X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stratego
    started a poll SPQR Gameturn 9 !!!

SPQR Gameturn 9 !!!

Make peace with the Parthians as soon as possible to free some legions and send them to the threatened provinces…
    18.75%
    Immediately order the legions back where they belong to be…
    12.50%
    Recruit Roman troops in all the provinces! Although it might take a while to train them, at least something effective will be done…
    62.50%
    Hire non-Roman mercenaries, this may be expensive, but a fast solution for the time being…
    6.25%

The poll is expired.

27th of August, 82 A.D.

The Roman Empire resides in a state of chaos !

The Emperor can still count on a large amount of support , but still remains a prisoner of Captain Gaius and his Praetorians in the palace. Although it was assumed that senator Torienus would manage the affairs of the state until the return of General Scipius, after the fateful Night of the 17th nothing has been heard of him. Although Captain Gaius has done his best to prevent anarchy of spreading throughout the city, no one has come forward to take control of the Empire. Most of the politicians are frightened, not willing to take sides in he current cold war that has erupted in Roman politics. The show of force from the mob two weeks ago has shown that it is dangerous to take command.
    The two factions still seem to have each other check and still enjoy considerable popularity although the loss of senator Torienus has deprived the senatorial party of strong leadership. But the Roman patience is quickly running thin. Ever since the start of the civil war, trade and commerce has fallen to a sorrowful level. Grain and other victuals arrive in Rome with much difficulty from the ports and countryside yet, most citizens try to live life as best as possible in these circumstances. All however pray to their God(s) and hope that this political struggle will soon come to an end.

The arrival of the very popular General Drusus has lifted the spirits of many Romans. They see in him the ideal character to end this misery once and for all…and many, especially the once prosperous traders and merchants, don’t really care HOW it is done. All the people want is to be able to take on their normal daily lives and to breath easily once again…what do they care of high politics? Drusus is their hope…

Although the victory of the Romans against the Parthians at Nisibis is greeted with many cheers, it’s the disturbing news from the provinces that causes the happiness to subside quickly before it has even started. The governor of Cappodocia is wondering why no other troops have yet arrived to replace the three legions that were ordered out to support the Roman troops in Parthia? One sent to join General Rubinus and two accorded to General Drusus? Although a fairly peaceful province, already trade routes are being hampered by brigands and robbers. In various cities and towns petty criminality is getting out of hand. The governor is unable to manage it with only a few hundred Roman troops !!!!

The former province of Syria has been without a trustworthy Roman legion ever since Paulus left for the campaign in Parthia in april ! Wisely enough governor Paulus has left the province in capable hands and created a trustworthy militia to keep law and order until his return…but Paulus has not returned, nor have there any new legions been allocated to the province ! What’s up? Here also, criminalty is gaining the upper hand and it seems as if the Parthians have found out that the province is unprotected…already small incursions have been made in the last month. The people are in a frenzy, will the Parthians now strike at Syria????

And these are not the only provinces…messages arrive in Rome from all directions calling for military support ! Obviously this mismanagement will have serious repercussions on the state finances.

WHAT WILL YOU DO ROME?

IT IS URGENT !!!!!

Greets,
    FATE

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
    OK, it was completed, let's start something new. How about the fall of Rome in Hibernia?
    Ah not in this thread my friend!

Leave a comment:

• Colonel Sennef
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    Stratego is too modest perhaps to plug his own games
    That is Stratego for you.

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    Stratego is starting up a new game in the ancient warfare board right now, too modest perhaps to plug his own games

Leave a comment:

• Jose50
    replied
    OK, it was completed, let's start something new. How about the fall of Rome in Hibernia?

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
    Is this still a game?
    Unfortunately not, BUT...SPQR was never intented to be such a hit. It became so in time ;-) It grew thanks to the participants.
    Who knows, maybe another game may grow out to become a success

The reason why we still look back upon this game after 4 years is because it was something completely new here on this forum - at that time at least.

Greets,
    Stratego

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
    A few times, it was personal.

Lest we forget Falco the Filthy.
    Ah Falco. Good point...poor bas***d

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
    Nothing personal. It's just the way we BoRG rolled.
    A few times, it was personal.

Lest we forget Falco the Filthy.

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied
    Yup!

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
    We killed everybody. Even people we liked. People we respected.

We definitely would have killed you.

Your skull would have gone in the sack that we used to feed the dogs.

Hail Caesar.
    Nothing personal. It's just the way we BoRG rolled.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Fit for dog meat, dude.

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
    Even though I wasn't here, I thought you were still the Emperor. Why I keep getting fermented fish, I suppose.
    We killed everybody. Even people we liked. People we respected.

We definitely would have killed you.

Your skull would have gone in the sack that we used to feed the dogs.

Hail Caesar.
    Last edited by Paul Mann III; 21 Apr 13, 01:03.

Leave a comment:

• rebpreacher
    replied
    Even though I wasn't here, I thought you were still the Emperor. Why I keep getting fermented fish, I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    For many of the players, myself included............SPQR lives on. I still get messages addressed to The Emperor.

Leave a comment:

• Checkertail20
    replied
    I have been late before but never 4 years late.

Leave a comment:

• Wellington95
    replied
    Last post of the game was in 2009.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X