Greatest SPQR speech !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my favorites...

Personally I like this one from gameturn 9, when General Paulus made his sudden reappearance in the Roman senate while everybody thought that he was dead...

Yes senators, it is not Paulus you see in front of you, but his ghost…

Although I can still breathe, walk, talk and touch, I have lost all the life in me. Yes, I’ve been murdered, not in body, but in soul. Rome lies in shambles and I wonder how any true Roman can feel alive today with all the intrigue, the lies and the deaths of so many of Roman sons here in the senate, in Armenia, in Parthia and in the Empire itself.

Shame on you all to still consider yourselves Romans !!!!

Rome has become Hell and you are all walking in it, as I, like simple shadows…on the border between life and death, for that is the current state of our fatherland, it is breathing its last breath…and you do nothing !

I do not know If I should praise myself fortunate to have been saved from a certain death and to live on , but I owe it to the the righteous Romans that have attempted to save me…
    I also owe it to my other countrymen, our fathers, our mothers, our sons and daughters that still haven’t given up in seeking the truth, the justice despite all that has happened in these last 6 months… It is only for them – for those that still believe in Rome - that I remain here among the living in order to haunt those that have brought our Empire to the brink of extinction.

I hereby first accuse Drusus…YES, your hero Drusus…for ordering my death in Tigranakert in July as he cowardly fled to Rome, leaving his fellow generals alone to stave off the Parthian onslaught.

Yes, these are the new Romans you all consider heroes: those that order the death of true patriots, those that flee the battlefield at a crucial moment, those that leave their comrades to fend for themselves, those that intrigue behind your back, twisting the truth and mocking justice, those that save the criminals and murder the innocent. Those that have bribed many of you and misled you…

Now I’m sure that my presence here will be prosecuted as soon as I leave this hall, cowardly yelling will fill the air, accusing me of lies, of intrigue of conspiracy with the senatorial party…therefore I will NOT leave this hall, I will not let my name be smeared behind my back. Those that believe I’m a traitor, kill me right here and right now, for I am unarmed…this time I hope the conspirators will show their face instead of ordering someone else to do it…

I shall remain here until justice will be done OR until Drusus has the guts to meet me here and to strike me down !!!!

Poor Rome…
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Another one...

Karma, citizen of Rome attacking the populist Furius, LEADER of the slums...

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
      I - Karma - battle not in Parthia, I live among the people of Rome!

I attack no common Roman citizen save the one - you, personally - for blathering ignorant of facts while speaking for the people!

Scipius, as have I, has always been for the people, but never for such leaders that lead them to the abyss of dishonor or their subjugation!

Get a clue & then get real, for some that you slander are your most able & certain potential allies in serving our peoples truest freedom & greater justice!

Know as well that Gaius has secured the Roman Treasury by Scipius order, such that the Senate and despots can not steal or plunder it. Gaius knows that if Scipius says 10 credits come, then 10 credits shall certainly come... thus the immediate expenditure from the Treasury will be restored by the word & honor of Scipius. He did not have to give it, just like he did not have to restore unto Armenia her Treasury - such things are the certain right and domain... in fact, sole choice of Legatus in War - but he instead gives all he has for the people of Rome & returns what is not Romes to them from whence it was stolen.

Victory over Parthia is certain and secured. King Arcasses III of Parthia has surrendered with no demands. That the 3 Legios under Legatus Rubinus & Legatus Scipius endured vastly outnumbered against ALL odds to emerge victorious by only the honor & Roman hearts of their men and themselves - all - after the traitor Drusus deserted his command, disobeyed the last freely given orders of Scipius brother to defeat Parthia at all cost, and took his 4 Legios to March/Sail on Rome driven by his treasonous blood lust for power... Nay, that Rubinus' & Scipius' Legios even survive is a miraculous gift from the Gods of Rome - certainly due to NO thanks, support as he was so ordered, or help from the traitor Drusus! That they somehow wrest Victory from almost certain defeat - following Drusus treachery in deserting them & his order of General Paulus murder - is proof that the Gods of Rome will again smile certain upon the People of Rome that stand Honorably against evil tyranny & refuse to secumb to the dark injustice of fear and subjugation to it once again!

In other words: KNOW your enemy's BECAUSE they are your enemy's...

DON'T just barge in ignorantly and blindly BLATHERING!

You have MUCH to learn before you 'get crazy', maybe even stupid, in the streets!

'Honorably knockin back a cold one' CITIZEN OF ROME
      Furius and his thugs attacks Karma outside of the Slaughtered Lamb as retribution:

Originally posted by Munk View Post
      Karma,

You consider yourself a "Simple and Honorable Citizen of Rome".

A LIE !!!

You use the many words of a politician.

The people only need a few words to explain their thoughts and sentiments, they don't fall for luxurious words and empty rhetorics !

They fall for immediate action !

You have been attacked, not by officers, nor politicians, but by common citizens of Rome.

The people are righteous, virtuous and honest.

Now you have tasted THEIR justice !

Therefore, they do not consider you a citizen of Rome.

FURIUS
      Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Wow I forgot how popular I was...
        "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

The beating of Karma was hilarious, second only to Falco's Heros.

BoRG
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Remember this jewel?

Quote:
            Originally Posted by skoblin
            Skoblinus the Vandal offers his services to kill off General Falco once and for all.

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            And in the deep of the night, with the cresent moon obscured by dark clouds and low fog and a lonely wolf softly howling into the wind, a messenger gives Skoblinius a single Denari for the foul and unspeakable deed......
            Good times.
            History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
            _________
            BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
              Remember this jewel?

Good times.
              The Best of Times!!!!

Honorius too provided a lot of fun and entertainment for us. He was a good sport. Remember the first exile attempt? The Emperor felt sorry for him, later providing a donkey and cart, provisions, a map, and a Han-to-Latin dictionary scroll..............unfortunately, the items were purchased from Franzius of Noricum.

Originally posted by Salinator
              As Honorius slowly walked out of Rome to fulfill the people's judgement of exile, barefooted and with nothing than the toga he has worn for the last seven days, he was surprised that he was not cursed at and spit upon unlike his co-defendent. Huffing and puffing, Honorius slowly put some distance between himself and the city. As night fell, he looked back and was surprised that the city was still clearly visible. Even his own home was clearly visible and he noted that his wife had not shaved her mustache for the evening as yet.

Still Honorius walked on. He felt the stress of long walk on his back, but worse still........his big hairy feet was beginning to hurt! He looked back, and holy smoke.........he still see Rome!

Exhausted, Honorius sat down. Sweat pouring and heart pounding, he laughed as he pulled out a piece of jerky from beneath his toga. Never mind that the sliver of meat ranked of body oder.........he has outsmarted the Emperor and the guards. He has gotten away with some jerky! Greedily gnawing away, slobbering and laughing until he realised he had no water! The Jerky has dried his mouth out!. Damn this! And what the heck? He can still see his home, and his wife is now shaving!

Exile sucks.

BoRG
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Captain General
                Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                Originally Posted by Torien
                I do.
                Originally Posted by sawman0311
                tor is in charge of watching the watchers? quis custodiet torien?
                Originally Posted by Torien
                I have a mirror.
                I loved this exchange...

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                _________
                BoRG

Comment

Long Live Falco!!!!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Ace_General
                  I, FALCO TIBERIUS, OFFICIALLY ANNOCE MY CANDIDACY FOR THE ROMAN SENATE

Have they now waived the Competency requirement ??

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X