X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep Given & the ignore function.

Two small questions if I may

Would it be possible to make rep given visible, similar to rep received?

I often rep post with interesting links or info, it would be an easy way to revisit them.

Second is about the ignore function, that has always puzzled me -

First of all I can't see why you would need a button to ignore someone, unless his posts were repeatedly visually offensive, which no doubt would be against forum rules.

But also do you get notified if someone puts you ignore? for all I know I might be talking to myself here

Is it the emotional equivalent of being defriended on FB?

Just some random wonderings nothing urgent - grtz.
    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

No, it is not possible & No, as far as I know you get no notice if somebody ignores you.

Also, JFAI, the only way you would see somebodies post if you had them on ignore is if somebody quoted them.

Hope that helps & sorry if it don't mate.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

You could subscribe to the threads of interest if you want to revisit olds topics.
      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
      Bukowski

Comment

Well yes I know - it's not all that important, just thought it may have been easy to implement that's all -

Anyone uses the ignore function, just curious?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
          Well yes I know - it's not all that important, just thought it may have been easy to implement that's all -

Who said that?

I run to the 'even a broken clock is right twice a day' theory. Even the strangest and most annoying people have interesting things to say at times. I might miss that if I put people on ignore.
          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Well I tend to agree - I wouldn't use it either, in addition I'm perfectly capable of ignoring someone without a virtual button.

However if it's around, it likely means it's usefull for some people, I'm curious

Comment

Well I tend to agree - I wouldn't use it either, in addition I'm perfectly capable of ignoring someone without a virtual button.

However if it's around, it likely means it's usefull for some people, I'm curious
              I now have two on ignore. My blood pressure is back down. Normally I never have anybody on my list.

I just got tired of hearing how Aunt Emmi's hound dog got fleas.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I have three people on ignore. Two of them I had on ignore before, took them off again, and put them on again. I put people on when I feel I have been personally insulted. I now have the attitude that once I put someone on ignore I will keep them there. It improves my Armchair General experience.

Comment

I have 12 posters on my ignore list. I used to have 20+. All of them are from the 'politics central' board. I screen out the trash. Outside of PC, I have never found any reason to put anybody on the ignore list.

So about half a year ago, I cleared my entire ignore list and started from scratch. Then I added them up again.

Yes, its very useful, because it improves PC a great deal. I'm actually going to update my ignore list and add a few more the next time I visit.

Comment

I would never use an ignore list... nor do I restrict web sites on my computer or channels on my TV.

If I'm currently on an ignore list.... I'd like to know who they are. So stand up and be recognized.
                    My worst jump story:
                    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                    No lie.

~
                    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                      I would never use an ignore list... nor do I restrict web sites on my computer or channels on my TV.

If I'm currently on an ignore list.... I'd like to know who they are. So stand up and be recognized.
                      Not on mine - people get on mine for example for saying I'm antisemitic for criticizing the American Financial System and Wall Street. I won't be intimidated by this.

Comment

Your on mine Shooter! Really.

Your more than tolerable so your going to have to wait.

Comment

antisemitic? So what if you are?

Everybody is anti something and antisemtic is no worse nor better than another. Screw them that thinks it is something special, it isn't.

Comment

I use the ignore function to keep track of rude or insulting members, or known liars and fakers.

I used to just try to remember them, but there are so many scumbags on the Internet that it got to be overwhelming.
                            "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Same, don't have anyone on mine either. I can guarantee I'm probably on some lists myself however...
                              "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X