X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexander
    replied
    Originally posted by TankBrigade View Post
    You sure know where to find pictures for effect! Let us hope whoever wins this war is not against the emperor at the very least.
    Seconded! Great pictures FATE. They add to the suspense.

I beg that all Romans put aside their political differences--however deep, divisive, and debilitating they might be--and spend a few moments in heartfelt prayer to their God or gods, asking that the current civil war might reach a swift end, and might be decided in favor of justice, peace, and the true and legal authority in Rome: Emperor Salinatorius.

If this does not occur, Rome will begin a long, dark, terrible descent into anarchy, implosion, and self-destruction. Who can tell if it will still survive a few generations or even decades from now...

Stability is what we need now. All true Romans will work not for their own personal gain, not our of a spirit of political favoritism, not out of ambition or greed or envy or malice or spite or hatred, but out of an honest desire for peace, stability, and happiness, both in Rome and throughout the Empire.

Hail, people and generals of Rome!
    Hail, my fellow Senators!
    Hail, Emperor Salinatorius!

Regards,
    Senator Quintus Vespillo

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied
    Likely that Drusus' Legios are infected from whence they embarked upon their voyage to Sail Upon Rome!

Leave a comment:

• ForIAmSparticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Commodore_1812 View Post
    A terrible dream, a prophecy has awoken me in the middle of the night.

I have dreamt of a Roman trireme lost at sea, filled with decaying corpses of Roman troops. I have walked on deck, I could smell -almost taste- the nauseating stench of death, of pestilence, almost making me vomit as the ship sailes aimlessly over huge waves, driven forth by powerful gusts of wind. I wander the ship, hoping to see someone still belonging to the living but it seems hopeless ALL are dead…or not?

Someone is still steering the vessel. I notice him. A cloaked man. I approach him, afraid, uncomfortably. Goosebumbs appear on my skin as I come nearer. The figure looks up to me, I recognize him all too well. It is Furius.

His face is covered in blood. There is slight grin on his face, not evil, nor peaceful. His eyes are icecold grey and seem to look straight through you. He seems to be able to read your mind, your thoughts, your innermost feelings. Although there is hatred painted on his pale features, a comfortable, almost supernatural aura surrounds him. It is a strange warm feeling I sense although I am surrounded by death on a lost ship.

When I ask him where he is headed, he does not answer, instead he points northwards...with a hand deprived of all flesh and muscle !!!!!
    Perhaps someone can make sense of this strange dream and give us insight to its meaning.

Maybe Furius is turning away from his peaceful ways...

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied
    Honorable People of Rome...

Senators...

Hear Me!

Such that all hungry & sundry in need might find relief...

Cast Open These Doors...

Render All Aid To Our People As Our Wealth Might Provide!

I - Scipius - now go forth among our people such as to appeal for their decree of my Proconsul!

My Cavalry/Chariots follow days hence & shall remain beyond the gates pending Proconsul!

I seek that my Victory Procession might lead to the exercise of true Roman Justice...

Not unruly mob violence!

I seek to reunite our Legio's in service to our people

Rome Is Her People...

It Is Only They That I Shall Serve!

Our Victorious forces in the east are well served by their Tribunes, Centurions & Men to full extent!

General Rubinus now provisionally commands the vast remainder of the Legio's of Paulus !

Victory against Parthia is Ours!

Now Peace & Justice For The People Of Rome Shall Be My Only Task Until Delivered!

Scipius
    Victor of Parthia
    Guardian of Rome

Leave a comment:

• TankBrigade
    replied
    Originally posted by Stratego View Post
    7 A.M., 12th of September, 82 A.D.

Report of distant warcries, the clashing of weapons and large troop movements arrive in the capital at the break of dawn. Rome is in a state of confusion, not knowing what is really going on.
    Soon however, the first confirmations come in from various sources that a battle has taken place between Ostia and Fiumicinus to the east of the capital.
    When the first wounded come stumbling through the Porta Aurelia Nova and the Porta Septimiana, everybody knows that the troops of General Drusus and the troops loyal to Captain Gaius are engaged in a brutal struggle, a bloody fight, that will ultimately determine the fate of Rome.
    The armies 40.000 in total, are almost evenly matched - with General Drusus having a slight superiority in numbers. However, his lack of adequate cavalry might prove to be a cumbersome obstacle to snatch a decisive victory !!!!

The Romans wait impatiently for new reports from the frontlines…hoping that this battle will finally end the lagging civil war!

The opposing political factions undergo hours of nerve racking tension…wondering if they will survive the next weeks !

The various Gods look from the heavens in consent…favoring the strongest and most able !

The Roman infantry of Legio III Tertia Scythica about to confront the Red Legion's Greek Phalanxmen...

Drusus' Dacian swordsmen of Legio Rapax XXII in the attack...

Valerius' Roman infantry veterans of the Felix Legion prepared to take on Drusus' War Elephants...

Captain Gaius in the middle of the fray giving out orders...

General Drusus speaking to his loyal troops before sending them into the attack...

Greets,
    FATE
    You sure know where to find pictures for effect! Let us hope whoever wins this war is not against the emperor at the very least.
    Last edited by Salinator; 14 Apr 09, 21:56.

Leave a comment:

• Klibanophoros
    replied
    Send one of your men to the danube with a relative of his own I will met you ambassador there with my daughter. All I want is freedom for my people, nothing more and if this is recognized I will send my own personal falx-men led by myself to serve in your auxilia, freindship between us is not impossible and all we want is freedom will you recognize Dacia's independence?

Leave a comment:

• Commodore_1812
    replied
    A terrible dream, a prophecy has awoken me in the middle of the night.

