odd form of censorship on ACG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• odd form of censorship on ACG?

I just went back to verify someone's book recommendation on an old thread I started a while ago on napoleonic forum. The thread is gone!

It's not egotistical nor do I care if thread is re-instated. People were quite helpful with my obvious noobish question, there was some good debate which followed but no personal attacks like I've seen on threads which have been locked (but not deleted).

Just curious as to WHY it was deleted.

Before crying wolf are you sure this thread was deleted? maybe you just failed to locate it? it's very rare that entire threads are erased, especially when no forum rules have been broken.

Comment

I've done a bit of research and found only two threads started by you in the Napoleonic forum, one called delegation of authority? and the other Napoleon's Imperial Guard.

Comment

Maybe he tried to find it in the list of his own posts? I have noticed that there is an upward limit on how many post show up on that list, even if the post still exists in the threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
          I've done a bit of research and found only two threads started by you in the Napoleonic forum, one called delegation of authority? and the other Napoleon's Imperial Guard.
          Well, I'm really confused. Can't find thread by scrolling through those listed on the 2 pages on that forum, yet using your link and it shows! Is there some bug in the SW?

Sorry if this thread title came off as if ranting, wasn't my intention.

Comment

Check the Options in your User CP, there's a thread display options called "Default Thread Age Cut Off" that you might want to reset to "Show all threads"

Comment

Hey Boonie. I think he bought it. Good recovery. The Black Helicopter is waiting for you

Last edited by Miss Saigon; 30 Sep 07, 13:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
                Check the Options in your User CP, there's a thread display options called "Default Thread Age Cut Off" that you might want to reset to "Show all threads"
                BINGO--problem solved, was set to default (not sure how long that is). Also answered why some forums didn't seem to have many threads to me.

Thank you sir for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckster View Post
                  BINGO--problem solved, was set to default (not sure how long that is). Also answered why some forums didn't seem to have many threads to me.

Thank you sir for your help!
                  Glad you found it. There had to be a simple answer - we don't go around randomly culling threads and we certainly don't censor anything other than vulgarity or some extreme political views such as holocaust denial, and I can only recall one occasion when we had to do even that.

Dr. S.
                  Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

For those that may not be aware of, or understand the setting which Boon pointed out to Canuckster... the following link will assist in navigation to the setting & maybe even broaden the user experience in all ACG Forums:

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

[/SIZE]
                      Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                      For those that may not be aware of, or understand the setting which Boon pointed out to Canuckster... the following link will assist in navigation to the setting & maybe even broaden the user experience in all ACG Forums:

Hey!! I like that. I was also using the forum defaults. I like having all the threads available much better. Once again, da Admiral is da man!

And once again, I prove that I'm a computer moron.
                      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

As Stephane pointed out, the search function is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by revans
                          Once again, da Admiral is da man!
                          Not at all... Boon is da man!

Even with all threads showing... 'Search' will save alotta time.

That Stéphane solved the riddle is telling of his dedication to us all.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

In this particular case the search was rather easy, I just went to Canuckster's profile and clicked on 'Find all threads started by user' (I was lucky he didn't start many )

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post

Not at all... Boon is da man!

Even with all threads showing... 'Search' will save alotta time.

That Stéphane solved the riddle is telling of his dedication to us all.

You're right! Boonierat is also DA MAN!!
                              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X