Saladin vs. Adolphus (Round 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    This is a no brainer - Gustavus wins as the best general of the world's most horrific war, defeating opponents of certifiable worth, and saving the world from another age of darkness.

Leave a comment:

• Pergite
    replied
    Go Home team!!!

Leave a comment:

• Daemon of Decay
    replied
    Originally posted by General Staff View Post
    I'm voting out of spite and pique for Adolphus purely on the basis that Saladin beat Cromwell last round...
    If Saladin looses, I'm just going to call all of you racist.

Shut up DoD. You damn Polak.

Leave a comment:

• General Staff
    replied
    I'm voting out of spite and pique for Adolphus purely on the basis that Saladin beat Cromwell last round...

Leave a comment:

• Daemon of Decay
    replied
    Saladin, all the way.

He's our man, dangit!

Leave a comment:

• R. Evans
    replied
    I can't believe the overrated Saladin made it this far. Adolphus for me.

Leave a comment:

• Post Captain
    replied
    voted for adolphus.

Leave a comment:

• Boonierat
    replied
    Adolphus hands down.

Leave a comment:

• Centrix Vigilis
    replied
    extremely tough one for me as i admire both extensively; yet will go for the Great King of Sweden, because of the impact he had on western military science and developement, that would be emulated by the masters who followed him in Europe.

Leave a comment:

• Siberian HEAT
    started a poll Saladin vs. Adolphus (Round 3)

Saladin vs. Adolphus (Round 3)

Saladin
    36.73%
    Adolphus
    63.27%

The poll is expired.

Here are some basic facts for each player to help you in your voting (From Wikipedia):

Saladin

Salahuddin Al-Ayyubi known also as Saladin or Salah al-Din Yusuf (c. 1138 - March 4, 1193), Sultan of Egypt and Syria, was a 12th-century Kurdish[1][2][3] Muslim general and warrior from Tikrit, in present day northern Iraq. He founded the Ayyubid dynasty of Egypt, Syria, Yemen (except for the Northern Mountains), Mesopotamia, Mecca, Hejaz and Diyar Bakr. Although he is known worldwide as Saladin, his given name was Yusuf--an Arabic equivalent to the English name "Joseph."[4]

Gustavus Adolphus

As a general, Gustav Adolf is famous for employing mobile artillery on the battlefield, as well as very aggressive tactics, where attack was stressed over defense and mobility emphasized over the usual linear tactics. His musketeers were widely known for their shooting accuracy and reload speed, three times faster than any contemporary rivals. Carl von Clausewitz and Napoleon Bonaparte considered him one of the greatest generals of all time. He was famed for consistency of purpose, and amity with his troops.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X