• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by delboy View Post
    It seems it is worse than I feared.
    And the grain that feeds Rome? will that export be held as well?

It would seem prudent of us to ascertain whether this Plague is truly an act of the gods, or an act of political leverage.

Valerius Magnus
    Legate
    Legio VI Felix Commanding

Leave a comment:

• delboy
    replied
    Urgent dispatch from Aegyptus

It seems it is worse than I feared.

Alexandria,

28th of August, 82 A.D.,

Great Emperor, Senate and People of Rome !

We are being punished for our sins and debauchery !
    Disease is ravaging our lands and your precious province !!!!!!

For almost two weeks now, a strange epidemic has hit Alexandria and the surrounding countryside ! Although it started on a minor scale in the slums of the metropole it has quickly taken on titanic proportions !
    It seems as if the Gods themselves are behind it, for it disregards age, gender and status for it has hit all layers of the society.
    Due to its magnitude, the 2nd city of Rome has become severely depopulated. The victims number in the 1000's. Those that have not been struck are now massively fleeing Alexandria.

There is panick ! Martial Law has been declared !

It has become so bad that nobody is willing to bury the departed respectfully. No matter how much they are paid ! The corpses lie in the streets and homes where they have fallen, decaying in the summer heat !

Trade has reached an all-time-low, imported goods are left untouched in the harbor. Prices are soaring and nobody can be found to be employed. IN the countryside, cattle is dying at an alarming rate and cops are left unattended as the people flee as far away as possible.

The end of the world is nigh !!!!

As a measure, I'm suspending all export to the provinces...I do hope it is not too late !

Let us pray to our Fathers for forgiveness ad that they have mercy on the Roman people !!!!

Philippus Garbo
    Governor of Aegyptus

Leave a comment:

• Klibanophoros
    replied
    Okay I'm back

Will you recognize dacias freedom that's all I want

Leave a comment:

• Patton 7079
    replied
    From the Forum Romanum, the 11th of September...

People of Rome,

Who says that the people are suffering ?

I hereby present to you not only bread but also wine and clothes for you all.

This is the promised gift to you from General Scipius for all your suffering these last few months and the sacrifice of your sons on the field of battle in the East !

Hereby let it be known to all the agitators here in the city, that General Scipius is a man of his word !

Victory in Parthia is now ensured and soon your sons will be returning home…as “heroes”.

There is no greater gift, then the return of your cherished loved ones…

Rejoice people ! Enjoy the spills of victory, for they are all yours !!!!

Hail General Scipius “the Victor of Parthia” and General Rubinus !!!!
    Last edited by Stratego; 14 Apr 09, 00:38.

Leave a comment:

• ForIAmSparticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Munk View Post
    Sure, everybody despises the masses !!!

But they are cheered on when politicians call on them to take on a rival faction, when blood is to be spilled (Night of the 17th) !!!

You USE the masses for your own political squabbles and then when the bill is presented for all the sacrifices the people have made...it falls on deaf men's ears !

You generals and politicians make me sick.

You are a waste of the air we breathe.

FURIUS
    Well stated my friend

I have realized my mistake wish to fix it. More fighting and war will not solve anything.Recruiting more men will only cost more money from the masses. I want to change my vote to "Immediately ordering the legions back !!!", if anyone truly cares about the citizens of Rome they will do the same.

ARCADIUS
    Last edited by ForIAmSparticus; 13 Apr 09, 15:15.

Leave a comment:

• Munk
    replied
    Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
    There is no justice when served by the masses,
    let this be marked as the beginning of a dark age in our time.
    The honourable men who served under me,
    who so valiantly perished with a clenched fist,
    for the embodiment and freedom of Rome,
    have died in vain.

- General Rubinus
    Sure, everybody despises the masses !!!

But they are cheered on when politicians call on them to take on a rival faction, when blood is to be spilled (Night of the 17th) !!!

