We Need Uniformity By Admins And Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Need Uniformity By Admins And Mods

Some posts are moved to other forums, and some similar ones are not.

Could we have some uniformity of "enforcement", please?

If you move a thread that announces that Iraq urges the Middle Eastern use oil as a weapon against America, which has potentially devastating political and economic implications, you must then move the thread announcing that India considers "meat eaters lie and and commit sexual crimes", for whatever the same reason was for the first move. Say...the Far Eastern Forum?

And an oil platform fire is news, but not politics, so you must move that one as well.

Rules are, as you have often pointed out to me, rules and must be enforced as such across the board...right?

But I was trained to always offer a solution and not just a problem, so how about a screening forum where all new posts must go to be evaluated before being sent to the correct site? That way, you don;t appear to be randomly singly certain individuals out while ignoring others, and you can bring order out of what is unquestionably chaos.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Some posts are moved to other forums, and some similar ones are not.

Could we have some uniformity of "enforcement", please?

If you move a thread that announces that Iraq urges the Middle Eastern use oil as a weapon against America, which has potentially devastating political and economic implications, you must then move the thread announcing that India considers "meat eaters lie and and commit sexual crimes", for whatever the same reason was for the first move. Say...the Far Eastern Forum?

And an oil platform fire is news, but not politics, so you must move that one as well.

Rules are, as you have often pointed out to me, rules and must be enforced as such across the board...right?

But I was trained to always offer a solution and not just a problem, so how about a screening forum where all new posts must go to be evaluated before being sent to the correct site? That way, you don;t appear to be randomly singly certain individuals out while ignoring others, and you can bring order out of what is unquestionably chaos.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Maybe you could just learn how to read, particularly the passage in red...
    Firstly, the actual news... An explosion and fire on the West Delta 32 platform has left two workers missing and several injuries. The platform was shut in at the time and the accident was not related to drilling or production operations. The platform was being refurbished and the accident was construction related...
    2 missing, none confirmed dead, in Gulf of Mexico platform fire

Bob Warren, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Posted:* 11/16/2012

The Coast Guard continued searching through Friday night for two people who remain missing from a platform that caught fire 25 miles southeast of Grand Isle early Friday. Earlier, authorities reported that two people had been killed, but during a news conference in New Orleans, the Coast Guard said there are no confirmed deaths at this time.

Twenty-two workers were on the platform at the time the blaze erupted, according to Coast Guard Capt. Ed Cubanski, chief of the Coast Guard response division in New Orleans. Eleven of those were transported to four area hospitals. Nine others were evacuated from the platform uninjured, and two remain missing, he said.

[...]

While there were about 80 barrels of petroleum product aboard and seven wells on the platform the platform at the time of the explosion, only the about 28 gallons are expected to have released, Cubanski said. He added that the platform is in 56 feet of water.

There is light oil sheen about a half-mile long and 200 yards wide reported on the Gulf's surface near the platform, which Cubanski said was consistent with the 28-gallon spill reported.

[...]

http://mobile.nola.com/advnola/db_/c...l=true#display
    Now for the politics... Enviromarxist [email protected]**s are already hyping this incident...
    Rep. Edward Markey (Mass.), a senior Democrat and frequent critic of oil companies, said the new accident is “yet another reminder that our work on oil drilling safety is not complete.”

“This incident raises a number of questions about the nature and adequacy of safety measures on this offshore rig, and I will be asking Black Elk, the Department of Interior and the Coast Guard for full reports on this latest tragedy,” he said in a statement.

Markey said that House Natural Resources Committee staff have received information from the Coast Guard and Interior Department that a fire on the platform is out and crews were responding to victims.

“The fire on the Black Elk Energy rig reportedly occurred when construction crews cut through a line with a torch. The shallow-water platform had shut in all wells before the incident,” Markey said.

“There are conflicting reports about whether there is pollution in the water, and what exactly the source of the pollution is,” said Markey, the committee's top Democrat.

http://mobile.thehill.com/blogs/e2-w...form-explosion
    Ed Markey doesn't know jack schist about oilfield operations or the specifics of this incident. This had nothing to do with drilling or production. Safety is the number one priority in oilfield operations and Congress can't legislate away human error. And the volume of oil spilled is totally constrained by the sheen.

An oil sheen is less than 0.0002 inches thick.

The sheen was reported to be a half-mile long and 200 yards wide.

Sheen dimensions in inches:
    7,200 inches wide.
    31,680 inches long.
    <0.0002 inches thick.

Maximum heen volume = 45,619 cubic inches.
    1 barrel of oil = 9,702 cubic inches of oil.

Maximum spill volume = 4.7 barrels of oil.

The only work Markey and his ilk are interesting in completing is in ending all fossil fuel production.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Sorry, Doc...I'm sure your comments are both interesting and relevant, but I'm under strict orders to ignore you from the forum management.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Sorry, Doc...I'm sure your comments are both interesting and relevant, but I'm under strict orders to ignore you from the forum management.
        So you have no idea what the post actually says?
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Nice in principle but I doubt we could manage it with our current staffing level. I am a member of some online groups with moderated posting but those conversations are absolutely glacial compared to what passes for normal here. I'm here a lot more than usual while my back heals but once I'm back on my feet there won't be anyone to provide the level of effort a pre-sorting system would require. All of the other super's have lives.
          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Imagine how tiring it is to get constant threads 'reported' by the wannabe armchair moderators? Eventually you give in.
            "A common thug can kill someone, but it takes the talents of an intelligence service to make a murder appear to be a suicide or accident death." -- James Angleton, CIA, Chief of Counterintelligence.

Comment

The post you are referring to wasn't particularly political in nature. It was a cut and paste with no discussion. Had you made a specific political statement of your own it probably would have stayed in the politics forum.

There will always be incosistancy. The mods are humans and have lives. They cannot possibly read and debate every thread.
              AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
              The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

That and humans are inconsistent.
                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

MM makes a valid point. But it is a mild irritant and doesn't have a reasonable resolution I don't think.
                  AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                  The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Working...
                  X