Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strikethrough

How do we do strikethrough in text?
    Bold, Italics and Underlined are present, but [S]strikethrough[/S] does not seem to work.
    ------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Originally posted by Selous View Post
    How do we do strikethrough in text?
    Bold, Italics and Underlined are present, but [S]strikethrough[/S] does not seem to work.
    I'll pass this on to the technical staff. But it might have been disabled for a reason.
    Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

I considered that, as I've seen another member do it from time to time, but not recently, but I don't know, thanks RichardS
      ------
      'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

s̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶

It's allowed, but it's Unicode not ASCII, so you'd have to enter it manually. I don't remember the combination, but I'll look it up.
        ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Cheers pal
          ------

Comment

Ok, it's U+0336. If you have the required value in your registry this might work.

Try this:
            1. Highlight text that you want to format
            2. Press and hold the ALT key
            3. While holding ALT, press and release the + key on the numpad
            4. Enter 0-3-3-6 in sequence on the numpad.
            5. Release ALT key

Wait, are you using Windows?
            ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Yes, Windows 7 I think - will it not work? Will I perform an illegal operation and go to jail?
              ------

Comment

Yes, Windows 7 I think - will it not work? Will I perform an illegal operation and go to jail?
                No, I was just afraid you may be one of those macbook users I read about. No, go ahead and try it. If it doesn't work, well, it won't.

If it doesn't work, it's possible to change the value to allow it to, but if you're not computer savvy that's kind of like giving you written instructions for disarming a bomb. I don't want you messing about in your registry. If that happened, next thing you know, you might be posting in mandarin, right to left.

Comment

Here goes;

Highlight text that you want to format
                  Press and hold the ALT key
                  While holding ALT, press and release the + key on the numpad
                  Enter 0-3-3-6 in sequence on the numpad.
                  Release ALT key

P

Nope, didn't work, I highlighted the word 'test', followed the instructions, and got 'P'.

Computers, worse than horses.
                  ------

Comment

Computers, worse than horses.
                    You can beat a horse.

Comment

It's softer hitting a computer
                      ------

Comment

It's softer hitting a computer
                        Won't get animal rights users after you too.
                        Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Just take a ruler, a pen with a fine nib and draw a line through the work manually.

Philip
                          "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

This is for forum postings , I'd like to achieve the effect here at ACG posts you see, rather than in printed work
                            ------

Comment

This is for forum postings , I'd like to achieve the effect here at ACG posts you see, rather than in printed work
                              You can probably get a good two hundred or so postings like this in before you'd have to buy a new monitor.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X