Awards Display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awards Display?

What happened to the display of individual awards next to the member's avatar?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I would guess nothing since I see seven to the right of your avatar.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Sometimes only some of mine show, but I'm not sure why that is.

I can see 7 ribbons for you, including the new one Panther awarded today.

Comment

I have a Macbook Air and when I use Apple's OS Safari, I don't see half of my ribbons. When I switch OS to Chrome or Firefox, I can see all of them.
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I see that a lot when the server isn't performing at it's best. Missing or misaligned graphics, especially ribbons, are one of the first things I notice.

Anything else look buggy to you?
          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
            I see that a lot when the server isn't performing at it's best. Missing or misaligned graphics, especially ribbons, are one of the first things I notice.

Anything else look buggy to you?
            No...just no one's ribbons are displayed. I wouldn't have been looking but Panther sent me a PM about the ribbon for the latest contest and I was curious to see what it looked like.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
              Sometimes only some of mine show, but I'm not sure why that is.

I can see 7 ribbons for you, including the new one Panther awarded today.
              Hmm...because you're a mod...or is it something else? I can see the little stars and medals, but no ribbons for anyone.

Comment

Hmm...because you're a mod...or is it something else? I can see the little stars and medals, but no ribbons for anyone.
                Neither a mod (or a rocker) but I can see them for everyone whose got 'em
                Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I took a screen shot earlier and all I could see was seven Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" ribbons... for outstanding contribution to the state and defence of the fatherland.

Putin Salutes you.

Attached Files
                  "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                  Ernest Hemingway.

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

Comment

The ribbons are linked to a separate ftp server. That makes them typically the last page element to load and subject to timing out.

This is often the first problem I see before the server starts getting unstable.

Comment

It would seem that the architecture of ACG is such that individual members can have individual problems with it that the rest cannot see.
                      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                        It would seem that the architecture of ACG is such that individual members can have individual problems with it that the rest cannot see.
                        Which makes it quite frustrating at times to try to track down the source of any specific problem.

If I win the lottery, I'll buy the site, re-host it, and hire professionals to manage the place.

Until then enjoy!

Comment

I got so many ad blockers and other assorted anti malware that I can't see most of the stuff on this site. I was wandering here on a unprotected computer yesterday and was amazed at all the adverts...
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Why worry about them when you have your reputation blocked? With close to 70k post you must have a couple k positive reps.

why worry when you have your reputation awards blocked?
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                              Why worry about them when you have your reputation blocked? With close to 70k post you must have a couple k positive reps.

why worry when you have your reputation awards blocked?
                              I thought that 'disabled reputation' - which is what shows, meant that he'd shot himself in the foot (or somewhere else)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X