How can I get rid of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get rid of?

The tabloid crap on windows 10 edge, as a matter of fact I would like to get rid of windows 10 period, I just don't like it.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

I don't think you can opt out, but you can increase your screen view to 150%, or so, and move the cursor to the right side. It will minimize the ads. I use it so I can read the posts easier..without my glasses.

Comment

I don't get any tabloid crap on windows 10 - by Edge do you mean the Edge of your screen or the Edge browser? I just run Opera browser instead with an ad blocker. Windows trys to change the default back to Edge from time to time and I just reset it. If any one knows how to stop it doing that it would be useful.
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
        I don't get any tabloid crap on windows 10 - by Edge do you mean the Edge of your screen or the Edge browser? I just run Opera browser instead with an ad blocker. Windows trys to change the default back to Edge from time to time and I just reset it. If any one knows how to stop it doing that it would be useful.
        I mean the Edge Browser, most of it is Tabloid Crap!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
          I mean the Edge Browser, most of it is Tabloid Crap!
          Don't use it then, Chrome and Opera (Opera uses the Chrome engine) are both free to download and if you also download a free adblocker and block pop ups - no more rubbish If you don't like those browsers there are plenty of others you can use.
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
            The tabloid crap on windows 10 edge, as a matter of fact I would like to get rid of windows 10 period, I just don't like it.
            Select Armchair Plain at the bottom of the screen. That removes all the adware and stuff.

To expand your screen, CONTROL and +. That's Geezer View.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Run Firefox with NoScript.
              Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
              Hyperwar, Whats New
              World War II Resources
              The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Get a bigger screen.
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                  Get a bigger screen.
                  A bigger screen just displays more adware.

There is also a setting for ACG Large for those with vision difficulties.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    A bigger screen just displays more adware.

There is also a setting for ACG Large for those with vision difficulties.
                    But Trung Si isn't complaining about adware on AMG - he's complaining about it on the Edge browser so the solution is to run a different browser with an ad blocker extension. I do that and get no adware

Comment

Use MarkV or Opanas methods, they will work. Just remember that's a moving target and you'll have to update or change the anti-script or adware tool occasionally. After all, that's how websites work, they depend on ad clicks so.....or just don't visit "those" websites

Comment

Originally posted by boomer400 View Post
                        Use MarkV or Opanas methods, they will work. Just remember that's a moving target and you'll have to update or change the anti-script or adware tool occasionally. After all, that's how websites work, they depend on ad clicks so.....or just don't visit "those" websites
                        I am not talking about adware or websites, I am talking about the tabloid type news pictures and stories that are displayed with Edge!
                        Last edited by Trung Si; 24 Jun 16, 20:03.

Comment

As I said its simple don't use Edge - use a different browser, I use Opera that doesn't have this and also which has an ad blocker unlike Edge. What's difficult?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                            As I said its simple don't use Edge - use a different browser, I use Opera that doesn't have this and also which has an ad blocker unlike Edge. What's difficult?
                            I have to go to edge to get in to the browser I use and now things are getting worse overnight, my laptop which had windows7has updated itself to windows 10, now I am really pissed!

Comment

If you install another browser you don't need to go through Edge to get to it. Install a different Browser, go into settings and set it as your default browser and pin it to your start menu

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X