Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warships Campaign - Questions, Comments and Concerns

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Thanks for the update Paul.
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

    Comment


    • #77
      Thanks for the hard work Paul

      Looking forward to it

      “Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

      The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
        Thanks for the update Paul.
        Originally posted by slick24 View Post
        Thanks for the hard work Paul

        Looking forward to it
        No problem and thanks for the encouragement, my friends.
        Having such a prolonged preparation period has become a real frustration.
        I doubt that anyone will be happier than I am, when T2 finally gets going.

        (But in the background, I'll probably begin preparations for T3 not long after T2 begins. )
        "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

        Comment


        • #79
          OK guys, just discovered the "new look" ACG. I'm traveling for work at the moment but when I get home, I'll check it out properly.
          I'm somewhere around 3/4 of the way through my picture folders and have been improving the pics wherever I can and whenever I can.
          Just so everyone is aware of the circumstances, beside traveling for my work there has also been a death in the family with my Father-in-Law passing away only yesterday.
          However, I was in any case already thinking in terms of a week or two, give or take a bit, following the forum upgrade before I would be ready to launch.
          I don't think the extra things I'll need to attend to would be likely to add much more than about one more week.
          On that basis, and assuming I can find my way through the "new look" ACG to get everything done, I estimate a launch some time in mid June.
          Apologies for the continual delays.
          Last edited by panther3485; 24 May 18, 04:22. Reason: Adding apology
          "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

          Comment


          • #80
            Sorry to hear about the death in the family. Take the time you need.

            “Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

            The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

            Comment


            • #81
              This "new look" ....don't like it....seems like we'll have no need to design a new campaign ribbon. (consider a 'thumbs down' smiley interjected here...)
              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
              IN MARE IN COELO

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                This "new look" ....don't like it....seems like we'll have no need to design a new campaign ribbon. (consider a 'thumbs down' smiley interjected here...)

                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                Comment


                • #83
                  Yes guys, I put the question to Ashley regarding whether or not the inability to have ribbons will be permanent.
                  It would be nice if we could start fresh with new ribbons even if the old ones can never be recovered.
                  I haven't received a reply yet but hopefully, Ashley and whoever else is involved might be thinking about it?
                  I intend to go ahead anyway and run Tournament 2 of our Warships Campaign, starting some time in June.
                  With or without a ribbon.
                  This is assuming of course that the new format will allow me to construct a series of polls of the type required.
                  If we can't have a ribbon, I hope this doesn't mean we'll lose too many participants.
                  Last edited by panther3485; 26 May 18, 11:09. Reason: Adding a bit more explanation
                  "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                    (Thanks for the assist MM)

                    Paul, you know that we all appreciate the time and effort required to create and run a show the likes of the Warships Campaign. It's really too bad that this new format won't allow ribbons to be displayed. A lot of us here (especially the actual service veterans) enjoyed the "fruit salad" and really cared that we were able to strut out the "I was there" displays. That said, I'm sure that you won't lack for participants in the new T2 nor its' progeny. (Still wish we'd get a ribbon though...)
                    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                    IN MARE IN COELO

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Jose50 View Post

                      (Thanks for the assist MM)

                      Paul, you know that we all appreciate the time and effort required to create and run a show the likes of the Warships Campaign. It's really too bad that this new format won't allow ribbons to be displayed. A lot of us here (especially the actual service veterans) enjoyed the "fruit salad" and really cared that we were able to strut out the "I was there" displays. That said, I'm sure that you won't lack for participants in the new T2 nor its' progeny. (Still wish we'd get a ribbon though...)
                      Thanks. I hope the majority of members share that view.
                      "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        OK, I've got to the point where I should be able to kick something off within the next 5 - 12 days.
                        I'm thinking, the weekends 9-10 and/or 16-17 June.
                        However, this new forum layout/format is different enough that I need to test everything to see what I cannot do and can do.
                        In the case of the latter (the "can do's"), I want to become familiar enough with every feature to construct all 32 polls for Round 1 of T2 and launch the tournament proper, with confidence that all will go smoothly.
                        What I am therefore proposing to do is to test the new system first, by putting up a small number of mini-polls; much as I did prior to T1.
                        I'm thinking perhaps 2 mini-polls, followed possibly by another 2, should give me enough familiarity and confidence to do the full launch.
                        Assuming all goes well and no further practice/testing is required beyond the above dates, I would reserve the weekend 23-34 June for the full launch of T2.
                        Hopefully, I won't run into any significant or intractable issues during the tests but if I do, I'll ask for help before the main launch.

                        (said he, smiling hopefully)
                        Last edited by panther3485; 06 Jun 18, 11:24.
                        "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                          OK, I've got to the point where I should be able to kick something off within the next 5 - 12 days.
                          I'm thinking, the weekends 9-10 and/or 16-17 June.
                          However, this new forum layout/format is different enough that I need to test everything to see what I cannot do and can do.
                          In the case of the latter (the "can do's"), I want to become familiar enough with every feature to construct all 32 polls for Round 1 of T2 and launch the tournament proper, with confidence that all will go smoothly.
                          What I am therefore proposing to do is to test the new system first, by putting up a small number of mini-polls; much as I did prior to T1.
                          I'm thinking perhaps 2 mini-polls, followed possibly by another 2, should give me enough familiarity and confidence to do the full launch.
                          Assuming all goes well and no further practice/testing is required beyond the above dates, I would reserve the weekend 23-34 June for the full launch of T2.
                          Hopefully, I won't run into any significant or intractable issues during the tests but if I do, I'll ask for help before the main launch.

                          (said he, smiling hopefully)
                          Paul, have you confirmed how many characters, lines, pictures etc. you can include in 1 post? The reason I ask is I recently attempted to post a narrative that would have fit in the old format, but it locked up this bugger! I was left with the impression that volume is much more limited with this layout(?)
                          "I am Groot"
                          - Groot

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Marmat View Post

                            Paul, have you confirmed how many characters, lines, pictures etc. you can include in 1 post? The reason I ask is I recently attempted to post a narrative that would have fit in the old format, but it locked up this bugger! I was left with the impression that volume is much more limited with this layout(?)
                            OK, thanks for the heads-up I've already begun thinking about the information and text for of the warship types.
                            From what you say, I may have to seriously shorten the amount of words for each one (compared to T1)?
                            Not sure what the restrictions on the number of images per candidate will be, either.
                            I guess I'll just have to try different combinations to see what works and what doesn't.
                            "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              I have noticed some changes to this website. What happened to the ribbons from the previous campaigns?

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Merkava188 View Post
                                I have noticed some changes to this website. What happened to the ribbons from the previous campaigns?
                                No more ribbons. No more flags. Some other stuff gone, too.
                                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X