X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
    Well come on then, no more feeble excuses ! lcm1
    If I didn't know better, I'd be checking the calendar right now.

Anyway, on a more serious note:
    I'm presently in the process of gathering information & pictures.
    Got about 45 warship types under consideration right now, today, for a contest of 32.
    (Doubt that I'll have enough for a contest of 64.)
    The period to be covered in T2 is 1601 to 1850 (approx.).
    However, it seems every 2nd or 3rd time I read up on a type of ship, another one comes to my attention and I start reading up on that!
    Then, in some cases, I come to the conclusion that it's too similar to a type I've already got.
    Also, it's not a bad idea to read up on the actual wars these ships took part in, which helps with understanding how they worked.

Being ready by the first weekend of December (if I'm lucky) IS little more than a guess.

In the meantime, members may be pleased to know I've been getting highly capable assistance from "the other Paul" (Dibble201Bty), to design ribbon awards for this campaign.
    With his very considerable support and know-how, we have settled on pleasing ribbon designs for T2 & T3 (the 2nd and 3rd Tournaments).
    The ribbon for the recently concluded T1 looks as if it's very close to finalization also.

My written thanks and considerable gratitude to Paul, for helping me with this.
    Last edited by panther3485; 12 Nov 17, 02:44.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
      If I didn't know better, I'd be checking the calendar right now.

Anyway, on a more serious note:
      I'm presently in the process of gathering information & pictures.
      Got about 45 warship types under consideration right now, today, for a contest of 32.
      (Doubt that I'll have enough for a contest of 64.)
      The period to be covered in T2 is 1601 to 1850 (approx.).
      However, it seems every 2nd or 3rd time I read up on a type of ship, another one comes to my attention and I start reading up on that!
      Then, in some cases, I come to the conclusion that it's too similar to a type I've already got.
      Also, it's not a bad idea to read up on the actual wars these ships took part in, which helps with understanding how they worked.

Being ready by the first weekend of December (if I'm lucky) IS little more than a guess.

In the meantime, members may be pleased to know I've been getting highly capable assistance from "the other Paul" (Dibble201Bty), to design ribbon awards for this campaign.
      With his very considerable support and know-how, we have settled on pleasing ribbon designs for T2 & T3 (the 2nd and 3rd Tournaments).
      The ribbon for the recently concluded T1 looks as if it's very close to finalization also.

My written thanks and considerable gratitude to Paul, for helping me with this.
      Seriously this time Paul, Good on Yer, you're going Great! and a cheers to Dib. lcm1
      'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
      " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Outstanding work, Panther!
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Thanks, folks.

Good progress has been made with ribbon design, thanks to Dibble201Bty (Paul - thanks mate! ) and today, all of them became fully ready for upload to ACG.
          I say, "all of them" because we've finalized the designs not only for T1 (the first tournament recently completed) but also for the next two; T2 and T3.
          The next steps are to upload them, set them up in the appropriate awards folder and then make the awards for T1.

Following previous campaigns, somebody else at ACG took care of the uploading and preparation for award.
          All I did was make the awards after all that was done for me.
          This time, I am learning the process myself and expect to have it done sometime over the next 2 - 3 days (sorry folks but I've got a lot on beside my ACG activities).
          Awarding of the actual ribbons can commence after that; so it shouldn't be too much longer now.

Best to all,
          Paul
          "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Your efforts are much appreciated!
            "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Apparently I must spread some rep before giving any more to Panther.
              "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Ribbon progress

First of all, I'm happy to say that all the ribbons mentioned in my previous (below quoted) post were successfully uploaded to ACG.
                Second, since then I've been carefully reviewing Tournament 1 of our Warships Campaign, to determine which members should receive a ribbon.
                Third, I have also closely scrutinized the voting records for the Warships Mini-Polls.
                As you guys already know, members with substantial participation in both the Mini-Polls and T1 will be eligible for the "bar" version of the T1 ribbon.

While checking all this I was reminded just how many members participated fully (or, at least, very substantially) in the Mini-Polls;
                but - for whatever reason - not so much in T1 itself.
                As there was no ribbon intended purely for the Mini-Polls, this means that if I stuck strictly to my original plan, those members would not receive any ribbon at all.
                My thinking now, upon further reflection, is that this outcome would really be quite unfair because it was the very success of the Mini-Polls
                that encouraged and motivated me to undertake the Warships Campaign at all.

I therefore propose to proceed along the following lines:

1. Members with a substantial level of participation in either T1 or the Mini-polls (but not enough in both) will receive the standard ribbon.

2. Members with substantial levels of participation in both the Mini-Polls and T1 will receive the "bar" version of the ribbon.

I am soon about to head off to work (early morning here) but this evening after I get home, I expect to finish counting everyone's votes.
                From this, it will be determined who is getting exactly what version of the T1 ribbon.
                After that, it shouldn't be too long before the awards are made.
                Will keep everyone posted.

