No announcement yet.

SPQR Gameturn 9 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DO not give him such credit for the first person to do such was Scipius. he has just performed the same act and now wants all the credit. Give credit where credit is due. the First person to spen 10 personaly wealth on bread was Scipius.
    Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
    I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Suffering in great agony, Dissuaded none at all, no, strengthened ever more by my survival against the desperate and criminal elements which sought my demise, I drag myself through the streets to this Senate for all Honorable Romans to see what awaits them when they do not abide those that proclaim and cast about as their leaders.

The criminal "thugs" which accosted me in the alley have utterly failed in their goal of silencing I that would speak the truth, and my continuance -
      unaided against all manner of anguished pain - to this place so as to speak of the many lies and instances of continued collusions visited upon all Honorable citizens of Rome by the same age old and hollow 'official' pronouncements - made so dis-honorably upon the backs of Honorable actions completely unfunded by those that make them - for all Honorable Roman citizens know easily full well that the fiscal toll of it was already paid by provision of the the prize of Victory over Parthia in the East, unselfishly & freely given by those honorable Generals and every man of those Legios! The merchants know who has paid them and their opening of their warehouses were already a certainty upon which such politically 'official' and calculatingly criminal elements in Rome now seek to claim as their own.

No, regardless of the pronouncements of their self proclaimed 'leaders', Honorable Romans that inhabit the city still see little or nothing of the politicians personal wealth - sill firmly held in each of their greedy grips - expended before them in such manner as to provide material relief upon their tables, or within their bellies, and they rejoice with at least some thanks that at least those at a great distance - which have bled and died for their freedom from such enemies as Parthia - lovingly care... all while those 'officials' continue to
      dance and trample upon their liberties and fears in Rome by such worthless pronouncments and now typically un-Roman 'official' attempts to appease in the after thought of it all.

As to the criminals and traitors which continue in their dishonorable un-Roman efforts to prevail by imposition of public fear and certain subjugation by violence and death... I state the obvious in saying that NO Honorable Roman abides criminal ambush visited upon innocents in the dark. Such are the dishonorable acts of cowards unable to practice honor & abide justice in the light, not acts condoned by the vastly Honorable People of Rome!

As is always the case with blind politicians serving only their own ambitions - seemingly ever ignorant of the time proven fact that true majorities of Roman Peoples, in their sentiments and true common desires remain silent and eventually visit their resolve of it by each of their unified hands in the end - to the the Honorable in Rome these "thugs" show themselves for the true
      criminals that they are. They defeat themselves in the eyes of all citizens of Honor & Justice in Rome!

By their cowardly acts in the dark - not publicly in the light - their truly pestulant nature is revealed and all that would lend even the slightest support or encouragement of it reveal their own guilt of it!

In the end, to be sure and in certain desire of it, it is the far greater majority of Honarable and Just Romans that will issue
      forth from their silence to stand upon the graves of all criminal and 'official' vestiges of their currently endured nightmares - physically victorious in their true freedom from these un-Roman tyrannies they see perpetuated before them!

I now stand with General of Rome Paulus as proof of your many crimes or deferences to them before our people - for as long as I am able - and remain within this hallowed hall now strewn of the many political defecations rendered by such Senators that refute and deny the many sordid facts known and seized upon by Honorable Romans only to paint themselves as maternal women in the eyes of a majority which know better!

If I am removed or murdered for my statement of such displeasurable sounds to your ears, Senators, it is only further proof of the dishonor among you!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Karma,

Let me state that I had absolutely NO part in the recent attack upon your person. I am praying for your recovery, and have offered to use my personal wealth to aid the people of Rome, but as you pointed out, a feast does little good in the long run, and at least at the current moment my funds are only sufficient for a feast...

Regards,
        Senator Quintus Vespillo

Comment

• Karma,

You consider yourself a "Simple and Honorable Citizen of Rome".

A LIE !!!

You use the many words of a politician.

The people only need a few words to explain their thoughts and sentiments, they don't fall for luxurious words and empty rhetorics !

They fall for immediate action !

You have been attacked, not by officers, nor politicians, but by common citizens of Rome.

The people are righteous, virtuous and honest.

Now you have tasted THEIR justice !

Therefore, they do not consider you a citizen of Rome.

FURIUS
          'Let them hate us so long as they fear us.' Caligula

Comment

• There is no justice when served by the masses,
            let this be marked as the beginning of a dark age in our time.
            The honourable men who served under me,
            who so valiantly perished with a clenched fist,
            for the embodiment and freedom of Rome,
            have died in vain.

- General Rubinus
            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
            Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
              There is no justice when served by the masses,
              let this be marked as the beginning of a dark age in our time.
              The honourable men who served under me,
              who so valiantly perished with a clenched fist,
              for the embodiment and freedom of Rome,
              have died in vain.

- General Rubinus
              Sure, everybody despises the masses !!!

But they are cheered on when politicians call on them to take on a rival faction, when blood is to be spilled (Night of the 17th) !!!

