No announcement yet.

Adolphus vs. Wellington (Round 4)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to say Adolphus. He was a great contributer to the evolution of warfare.

Wellington won Waterloo only because the Prussians showed up and forced Napoleon to devide his army.
    History of War Podcast

Episode 1: Why Study Military History?

Comment

I see Blucher's revenge taking its toll here and there

We still love Wellington though, just not as much as his countrymen.

Comment

Wellington was certainly great, but Adolphus was the innovator and contributed more to the art of warfare. My vote is for Swedish legendly commander.
        Kampfgruppe Vice Kommandir
        http://www.kampfgruppe.us

Comment

Adolphus
          "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

This one is easy
            Gustav Adolf the Great.....The Lion of the North...."Father of Modern Warfare"

I wonder if they'll find a worthy opponent to meet this guy in the finale.
            When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
            Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Is it still too late or can I vote Adolphus? Much as I love the Dook...
              Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
              (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X