X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
    thanks for the hard work
    Thanks, my pleasure.

I like running these tournaments anyway but I like it a whole lot more when folks look as if they are enjoying them.
    Of course, as we can see the number of participants is way down since we got the "new ACG" format.
    So far, I think it's only about 25-30 percent of the members who were with me for T1.
    Nevertheless, that's still enough participants to make it feel worthwhile for my efforts.

Also, with any luck, the numbers may pick up a little more as we go along.
    (Color me optimistic.)
    Last edited by panther3485; 27 Oct 18, 21:44.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Warships campaign: Schedule for the remainder of T2

Round 2 will close next weekend (3-4 Nov), having been open for 2 weeks.
      The proposed schedule for the remaining rounds is as follows:
      • Round 3 - weekend 3-4 Nov through 17-18 Nov (2 weeks)
      • Round 4 - 17-18 Nov through 1-2 Dec (2 weeks)
      • Round 5 (semi-final) - 1-2 Dec through 8-9 Dec (1 week)
      • Round 6 (final) - 8-9 Dec through 15-16 Dec (1 week)

"England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

lcm1
        'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
        " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Round 2 is now closed and Round 3 opened.
          Round 3 is due to close 2 weeks from now (Sunday 18 Nov).
          Remainder of schedule as follows:
          • Round 4 - 18 Nov through 2 Dec (2 weeks)
          • Round 5 (Semi-final) - 2 Dec through 9 Dec (1 week)
          • Round 6 (Final) - 9 Dec through 16 Dec (1 week)

Comment

Quarter-Final Now Open!

OK guys, Round 4 - our Quarter-Final - is now open.

Note: This will be the last round with a 2-week duration.
            The Semi-Final and the Final will each run for one week only!
            Please enjoy!

For any latecomers:
            If you wish to join in but are perhaps discouraged because you have missed the previous Rounds, please message me and I can suggest a good solution.

Comment

Pity the Rep system is gone. Best OP input of any contest to date imho.
              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                Pity the Rep system is gone. Best OP input of any contest to date imho.
                Thanks Nick.

Rep was nice when we had it but feedback from the members who participated in these tournaments has always been one of the two truly great rewards from my point of view.

The other significant reward for me is the learning journey this takes me on.
                I've already started my research in preparation for T3, which I'm planning to launch in 2019.
                This will take us into the era of the ironclads.

Best regards,
                Paul

Comment

thanks Paul

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
                    thanks for the hard work
                    Cheers, much appreciated.

Comment

Semi-Final Now Open!

OK guys, the Quarter-Final is closed and Round 5 - our Semi-Final - is now open.

Note: This Semi-Final and the Final will each run for one week only!
                      Please enjoy!

Note to all participating members:
                      It was my intention to change some of the images, titles and caption content for ALL candidates over the last three rounds.
                      However, I found that my store of images was not going to allow me to treat all candidates equally. I had good quality substitute images for some candidates but not enough (either in quantity or quality) for some others.
                      Not wishing to give what might be considered "favor" to some but not others (by refreshing content unevenly), I have decided to leave them all unchanged thru to the Final.

For any latecomers:
                      If you wish to join in but are perhaps discouraged because you have missed the previous Rounds, please message me. I have a good solution that is not unfair to other participants!
                      Last edited by panther3485; 02 Dec 18, 03:42.

Comment

REMINDER:

Round 5, the Semi-Final, runs for one week only, ending this weekend 8-9 December.
                        The Final will commence the same weekend and also runs for one week only.

Best to all,
                        Paul

Comment

T2 (Warships from the Age of Sail) FINAL Now Open!

OK guys, the Semi-Final is closed and Round 6 - our FINAL - is now open.

Note: As mentioned previously, this Final will run for one week only!
                          That means a complete finish on the weekend 15-16 December 2018.
                          Please enjoy while you can!

To all participating members:
                          It was my intention to change some of the images, titles and caption content for ALL candidates over the last four rounds.
                          However, I found that my store of images was not going to allow me to treat all candidates equally. I had good quality substitute images for some candidates but not enough - either in quantity or quality - for others. Not wishing to give what might be considered "favor" (by refreshing content unevenly), I decided to leave them all unchanged to the end of this tournament.

For any latecomers:
                          If you wish to join in but are perhaps discouraged because you have missed some or all of the previous Rounds, please message me.
                          I have a solution on hand that may be OK for you and will place your name on the Roll of Honor, without being unfair to anyone else!
                          Last edited by panther3485; 09 Dec 18, 08:54.

Comment

Reminder for all participating members:

Round 6 - the Final for this tournament - will close on the weekend 15-16 December 2018.
                            Given that my time zone in Australia is some hours ahead of Britain/Western Europe and best part of a whole day ahead of our American members, I will effect the closure at about 11:30 am on the morning of Monday 17 Dec, my time.

Note:

Regarding eligibility for the Roll of Honor, not all participants have voted in enough pairings to qualify.
                            Please see the Questions, Comments and Concerns thread for important information on this, as well as some preliminary numbers regarding participation and the future of these Warships Tournaments.

Last edited by panther3485; Today, 02:34.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X