X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Campaign Q & A

To help everyone along;

Q. Do I need to do anything to sign up for this tournament?
    A. No. Just wait until voting begins, and vote! Voting will begin on June 22, 2007.

Q. What do I need to do to get a ribbon?
    A. Vote in ALL 5 rounds of the tournament.

Q. I'm going on vacation and will miss a round/s of the tournament. Can I still get a ribbon?
    A. PM me with your circumstances. This is all for fun so there shouldn't be a problem.

Q. Will I get an extra ribbon if I submit a bracket?
    A. No, if you end up winning the bracket tournament, you will get the same ribbon as everyone who votes, but it will have a "V" device to indicate your achievement. You must still vote in all rounds, even if you sumbit a bracket. You cannot win the bracket pool without also voting.

Q. How do I fill out a bracket?
    A. See this thread for starters, or this thread for example. Simple cut and paste your selection into a Private Message and send it to Siberian HEAT (or any admin). We look at each bracket page to make sure it is correct, so if you don't hear back from us it means yours is correct!

Q. When do I turn in my bracket?

A. All brackets must be completely filled out for all rounds BEFORE voting begins. That means if you want to submit a bracket it must be in before we turn on voting, which will be sometime early on June 23 (this Friday).

Q. Must I turn in a bracket?
    A. No. It is simply value-added fun.

Q. How will you keep track of all these brackets being sent to you?
    A. Scoring will be much like Bingo. We will conduct the tournament normally, while those playing the brackets will be responsible for keeping their own score. At the end will will ask everyone who played a bracket to post their score. The highest score posted will win. We will consult the original form submitted, but we won't be comparing it to all other brackets submitted. Just like bingo, if you miss your opportunity, you pass on victory! We simply lack the resources to do this any other way.

Q. How does scoring work when picking winners for the brackets?
    A. *1 pt for each correct pick in Round 1
    *2 pts for each correct pick in Round 2
    *3 pts for each correct pick in Round 3
    *4 pts for each correct pick in Round 4
    *5 pts for each correct pick in Round 5
    *6 pts for the correct Champion

Q. Your brackets are complicated. Can I send my own?
    A. Yes. This is the same as any 32 team sports bracket tournament (single elimination). As long as it lists 5 rounds of winners it will be OK.

Q. Is there a main page for the Summer Campaign?
    A. Here.

Q. Will the Gods of War be used in this tournament?
    A. No. Since some people will be choosing winners ahead of time, we opted to sit out the Gods of War for this tournament. Luck will not play a factor in this campaign!
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Okay. Thanks for the info. I'll stop bugging you with inane questions now.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

I turned in a bracket by PM yesterday, but I don't see my name listed. Will you be updating the thread that lists the names of people who turned in bracket choices?
      I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM View Post
        I turned in a bracket by PM yesterday, but I don't see my name listed. Will you be updating the thread that lists the names of people who turned in bracket choices?
        Sorry, you are good to go. Just forgot to add you to the list.

Comment

Thanks!
          I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

How long are each bracket gonna be open for voting and is everyone getting PM's to notify about the new round?
            As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
            Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

And what happens in the event of a tie between generals????

Comment

Originally posted by dhuffjr View Post
                How long are each bracket gonna be open for voting and is everyone getting PM's to notify about the new round?
                I have the same, similar question - how long will each round be open... just in case I can't vote on the day it opens?!?
                CPT T
                Field Artillery
                BDE S3 - Peacemaker 3 - OIF 09
                FSO - 1BCT, 3ID - OIF III

"Loved or Hated... Never Ignored... COLT sticks it deep!"

Comment

Say, how long are these rounds, anyway? Is it a fixed length of time, or just until "___ days with zero votes"?
                  "I am not an atomic playboy."
                  Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Right now, I'm thinking it will stay open until just before July 4. About 10 days for each round. A couple extra days for this first round since there are more guys in it...

Comment

Round 1 of the Summer Campaign is now concluded.

All polls are now closed.

Round 2 will begin in a couple days.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

To whomever is responsible for putting together these tournaments:

GREAT JOB!!! KEEP IT UP!

And let's hope this becomes at least a twice a year thing if not quarterly.
                        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by revans View Post
                          To whomever is responsible for putting together these tournaments:

GREAT JOB!!! KEEP IT UP!

And let's hope this becomes at least a twice a year thing if not quarterly.
                          I'll second that motion. I know alot of members are looking forward to another shot at winning in either the "Fall" or "Winter" Offensive. Four Tournaments a year, with a maybe a yearly Grand Tournament? Take the four winners of the year, pit them against each other in a Royal Rumble, maybe add a wild card 5th competitor from the losers of the Offensives....

I get to carried away I guess....
                          "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Make it the 1st Annual Commanders Cage Match!!!

The free world knows, out of the bitter wisdom of experience, that vigilance and sacrifice are the price of liberty.
                            Dwight D. Eisenhower
                            April 16, 1953

Comment

Keep it up, guys - I'm having a blast... I'm voting for the "wrong" guys... but I'm having a blast!
                              CPT T
                              Field Artillery
                              BDE S3 - Peacemaker 3 - OIF 09
                              FSO - 1BCT, 3ID - OIF III

"Loved or Hated... Never Ignored... COLT sticks it deep!"

Comment

Working...
                              X