Outside Sales Posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside Sales Posting

Placed here because I do not "have permission" to report this at the Bad Post site.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...04#post3146304
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Placed here because I do not "have permission" to report this at the Bad Post site.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...04#post3146304
    Looks like one of the mod's got it already.

The permission issue happens whenever site access is slow. The server isn't retrieving your member profile data fast enough to complete the BPR so it thinks you are a guest. It's happened to me a few times over the years.
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
      Looks like one of the mod's got it already.

The permission issue happens whenever site access is slow. The server isn't retrieving your member profile data fast enough to complete the BPR so it thinks you are a guest. It's happened to me a few times over the years.
      And you are wrong. I have been blocked continuously for at least the past five years.

Comment

And you are wrong. I have been blocked continuously for at least the past five years.
        So are you. This still happens to me periodically even though I have almost every permission on the site. However, now that you mention this, I seem to recall Wes attempting to fix it once before. I can't promise anything but I will take another look tonight when I get to a real computer. I'll let you know beforehand if I try to change anything major.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
          So are you. This still happens to me periodically even though I have almost every permission on the site. However, now that you mention this, I seem to recall Wes attempting to fix it once before. I can't promise anything but I will take another look tonight when I get to a real computer. I'll let you know beforehand if I try to change anything major.
          You are offering to fix a problem you claim does not exist?

Comment

You are offering to fix a problem you claim does not exist?
            I'd didn't say it didn't exist. I just noted your explanation does not cover all of the possibilities in a networked environment. After checking your profile last night, I'm leaning toward data corruption as the most likely cause.

Next step is to have a look and see if Wes left any notes on the subject. The investigation continues as time permits.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X