You USE the masses for your own political squabbles and then when the bill is presented for all the sacrifices the people have made...it falls on deaf men's ears !

You generals and politicians make me sick.

You are a waste of the air we breathe.

FURIUS

Leave a comment:

• Achtung Baby
    replied
    There is no justice when served by the masses,
    let this be marked as the beginning of a dark age in our time.
    The honourable men who served under me,
    who so valiantly perished with a clenched fist,
    for the embodiment and freedom of Rome,
    have died in vain.

- General Rubinus

Leave a comment:

• Munk
    replied
    Karma,

You consider yourself a "Simple and Honorable Citizen of Rome".

A LIE !!!

You use the many words of a politician.

The people only need a few words to explain their thoughts and sentiments, they don't fall for luxurious words and empty rhetorics !

They fall for immediate action !

You have been attacked, not by officers, nor politicians, but by common citizens of Rome.

The people are righteous, virtuous and honest.

Now you have tasted THEIR justice !

Therefore, they do not consider you a citizen of Rome.

FURIUS

Leave a comment:

• Alexander
    replied
    Karma,

Let me state that I had absolutely NO part in the recent attack upon your person. I am praying for your recovery, and have offered to use my personal wealth to aid the people of Rome, but as you pointed out, a feast does little good in the long run, and at least at the current moment my funds are only sufficient for a feast...

Regards,
    Senator Quintus Vespillo

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied
    Suffering in great agony, Dissuaded none at all, no, strengthened ever more by my survival against the desperate and criminal elements which sought my demise, I drag myself through the streets to this Senate for all Honorable Romans to see what awaits them when they do not abide those that proclaim and cast about as their leaders.

The criminal "thugs" which accosted me in the alley have utterly failed in their goal of silencing I that would speak the truth, and my continuance -
    unaided against all manner of anguished pain - to this place so as to speak of the many lies and instances of continued collusions visited upon all Honorable citizens of Rome by the same age old and hollow 'official' pronouncements - made so dis-honorably upon the backs of Honorable actions completely unfunded by those that make them - for all Honorable Roman citizens know easily full well that the fiscal toll of it was already paid by provision of the the prize of Victory over Parthia in the East, unselfishly & freely given by those honorable Generals and every man of those Legios! The merchants know who has paid them and their opening of their warehouses were already a certainty upon which such politically 'official' and calculatingly criminal elements in Rome now seek to claim as their own.

No, regardless of the pronouncements of their self proclaimed 'leaders', Honorable Romans that inhabit the city still see little or nothing of the politicians personal wealth - sill firmly held in each of their greedy grips - expended before them in such manner as to provide material relief upon their tables, or within their bellies, and they rejoice with at least some thanks that at least those at a great distance - which have bled and died for their freedom from such enemies as Parthia - lovingly care... all while those 'officials' continue to
    dance and trample upon their liberties and fears in Rome by such worthless pronouncments and now typically un-Roman 'official' attempts to appease in the after thought of it all.

As to the criminals and traitors which continue in their dishonorable un-Roman efforts to prevail by imposition of public fear and certain subjugation by violence and death... I state the obvious in saying that NO Honorable Roman abides criminal ambush visited upon innocents in the dark. Such are the dishonorable acts of cowards unable to practice honor & abide justice in the light, not acts condoned by the vastly Honorable People of Rome!

As is always the case with blind politicians serving only their own ambitions - seemingly ever ignorant of the time proven fact that true majorities of Roman Peoples, in their sentiments and true common desires remain silent and eventually visit their resolve of it by each of their unified hands in the end - to the the Honorable in Rome these "thugs" show themselves for the true
    criminals that they are. They defeat themselves in the eyes of all citizens of Honor & Justice in Rome!

By their cowardly acts in the dark - not publicly in the light - their truly pestulant nature is revealed and all that would lend even the slightest support or encouragement of it reveal their own guilt of it!

