X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarkV
    replied
    Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
    They look like super script on my tablet.
    Thanks, I've an item in preparation - I'll use them in it and if that is successful I'll post the simple solution

Leave a comment:

• GCoyote
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    Just a trial ¹. Do these superscripts work² If so I think I've cracked it³

¹ Dr Reginald Balderdash
    ² Heronimuch Bosh
    ³ Wikirubbish
    They look like super script on my tablet.

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Double boo! Really DUMB answer. Do you honestly think footnotes appear by themselves without being "typed in"? the real problem is in elevating the number to follow current style and usage, which is easily done with typewriter, but very difficult to do on a keyboard of any kind.

footnote,1

1see above
    Actually if you are using the Word facilities properly and maintaining a list of citations properly your typing load is quite low and most of the work is done for you. Unfortunately you cannot just transfer a word document . However as my previous post shows I've found a way to do proper footnotes on the forums I think - but since nobody has bothered to respond to my request to tell me what it looks like on their machine I can't be 100% sure
    Last edited by MarkV; 26 May 16, 13:22.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Karri View Post
    Booo, passive agressive answer.

But true, there's really no other way of adding them than typing them in.
    Double boo! Really DUMB answer. Do you honestly think footnotes appear by themselves without being "typed in"? the real problem is in elevating the number to follow current style and usage, which is easily done with typewriter, but very difficult to do on a keyboard of any kind.

footnote,1

1see above

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    replied
    Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
    Is this coming off the back of my post about the French drummer boy?
    No

Leave a comment:

• OpanaPointer
    replied
    Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
    Is this coming off the back of my post about the French drummer boy? If so, I do it that way to save time. I could go back over the text and replace the bracketed numbers but as I said, it takes time, and seeing as it works for wiki, I can't see why it shouldn't work on this site.(1)

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...5&postcount=51

Paul
    If you needed to convert text to html just replace [ with <sup> and ] with </sup> globally, less typing and more use of the software's abilities.

Leave a comment:

• Dibble201Bty
    replied

¹ Dr Reginald Balderdash
    ² Heronimuch Bosh
    ³ Wikirubbish
    Is this coming off the back of my post about the French drummer boy? If so, I do it that way to save time. I could go back over the text and replace the bracketed numbers but as I said, it takes time, and seeing as it works for wiki, I can't see why it shouldn't work on this site.(1)

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...5&postcount=51

Paul
    Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 25 May 16, 06:43.

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    replied
    Can someone let me know if this looks OK?

¹ Dr Reginald Balderdash
    ² Heronimuch Bosh
    ³ Wikirubbish

Leave a comment:

• GCoyote
    replied
    Given that many other forums allow superscripts isn't it time this one joined the rest of the world?
    It's not included in the software we're running although there is an Internet work around I've seen people use. PM The Doctor, I think he's the one who found it.

Leave a comment:

• OpanaPointer
    replied
    Given that many other forums allow superscripts isn't it time this one joined the rest of the world?
    Oh, I thought you had something to add.

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    replied
    Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
    And?

Leave a comment:

• OpanaPointer
    replied
    Haven't noticed it catching on
    And?

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    replied
    Lovely if you have the ability to do that. I didn't. And CoMH was the ones who said "Okay, we like this way, do it." This was in 1992, btw.
    Haven't noticed it catching on

Leave a comment:

• OpanaPointer
    replied
    So you don't use a superscript like everyone else in the world Superscript is the international standard. Just using a number in square brackets is messy if you have more than a few footnotes
    Lovely if you have the ability to do that. I didn't. And CoMH was the ones who said "Okay, we like this way, do it." This was in 1992, btw.

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    replied
    [1] works for the Center of Military History. They approved that system when I started doing the Green Books for them back in the early '90s.
    So you don't use a superscript like everyone else in the world Superscript is the international standard. Just using a number in square brackets is messy if you have more than a few footnotes

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X