I have dreamt of a Roman trireme lost at sea, filled with decaying corpses of Roman troops. I have walked on deck, I could smell -almost taste- the nauseating stench of death, of pestilence, almost making me vomit as the ship sailes aimlessly over huge waves, driven forth by powerful gusts of wind. I wander the ship, hoping to see someone still belonging to the living but it seems hopeless ALL are dead…or not?

Someone is still steering the vessel. I notice him. A cloaked man. I approach him, afraid, uncomfortably. Goosebumbs appear on my skin as I come nearer. The figure looks up to me, I recognize him all too well. It is Furius.

His face is covered in blood. There is slight grin on his face, not evil, nor peaceful. His eyes are icecold grey and seem to look straight through you. He seems to be able to read your mind, your thoughts, your innermost feelings. Although there is hatred painted on his pale features, a comfortable, almost supernatural aura surrounds him. It is a strange warm feeling I sense although I am surrounded by death on a lost ship.

When I ask him where he is headed, he does not answer, instead he points northwards...with a hand deprived of all flesh and muscle !!!!!
    Last edited by Stratego; 14 Apr 09, 16:52.

Leave a comment:

• Legate
    replied
    Originally posted by Munk View Post
    He does not dare to confront me personally, face to face...

He is -in my opinion- therefore a coward !

You all know very well who I am talking about: THE TRAITOR ANTONIUS !!!

There is a prize on his head for TREACHERY !

Well, I personally will pay ANYONE who finds him and delivers him to me alive 10 wealth...yes, 10 wealth, not for attacking me, but for being such a coward and fleeing when his people needed him the most!!!!

SOMEONE WHO FLEES, MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE, OR NOT?

As of today, he is an OUTLAW amongst his OWN people...may he be cursed !

FURIUS

Do you have proof of this alleged treachery? All know that Antonius is a man of the people and a loyal servant of the Emperor.
    Last edited by Salinator; 14 Apr 09, 18:49.

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    Battle of Fiumicinius !!!

7 A.M., 12th of September, 82 A.D.

Report of distant warcries, the clashing of weapons and large troop movements arrive in the capital at the break of dawn. Rome is in a state of confusion, not knowing what is really going on.
    Soon however, the first confirmations come in from various sources that a battle has taken place between Ostia and Fiumicinus to the east of the capital.
    When the first wounded come stumbling through the Porta Aurelia Nova and the Porta Septimiana, everybody knows that the troops of General Drusus and the troops loyal to Captain Gaius are engaged in a brutal struggle, a bloody fight, that will ultimately determine the fate of Rome.
    The armies 40.000 in total, are almost evenly matched - with General Drusus having a slight superiority in numbers. However, his lack of adequate cavalry might prove to be a cumbersome obstacle to snatch a decisive victory !!!!

The Romans wait impatiently for new reports from the frontlines…hoping that this battle will finally end the lagging civil war!

The opposing political factions undergo hours of nerve racking tension…wondering if they will survive the next weeks !

The various Gods look from the heavens in consent…favoring the strongest and most able !

The Roman infantry of Legio III Tertia Scythica about to confront the Red Legion's Greek Phalanxmen...

Drusus' Dacian swordsmen of Legio Rapax XXII in the attack...

Valerius' Roman infantry veterans of the Felix Legion prepared to take on Drusus' War Elephants...

Captain Gaius in the middle of the fray giving out orders...

General Drusus speaking to his loyal troops before sending them into the attack...

Greets,
    FATE

Last edited by Stratego; 14 Apr 09, 15:59.

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied
    ...too little,too late...

Leave a comment:

• Patton 7079
    replied
    Antonious was declared an outlaw when he fleed Rome He lost his title and became an outlaw and will be treated by such by the government and military and now I am glad to hear by the people also.

-Gaius

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    Somebody is gonna be really off !!!!

I must admit, this guy has guts...

Greets,
    Stratego

Leave a comment:

• delboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Munk View Post

Well, I personally will pay ANYONE who finds him and delivers him to me alive 10 wealth...yes, 10 wealth, not for attacking me, but for being such a coward and fleeing when his people needed him the most!!!!

FURIUS

Senator Antonius has always been friend of Roman people. How dare you talk something like that about one of the greatest people in Rome. You are nothing but a barbarian. Since when do Roman people believe to words from someone who obviously has no manners and honor.

Senator Flavian
    Last edited by Salinator; 14 Apr 09, 18:47.

Leave a comment:

• Munk
    replied
    TEXT EDITED BY ACG STAFF

FURIUS

EDIT: COMMENTS REGARDING PRIVATE MESSAGES ARE PROSCRIBED IN THE PUBLIC THREADS - ACG STAFF
    Last edited by Salinator; 14 Apr 09, 18:45.

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
    And the grain that feeds Rome? will that export be held as well?

It would seem prudent of us to ascertain whether this Plague is truly an act of the gods, or an act of political leverage.

Valerius Magnus
    Legate
    Legio VI Felix Commanding
    I, Bardus Phocus, First Servant of Armenia and Ally of Rome, have heard from the Syrian descendants of Phoenicia, that a truly marvelous isle called Ynys Mons exists. Here wild nature and spirit priests (of Diana ?) are said to be able to grow crops in true abundance. There's also plentiful tin, copper, lead, silver and gold on a larger landmass nearby called Briton (country of tin?).

Brutus, a Trojan, is said to have founded this Briton, and may be a kinsman of Aeneas, also a Trojan, who Virgil has stated was a founder of Rome. Surely trade with this country should be an option and to mutual benefit?

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X