Best to all,
                Paul

Thanks, folks.

Good progress has been made with ribbon design, thanks to Dibble201Bty (Paul - thanks mate! ) and today, all of them became fully ready for upload to ACG.
                I say, "all of them" because we've finalized the designs not only for T1 (the first tournament recently completed) but also for the next two; T2 and T3.
                The next steps are to upload them, set them up in the appropriate awards folder and then make the awards for T1.

Following previous campaigns, somebody else at ACG took care of the uploading and preparation for award.
                All I did was make the awards after all that was done for me.
                This time, I am learning the process myself and expect to have it done sometime over the next 2 - 3 days (sorry folks but I've got a lot on beside my ACG activities).
                Awarding of the actual ribbons can commence after that; so it shouldn't be too much longer now.

Best to all,
                Paul
                Last edited by panther3485; 21 Nov 17, 22:52.

Comment

Warships Campaign, Tournament 1 - Award Eligibility

Hi everyone,

In the following post, I'll provide two lists.
                  The first list will show which members are deemed eligible for the standard T1 ribbon.
                  The second list will show which members are deemed eligible for the T1 + Bar.

Before looking at these lists in the next post, please take careful note of the information in this post.
                  It shows the criteria that are being applied for each variant of the award.

To be eligible for the standard T1 ribbon

Members must, as a minimum, have completed any one of the following three items:
                  1. Voted in at least 10 polls across all 5 rounds of the main tournament (T1)
                  2. Voted in at least 15 polls, anywhere in the main tournament
                  3. Voted in at least 4 out of the 6 Mini-Polls (these were running prior to T1)

To be eligible for the T1 + Bar ribbon

Members must, as a minimum, have completed both of the following:

• Item #3 from the above list AND
                  • Either item #1 or item #2 from the above list

Please ask for clarification if required; or if you have questions or concerns about your particular situation.
                  (This can be by PM if you prefer. )

APPEALS

If you have narrowly missed being able to meet the requirements for a ribbon and you feel that you have GENUINE mitigating circumstances, please PM me.
                  As with previous tournaments, each case will be carefully considered on its merits. Your specific circumstances will be discussed with other staff and a ruling made.
                  There is no guarantee that your particular situation will be deemed sufficient grounds to accept your appeal.
                  However, each case will be considered carefully on its merits, as presented, and the Staff decision will be final.
                  Last edited by panther3485; 22 Nov 17, 22:57.

Comment

Warships Campaign, Tournament 1 - Awards to be made

Please see below, lists of members to receive the T1 and T1 + Bar Ribbons
                    (Total - 56 awards)

T1 Ribbon (33 awards)

Achtung Baby
                    Admiral
                    B7B Southern
                    Bwaha
                    Capt AFB
                    CarpeDiem
                    Dan M
                    Desiree Clary
                    dmf01
                    drivin-fool
                    Emtos
                    Frtigern
                    G David Bock
                    Grognard
                    Half Pint John
                    jonny87kz
                    Khryses
                    Lokinar
                    LtCol
                    MarkV
                    Massena
                    Michele
                    popuptarget
                    R. Evans
                    Reimnitz
                    Roadkiller
                    Rojik
                    Salinator
                    Shogun
                    skiplc
                    Skoblin
                    TacCovert4
                    Warmoviebuff

T1 Ribbon + Bar (23 awards)

101combatvet
                    Arthwys
                    BELGRAVE
                    Daemon of Decay
                    Dibble201Bty
                    Jose50
                    lcm1
                    Marmat
                    Merkava188
                    Mountain Man
                    Nick the Noodle
                    panther3485
                    Persephone
                    Pirate-Drakk
                    Pruitt
                    SeaDog48
                    slick24
                    T. A. Gardner
                    Terry Duncan
                    the ace
                    Tsar
                    Vaeltaja
                    VieuxChat

As mentioned in the previous post, any questions or concerns please post here or contact me by PM

Best regards to all,
                    panther3485
                    Last edited by panther3485; 22 Nov 17, 19:24.

Comment

Mini-Polls joining this main campaign

In the meantime, guys, I have moved the Mini-Polls and their principal discussion thread into the main campaign folder.
                      This follows logically, given the inclusion of the Mini-Polls as part of the criteria in the awards for the first tournament (T1).
                      It also keeps everything in the one place, which is better if we want to refer back to the beginnings of this whole thing.

Comment

Great ribbon, Panther!
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Thanks.
                          The basic idea was mine but it was the good work of the other Paul, Dibble201Bty, that turned my ideas into reality.
                          Thanks to Dibble too, for his good work!

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Great ribbon, Panther!

Comment

Hey I am a Paul too.

Thanks for the hard work. It is appreciated.

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
                              Hey I am a Paul too.

Thanks for the hard work. It is appreciated.
                              Thanks.

Three Pauls, eh?
                              Any more and it could start to get confusing!

Comment

Thank you for the ribbon for tournament1. Will there be one for tournament 2?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X