and possibly a Third World Conflict section added?

There are 3 factors which we take into account;

Demand
    Staff to grow new forum
    Does it make sense at ACG?

Demand is generally when more than a few people step up and ask for such a forum. Staff is usually drawn from one of those people wanting said forum, who are willing to seed it with valuable topics to get things started and help it grow. A caretaker if you will. Finally, we must insure the new forum makes sense for us to have here. We are somewhat stingy when it comes to new forums, especially if they are not related to our core content.
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

War Crimes section ... a maybe. It would be best if it had a mod BEFORE going live though. Might be prone to angry thoughts.

Third World conflict. Depends on a more accurate definition of that term.

Did you mean a conflict that was WW3 ie a 3rd conflict involving the whole world. Or did you mean a conflict occuring in what we call the Third World.

Although I think both are sort of what iffy, and might be best served in alternate timelines. Because it's all speculation until it happens.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

War crimes can become quite nasty if it ain't moderated closely 24/7.
        The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
        ----
        We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Comment

Originally posted by McCoy View Post
          War crimes can become quite nasty if it ain't moderated closely 24/7.
          Agreed. And is probably a major reason why we'd not want to take this on...
          Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Maud'dib View Post
            War Crimes section ... a maybe. It would be best if it had a mod BEFORE going live though. Might be prone to angry thoughts.

Third World conflict. Depends on a more accurate definition of that term.

Did you mean a conflict that was WW3 ie a 3rd conflict involving the whole world. Or did you mean a conflict occuring in what we call the Third World.

Although I think both are sort of what iffy, and might be best served in alternate timelines. Because it's all speculation until it happens.
            By Third World conflicts, I mean those not addressed by current sections, For example the Iran-Iraq War, The Nigerian Civil War, and the Indian Pakistan conflicts as well as the Rhodesian Bush War and South African Border Wars and many others.

Also I guess a War Crimes section nay not be such a good idea after all considering that this type of section is a source for many of the banning's at the Axis History Forum.

Comment

Wars & Warfare

or

Warfare Through The Ages

Not a stone unturned!

We need no additional forums for such conflicts as those...

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                Wars & Warfare

or

Warfare Through The Ages

Not a stone unturned!

We need no additional forums for such conflicts as those...

Admiral is right. We have Wars & Warfare which can cover just about anything. And there's four subforums in that area alone that cover alot of subjects. I've started threads there on Samurai history and the Franco-Prussian War that got good and very quick responses. It's there if you know how to look for it.
                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

I would like to see War Crimes section and Third World conflict.
                  If you need mod. Im 12 midnight to about 4 or 5. Then i go to bed then get up at about 7 am and i do this every day. It is about all I do until i find a job. Which and much in my town.
                  Maj. Gewi Redhawks Jones Jr.

Civil War RPG

Hold the line. Hold the line we few men will kill whats in front. Its our Division that will hold or we all die. I say hold this Line

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X