In the end, to be sure and in certain desire of it, it is the far greater majority of Honarable and Just Romans that will issue
    forth from their silence to stand upon the graves of all criminal and 'official' vestiges of their currently endured nightmares - physically victorious in their true freedom from these un-Roman tyrannies they see perpetuated before them!

I now stand with General of Rome Paulus as proof of your many crimes or deferences to them before our people - for as long as I am able - and remain within this hallowed hall now strewn of the many political defecations rendered by such Senators that refute and deny the many sordid facts known and seized upon by Honorable Romans only to paint themselves as maternal women in the eyes of a majority which know better!

If I am removed or murdered for my statement of such displeasurable sounds to your ears, Senators, it is only further proof of the dishonor among you!

Leave a comment:

• Patton 7079
    replied
    DO not give him such credit for the first person to do such was Scipius. he has just performed the same act and now wants all the credit. Give credit where credit is due. the First person to spen 10 personaly wealth on bread was Scipius.

Leave a comment:

• Alexander
    replied
    Originally posted by Stratego View Post
    9th of September, 82 A.D.

After a late night at the “Slaughtered Lamb”, Karma, citizen of Rome was returning to his residence when suddenly, unsuspectingly, he was pulled into a darkened alley.
    There, under the cover of the moonless night, he was kicked and punched repeatedly by three thugs.
    He was left there in pain for a few hours bleeding profusely until an unknown passer-by, hearing his moans, decided –as a good Roman citizen- to come his aid.
    Karma’s benefactor, a retired old tribune, carried him on his back to his home and ordered his personal phycisian to take care of him.
    Having gained consciousness in the early dawn, Karma was brought to his residence by the old tribune’s coacher.
    Karma is still alive, but is in a wretched state: a broken nose, a few lost teeth, a broken lip, a blue swollen eye, three broken ribs and many bruises all over his body, a light concussion is a possibility !!!!

Greets,
    FATE
    While I can understand the disillusion and disgust that most Roman citizens now harbor towards many of their politicians and leaders, both civil and military, we must not let things degenerate further. More violence is NOT the way to resolve or end the current strife. We cannot let Rome lapse into gang warfare and street violence. Law and order must reign as much as is possible.

Emperor Sal has proved beyond a doubt his generosity and his deep concern for and dedication to the people of Rome. I am VERY glad and relieved to hear that he has ordered the starving people of Rome to be fed. I am VERY glad to hear that the people of Rome have been listened to, that their pleas have NOT gone unheard, and that they have been furnished with the necessities and food that they have for so long lacked in sufficient quantities.

I have always suported the Emperor as the lawful authority in Rome and the best chance at escaping from the troubles--both internal and external--that have engulfed much of the Empire. I am now more proud than ever to say that I support Emperor Sal. He has done the right thing and proved his integrity and kindness. As General Rubinus has said, may he be blessed from on high for his efforts.

This is not propaganda, my dear fellow Romans; this is the concern, the honesty, the dedication, the trustworthiness, the fatherly oversight of a true Roman, a true leader, and our most august emperor--Salinatorius.

I pray that the bread will be distributed quickly and effectively, and that we will now see a marked decrease in violence and unrest in the streets and throughout the Empire (Judaea is still in a state of quasi-revolt; let us not forget this).

I am also praying for the speedy recovery of Karma. I will be sure to visit him often and see that he is attended to.

Romans: this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Senator Quintus

Leave a comment:

• Patton 7079
    replied
    Yet no one speeks of the bread provided bt Scipius...

Propaganda

Leave a comment:

• Achtung Baby
    replied
    Emperor Sal is still a compassionate leader,
    may the Gods spare him in these troubled times.

- General Rubinus.

Leave a comment:

• Commodore_1812
    replied
    May the Gods praise the Emperor for his generous donation! Mithras shines down upon the people and those who once wanted shall have their bellies filled!

Perhaps it is time for he who is chosen of the Gods to once again breath the air of freedom?

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X