Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warships Campaign - Questions, Comments and Concerns

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Yep, unfortunately so.
    At the very least it looks as if all our pre-existing ribbons are lost forever.
    I seem to recall asking if there was any possibility of introducing ribbons for new campaigns etc sometime; but no answer as yet.
    I hope there is some capacity to introduce awards of one kind or another at least, at a future date.
    Call me an optimist.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
      Yep, unfortunately so.
      At the very least it looks as if all our pre-existing ribbons are lost forever.
      I seem to recall asking if there was any possibility of introducing ribbons for new campaigns etc sometime; but no answer as yet.
      I hope there is some capacity to introduce awards of one kind or another at least, at a future date.
      Call me an optimist.
      OK..."you're an optimist".
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

      Comment


      • #93
        Apologies, folks.
        It was my intention to have a mini-poll up this last weekend (16-17 June) but I ended up spending a large part of the weekend helping my wife and brother-in-law do some work at my father-in-law's house.
        The house will be up for sale as soon as we can get it ready.
        That said, I'm pretty sure there'll be enough time to have the mini-poll - with at least one or two pairings - in place by next weekend (23-24 June).
        Of course, this is all assuming that when I go to set up the mini-poll, it all goes smoothly but at this point I see no reason to believe it won't.
        Provided this all works out OK, we should be all clear to kick off the (VERY) long awaited T2 a week or two after that.
        "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

        Comment


        • #94
          ...still hoping that the ribbons can be restored along with awarding new ones for the upcoming campaigns...
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
            ...still hoping that the ribbons can be restored along with awarding new ones for the upcoming campaigns...
            I have to admit I've pretty much given up hope of the old ribbons ever coming back and we have, after all, been firmly advised that they will not.
            Of course, I would be totally delighted and over the moon if they did.
            I do cling to a wish that new ones will be possible at some future date.
            I've also got full records of who got what ribbon in T1; if there is ever the chance to restore those.
            I shall in any case continue to keep full records regardless; ribbons or no ribbons.
            Last edited by panther3485; 18 Jun 18, 09:00.
            "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by panther3485 View Post

              I have to admit I've pretty much given up hope of the old ribbons ever coming back and we have, after all, been firmly advised that they will not.
              Of course, I would be totally delighted and over the moon if they did.
              I do cling to a wish that new ones will be possible at some future date.
              I've also got full records of who got what ribbon in T1; if there is ever the chance to restore those.
              I shall in any case continue to keep full records regardless; ribbons or no ribbons.
              It does take some of the fun and motivation out of the contests, though, even though it's just a little colored tag we had next to our avatars.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                It does take some of the fun and motivation out of the contests, though, even though it's just a little colored tag we had next to our avatars.
                Yep, I know. It does worry me somewhat. Not going to give up, though.
                "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by panther3485 View Post

                  Yep, I know. It does worry me somewhat. Not going to give up, though.
                  Even with out the ribbon, it's interesting to see the input of rating one choice versus another. The next set of rounds sounds interesting and I'll be looking forward to playing. Thanks for the effort.
                  Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
                  TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                  Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                    No more ribbons. No more flags. Some other stuff gone, too.
                    Well that stinks. I like the ribbons who is the idiot that thought this one up?

                    Comment


                    • Guys, I'm guessing most if not all of you are VERY disappointed about ribbons no longer being available.
                      I do very much share that disappointment and I really wish there was something that could be done about it.
                      Not sure if anything ever can be done; but I intend to continue regardless because for me at least, the one thing that would be worse than losing the ribbons would be to give up running tournaments.
                      Therefore, I sincerely hope that not too many of you becomes so discouraged that you no longer participate.
                      For me at least, that would be a much harder hit than the loss of the ribbons themselves.

                      I do have an idea that might help just a little bit, if you guys are OK with it:

                      At the end of this next Tournament, I intend to post an image of the ribbon, together with a list of the forum names of all who have qualified for it.
                      I may even create a special thread just for that purpose; starting with the previous list of all who got the T1 award, together with the image of that ribbon too.
                      I'm thinking of a title for the thread; something along the lines of "Champions Corner" or "Roll of Honor".

                      If you guys are in favor of that idea, alternative suggestions as to what we should call it are invited (if you don't like either of the above).

                      BTW, this weekend I will have finished reviewing all of my image folders and updating/editing some better pictures.
                      Therefore, while I can't say exactly when, I can pretty much guarantee that some time within the next several days I will be posting my first "test" poll (or "mini-poll").
                      The purpose of these initial "mini-polls" will be to make sure I am 100 percent familiar with the revised layout/format of the new ACG; and that all the features I want to use are still accessible.
                      I'm not exactly sure but I'm guessing I might need to post from 2 to 4 matches (pairs of warships) to get sufficient familiarity, probably over the next couple of weeks or so; to become confident enough to launch the tournament proper.

                      ... so, watch this space over the next 2 - 5 days.
                      Last edited by panther3485; 23 Jun 18, 20:52.
                      "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                        Guys, I'm guessing most if not all of you are VERY disappointed about ribbons no longer being available.
                        I do very much share that disappointment and I really wish there was something that could be done about it.
                        Not sure if anything ever can be done; but I intend to continue regardless because for me at least, the one thing that would be worse than losing the ribbons would be to give up running tournaments.
                        Therefore, I sincerely hope that not too many of you becomes so discouraged that you no longer participate.
                        For me at least, that would be a much harder hit than the loss of the ribbons themselves.

