This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolls of Honor - Warships Campaign 2017-on

This thread is for our Warships Campaign Rolls of Honor.

The Rolls of Honor are created to proudly show the following:
    • Images of the medal ribbons awarded for each Tournament in the Warships Campaign.
    • The names of all members who met or exceeded the minimum level of participation required to earn these ribbons.
    The first of four planned Tournaments for this campaign (T1), has already been completed.
    Therefore, the Roll of Honor for T1 will be posted here some time over the next day or two.
    Successive Rolls of Honor will be added in due course, following completion of the applicable Tournaments.

Special note: Afterwards, I am contemplating the creation of an additional Supreme Roll of Honor or Grand Roll of Honor (or similar; title yet to be decided), with its own separate ribbon.
    Assuming I am able to run all four planned tournaments to successful completion here at ACG, this Roll will include an extra "Special Campaign Ribbon" (yet to be designed). If I am able to go ahead with this, it will show those members who have achieved Roll of Honor status in ALL FOUR Rounds of this Campaign.
    In other words, we still have a separate ribbon for each of the four Tournaments - as originally intended - but these will now be followed by an additional special ribbon for completing the entire Campaign.

I intend to keep this thread closed, so that it shows the successive Rolls of Honor continuously, without interruption.
    Any members who wish to contribute ideas, ask questions or simply discuss any of this will be able to do so in whichever of the other stickied threads is most appropriate.
    Last edited by panther3485; 07 Oct 18, 00:25.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Warships Campaign 2017 - 2018

Roll Of Honor for Tournament 1

Please note: There were two versions of the ribbon for T1:

Version A - Meeting or exceeding the minimum level of participation both in Tournament 1 and the preceding Mini-Polls

Version B - Meeting or exceeding the minimum required level of participation in Tournament 1

Ribbon for T1 - Version A (23 members)

T1 PLUS LARGE.jpg

101combatvet
    Arthwys
    BELGRAVE
    Daemon of Decay
    Dibble201Bty
    Jose50
    lcm1
    Marmat
    Merkava188
    Mountain Man
    Nick the Noodle
    panther3485
    Persephone
    Pirate-Drakk
    Pruitt
    SeaDog48
    slick24
    T. A. Gardner
    Terry Duncan
    the ace
    Tsar
    Vaeltaja
    VieuxChat

Ribbon for T1 - Version B (33 members)

T1 LARGE.jpg

Achtung Baby
    Admiral
    B7B Southern
    Bwaha
    Capt AFB
    CarpeDiem
    Dan M
    Desiree Clary
    dmf01
    drivin-fool
    Emtos
    Frtigern
    G David Bock
    Grognard
    Half Pint John
    jonny87kz
    Khryses
    Lokinar
    LtCol
    MarkV
    Massena
    Michele
    popuptarget
    R. Evans
    Reimnitz
    Roadkiller
    Rojik
    Salinator
    Shogun
    skiplc
    Skoblin
    TacCovert4
    warmoviebuff

Last edited by panther3485; 07 Oct 18, 00:41.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Roll Of Honor for Tournament 2

Please note:
      Unlike T1, there is only one ribbon for each of the following three tournaments in this campaign.
      This is because the Mini-Polls - as a separate set - were a "working up stage" for T1 only; allowing me to test the concept of warships polls to see how many members might potentially be interested in a warships campaign.
      I did post 3 "experimental" polls for T2 but these were for testing purposes only, to enable me to familiarize myself with the layout and format of this "new" ACG.

While we are waiting for T2 to run its course, I thought it might be a good idea to give you guys a preview of the ribbon that's been designed for it.
      Thanks again to Dibble201Bty for his extremely helpful support in the design and production of the first three ribbons for this Campaign. (Fourth ribbon yet to be finalized). I had the basic ideas but it was Paul's know-how and work, as well as some ideas of his own, that made the creation of these ribbons possible.

Here is a preview of the ribbon for T2:

T2 large.jpg

Best to all,
      Paul
      Last edited by panther3485; 31 Dec 18, 02:08.

Comment

Roll Of Honor for Tournament 2

T2 large.jpg

Members Awarded This Ribbon:

101combatvet
        Arthwys
        BELGRAVE
        Jose50
        lcm1
        Marmat
        Merkava188
        Nick the Noodle
        panther3485
        Persephone
        Pruitt

slick24
        Tsar
        Vaeltaja

Best to everyone, and see you all - hopefully more of you still -
        In our next tournament (T3) covering the age of the Ironclads!

Note:

Some additional members joined the tournament prior to closure.
        By the end, no less than 27 had in fact participated.
        However, almost half of these did not vote in enough pairings to earn the ribbon.
        By the deadline that was set, only 14 members had qualified.
        Of those missing out, a very small number had almost enough votes to qualify.
        Please contact me if you believe you are one of those members.
        I shall extend the deadline to 31 January 2019 and advise you on how to proceed.
        It would be nice to see one or two more more names here.

Last edited by panther3485; 31 Dec 18, 02:04.

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post

Some additional members joined the tournament prior to closure.
          By the end, no less than 27 had in fact participated.
          However, almost half of these did not vote in enough pairings to earn the ribbon.
          By the deadline that was set, only 14 members had qualified.
          Of those missing out, a very small number had almost enough votes to qualify.
          Please contact me if you believe you are one of those members.
          I shall extend the deadline to 31 January 2019 and advise you on how to proceed.
          It would be nice to see one or two more more names here.

Notice to all members:

Following discussion with a member of ACG, I have re-opened T2 for an additional month. I intend to close it again no earlier than one month from now, 10 March 2019.
          Those who have already participated in T2 but did not vote in enough pairings to earn the ribbon, now have a chance to "top up" their score and get their names on the Roll of Honor. Those who missed out altogether now also have a chance to remedy the situation.
          Minimum requirement for the T2 ribbon is to vote in 32 out of the 63 pairings.
          Furthermore, anyone participating to the required level in all four tournaments (T1 thru T4) will be eligible for a planned Warships Campaign ribbon as well.

T3 and T4 are being planned for this year. T3 should take place in the first half of 2019, T4 in the second half. There is a lot of work and research involved ... especially the research which commits me to bucket-loads of reading ... so the actual running of these tournaments is likely to be towards the end of each period. That is, around May/June for T3 and probably October/November for T4. (Provided all goes according to plan; and give or take a little in both cases.)

Any questions or concerns, please raise these either in the Next Round/Next Tournament thread or the Questions, Comments & Concerns thread.

Best to all,
          Paul
          Last edited by panther3485; 10 Feb 19, 09:48.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X