This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adolphus vs. Manstein (FINAL Round!)

Here are some basic facts for each player to help you in your voting (From Wikipedia):

Gustavus Adolphus

As a general, Gustav Adolf is famous for employing mobile artillery on the battlefield, as well as very aggressive tactics, where attack was stressed over defense and mobility emphasized over the usual linear tactics. His musketeers were widely known for their shooting accuracy and reload speed, three times faster than any contemporary rivals. Carl von Clausewitz and Napoleon Bonaparte considered him one of the greatest generals of all time. He was famed for consistency of purpose, and amity with his troops.

Manstein

Erich von Manstein (November 24, 1887–June 10, 1973) served the German military as a lifelong professional soldier. He became one of the most prominent commanders of Nazi Germany's armed forces (Wehrmacht). During World War II he attained the rank of Field Marshal (Generalfeldmarschall).

He was the initiator and one of the planners of the Ardennes-offensive alternative in the invasion of France in 1940. He received acclaim from the Nazi-German leadership for the victorious battles of Perekop Isthmus, Kerch, Sevastopol and Kharkov. He commanded the failed relief effort at Stalingrad and the Cherkassy pocket evacuation. He was dismissed from service by Adolf Hitler in March 1944, due to his frequent clashes with Hitler over military strategy.
    Adolphus
    63.33%
    Manstein
    36.67%

The poll is expired.

The polls are open for ten days! Feel free to debate before you vote!

Comment

CyberRanger, the poll let's you choose both of them. I just tried it to see if I worked and it did.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cooler King View Post
        CyberRanger, the poll let's you choose both of them. I just tried it to see if I worked and it did.
        hehe ... a little twist! If you can't decide, vote for both! Of course, what will you friends and neighbors think if you are that indecisive.

Not really! Fixed so you can only vote for one. :-)

Comment

Given the choice betwixt these two one has to go with Gustavus. As mentioned previously in other rounds,...Manstein was only a bit player and his impact quite limited in comparison.
          The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

Adolphus.
            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
            Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Much as I love WW2, which is where I spend the most time, I have to give my vote to The Lion of the North.
              He was a master in the art of warfare and one wonders what the outcome of the war would have been if he had survived the battle of Lutzen.
              Besides what other general has a cheesecake named after him????
              As a sidenote I predicted he would win the crown.

Comment

voted for Adolphus.
                Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by mike brown View Post
                  voted for Adolphus.
                  ditto.
                  "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Adolphus get's my vote...
                    But I must be honest...it's because I know little of Manstein !!!!

Greets,
                    Stratego
                    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Did I vote in the last round and if I didn't am I not getting the campaign ribbon?

Umm next time can you notify most people about each round please
                      http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

All are invited to actively participate from the beginning.

That would suggest that one pays a bit of attention, mate.

Not only was there sufficient reason for BB to not have been able to vote in all rounds... but his very participation in these events has extended to making the campaign ribbons in most cases.

Adolphus for the win!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

I did'nt know that Manstein was the "Father" of the Sturmgeschütz

Check this site for more info on Manstein
                          http://www.battlefield-travel.com/si..._von_manstein/
                          When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
                          Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I'm going to go with Adolphus.
                            History of War Podcast

Episode 1: Why Study Military History?

Comment

Adolphus for me as well.
                              The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X