                        I do have an idea that might help just a little bit, if you guys are OK with it:

                        At the end of this next Tournament, I intend to post an image of the ribbon, together with a list of the forum names of all who have qualified for it.
                        I may even create a special thread just for that purpose; starting with the previous list of all who got the T1 award, together with the image of that ribbon too.
                        I'm thinking of a title for the thread; something along the lines of "Champions Corner" or "Roll of Honor".

                        If you guys are in favor or that idea, alternative suggestions as to what we should call it are invited (if you don't like either of the above).

                        BTW, this weekend I will have finished reviewing all of my image folders and updating/editing some better pictures.
                        Therefore, while I can't say exactly when, I can pretty much guarantee that some time within the next several days I will be posting my first "test" poll (or "mini-poll").
                        The purpose of these initial "mini-polls" will be to make sure I am 100 percent familiar with the revised layout/format of the new ACG; and that all the features I want to use are still accessible.
                        I'm not exactly sure but I'm guessing I might need to post from 2 to 4 matches (pairs of warships) to get sufficient familiarity, probably over the next couple of weeks or so; to become confident enough to launch the tournament proper.

                        ... so, watch this space over the next 2 - 5 days.
                        Paul, the fun is in the doing, not in the recognition for doing it.

                        images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTNJCkDGkMQJHt3UrpDQZHhkA26A6tYuPWk9HxFlLwArvrbohF.jpg
                        "I am Groot"
                        - Groot

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Marmat View Post

                          Paul, the fun is in the doing, not in the recognition for doing it.

                          images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTNJCkDGkMQJHt3UrpDQZHhkA26A6tYuPWk9HxFlLwArvrbohF.jpg
                          I have similar notions myself but of course, that doesn't take away the disappointment of losing our ribbons, as such.
                          I'm just hoping we don't lose too many participants so hopefully, the majority at least will agree.
                          I also hope we haven't lost too many potential players in the transition from the "old" to the "new" ACG.

                          "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

                          Comment


                          • A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                            Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/n...naparte_108401
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                            Comment


                            • Guys, a couple of days ago I finished adding some extra pics to my folders of warship images, editing all the pictures, etc.
                              I uploaded ALL of them to Photobucket yesterday evening; so they should now be ready to go.

                              I was going to start setting up my first mini-poll pairing here at ACG tonight; but I'll still need to do the write-ups to go with the ships.
                              I was so rat-$hit tired following work today that I decided not to get started until tomorrow evening/night instead.
                              Tomorrow being Friday night, I can stay up late and don't have to worry about getting up early for work.

                              As mentioned before, these pairings are to test everything and make sure the features I need all function properly together.
                              Assuming everything works as I'm hoping, there should be at least a couple of pairings available so anyone who wants to can help by voting in them this coming weekend.
                              (These "test matches" will use some of the same warships that are in the tournament but paired against different opponents.
                              And yes, it WILL be a help so please don't hesitate to have a go if you are even slightly inclined.
                              If I run into minor difficulties or I'm not totally satisfied I may put up a couple more the following weekend as well.)

                              At this stage then, provided all goes well T2 should start no later than the 2nd weekend in July.
                              However, if things go better than expected the 1st weekend in July is now also quite possible.
                              Either way, while the mini-poll is running I'll begin setting up the 32 pairings for T2 in the usual place.


                              Best regards to all of you, and many thanks for your patience all this time.

                              Paul
                              Last edited by panther3485; 28 Jun 18, 10:55.
                              "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                                Guys, a couple of days ago I finished adding some extra pics to my folders of warship images, editing all the pictures, etc.
                                I uploaded ALL of them to Photobucket yesterday evening; so they should now be ready to go.

                                I was going to start setting up my first mini-poll pairing here at ACG tonight; but I'll still need to do the write-ups to go with the ships.
                                I was so rat-$hit tired following work today that I decided not to get started until tomorrow evening/night instead.
                                Tomorrow being Friday night, I can stay up late and don't have to worry about getting up early for work.

                                As mentioned before, these pairings are to test everything and make sure the features I need all function properly together.
                                Assuming everything works as I'm hoping, there should be at least a couple of pairings available so anyone who wants to can help by voting in them this coming weekend.
                                (These "test matches" will use some of the same warships that are in the tournament but paired against different opponents.
                                And yes, it WILL be a help so please don't hesitate to have a go if you are even slightly inclined.
                                If I run into minor difficulties or I'm not totally satisfied I may put up a couple more the following weekend as well.)

                                At this stage then, provided all goes well T2 should start no later than the 2nd weekend in July.
                                However, if things go better than expected the 1st weekend in July is now also quite possible.
                                Either way, while the mini-poll is running I'll begin setting up the 32 pairings for T2 in the usual place.


                                Best regards to all of you, and many thanks for your patience all this time.

                                Paul
                                Appreciate all of your hard work.
                                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X