• Show
Clear All

• Iron Brigade
    replied
    I'll say Adolphus.

Leave a comment:

• Sweeney
    replied
    Adolphus has got my vote because of the impact he had on western military science and developement. His field artillery just kicked ass!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    When considering the great captains of history, Napoleon put Adolphus in the list right after the greats of ancient times. It's a no-brainer here.

Leave a comment:

• vicfirth311
    replied
    Adolphus for me, he invented tactics that would be used by military powers until WW I

Leave a comment:

• KGPanzerschrecK
    replied
    I voted for Saladin in the last two rounds because he was the better general. This round im voting for Adolphus because i feel he is a better general than Saladin. It has nothing to do with race or skin color or the current war in Iraq.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
    This is the toughest one of the round for me and both sides make some compelling arguments. In the end, Saladin's ability to get different tribes to work together was the tie breaker. I think about everything going on in Iraq right now and anyone that can get different tribes on the same page gets my vote!
    Saladin got different tribes to unite because he was a conquerer of many tribes. Gustavus got different States to work together because of his victories against the common enemy.

Leave a comment:

• Biscuit
    replied
    This is the toughest one of the round for me and both sides make some compelling arguments. In the end, Saladin's ability to get different tribes to work together was the tie breaker. I think about everything going on in Iraq right now and anyone that can get different tribes on the same page gets my vote!

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    Finally...Saladin is getting his butt kicked...it's about time!
    Adolphus for me !
    Saladin should'eve never gotten this far in the first place !...

Greets,
    Stratego

Leave a comment:

• Col. Dyess
    replied
    Have Sword, Will Travel!!!

Leave a comment:

• RapierFighter
    replied
    Saladin:

Hey, it rhymes with Paladin.

Leave a comment:

• Daemon of Decay
    replied
    I still think Saladin should win, but I have no hard feelings if he looses to a worthy adversary like Adolphus.

Just saying.

I KILL YOU ALL! I'LL KILL YOUR DOGS! AAAAAAAAAH!

Leave a comment:

• Shogun 144
    replied
    Okay........

Adolphus all the way for this one. Salah ad-Din had his accomplishments, and he should be properly credited for them. But Gustavus II Adolphus is sooo far above him. Adolphus, I would go so far to say, was probably the best commander of his time. We, today, have much to thank the Lion of the North for. His victories in the 30 Years War ensured that the Catholics would never again be able to try to reverse what Luther and Calvin started. And his military innovations laid the foundations for modern warfare.

Leave a comment:

• Cap. Teancum
    replied
    Common guys there's still time to correct this wrong doing on Saladin.
    I recon Adolphus was a great commander but Saladin's qualities should garantee him victory on this one.
    It was no easy task to command so many diferent tribes and keep the Holy Land from the constant assaults of some of Europe's finest forces. Saladin was cunning and he knew when to be mercyfull and when to be roughtless in order to conquer everyone's respect, enemies included.

Leave a comment:

• Centrix Vigilis
    replied
    ouch and i brought my avatar back for this.......

obviously an FPF for the 'Rose of Islam'

Leave a comment:

• Redleg155
    replied
    I actually picked these two to get this far... the only battle my simple mind was able to pick right...

I orignially picked Saladin to win this one - and I'm having second thoughts... it's so close that I'm going to flip a coin... Saladin wins...

I do have one Saladin quote to share... "ALALALALALALALALALALALALALA"

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X