You USE the masses for your own political squabbles and then when the bill is presented for all the sacrifices the people have made...it falls on deaf men's ears !

You generals and politicians make me sick.

You are a waste of the air we breathe.

FURIUS

Comment

• Originally posted by Munk View Post
                Sure, everybody despises the masses !!!

But they are cheered on when politicians call on them to take on a rival faction, when blood is to be spilled (Night of the 17th) !!!

You USE the masses for your own political squabbles and then when the bill is presented for all the sacrifices the people have made...it falls on deaf men's ears !

You generals and politicians make me sick.

You are a waste of the air we breathe.

FURIUS
                Well stated my friend

I have realized my mistake wish to fix it. More fighting and war will not solve anything.Recruiting more men will only cost more money from the masses. I want to change my vote to "Immediately ordering the legions back !!!", if anyone truly cares about the citizens of Rome they will do the same.

ARCADIUS
                Last edited by ForIAmSparticus; 13 Apr 09, 15:15.
                “Come and take it!"

Comment

• From the Forum Romanum, the 11th of September...

People of Rome,

Who says that the people are suffering ?

I hereby present to you not only bread but also wine and clothes for you all.

This is the promised gift to you from General Scipius for all your suffering these last few months and the sacrifice of your sons on the field of battle in the East !

Hereby let it be known to all the agitators here in the city, that General Scipius is a man of his word !

Victory in Parthia is now ensured and soon your sons will be returning home…as “heroes”.

There is no greater gift, then the return of your cherished loved ones…

Rejoice people ! Enjoy the spills of victory, for they are all yours !!!!

Hail General Scipius “the Victor of Parthia” and General Rubinus !!!!
                  Last edited by Stratego; 14 Apr 09, 00:38.
                  Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                  I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Okay I'm back

Will you recognize dacias freedom that's all I want
                    The Napoleonic Era, and WWI and WWII are NOT! the be all, end all of Military History.

Properly trained Cavalry can and will beat the vaunted infantry man

Comment

• Urgent dispatch from Aegyptus

It seems it is worse than I feared.

Alexandria,

28th of August, 82 A.D.,

Great Emperor, Senate and People of Rome !

We are being punished for our sins and debauchery !
                      Disease is ravaging our lands and your precious province !!!!!!

For almost two weeks now, a strange epidemic has hit Alexandria and the surrounding countryside ! Although it started on a minor scale in the slums of the metropole it has quickly taken on titanic proportions !
                      It seems as if the Gods themselves are behind it, for it disregards age, gender and status for it has hit all layers of the society.
                      Due to its magnitude, the 2nd city of Rome has become severely depopulated. The victims number in the 1000's. Those that have not been struck are now massively fleeing Alexandria.

There is panick ! Martial Law has been declared !

It has become so bad that nobody is willing to bury the departed respectfully. No matter how much they are paid ! The corpses lie in the streets and homes where they have fallen, decaying in the summer heat !

Trade has reached an all-time-low, imported goods are left untouched in the harbor. Prices are soaring and nobody can be found to be employed. IN the countryside, cattle is dying at an alarming rate and cops are left unattended as the people flee as far away as possible.

The end of the world is nigh !!!!

As a measure, I'm suspending all export to the provinces...I do hope it is not too late !

Let us pray to our Fathers for forgiveness ad that they have mercy on the Roman people !!!!

Philippus Garbo
                      Governor of Aegyptus
                      "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

• Originally posted by delboy View Post
                        It seems it is worse than I feared.
                        And the grain that feeds Rome? will that export be held as well?

It would seem prudent of us to ascertain whether this Plague is truly an act of the gods, or an act of political leverage.

Valerius Magnus
                        Legate
                        Legio VI Felix Commanding
                        BoRG
                        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
                          And the grain that feeds Rome? will that export be held as well?

It would seem prudent of us to ascertain whether this Plague is truly an act of the gods, or an act of political leverage.

Valerius Magnus
                          Legate
                          Legio VI Felix Commanding
                          I, Bardus Phocus, First Servant of Armenia and Ally of Rome, have heard from the Syrian descendants of Phoenicia, that a truly marvelous isle called Ynys Mons exists. Here wild nature and spirit priests (of Diana ?) are said to be able to grow crops in true abundance. There's also plentiful tin, copper, lead, silver and gold on a larger landmass nearby called Briton (country of tin?).

Brutus, a Trojan, is said to have founded this Briton, and may be a kinsman of Aeneas, also a Trojan, who Virgil has stated was a founder of Rome. Surely trade with this country should be an option and to mutual benefit?
                          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• TEXT EDITED BY ACG STAFF

He does not dare to confront me personally, face to face...

He is -in my opinion- therefore a coward !

You all know very well who I am talking about: THE TRAITOR ANTONIUS !!!

There is a prize on his head for TREACHERY !

Well, I personally will pay ANYONE who finds him and delivers him to me alive 10 wealth...yes, 10 wealth, not for attacking me, but for being such a coward and fleeing when his people needed him the most!!!!

SOMEONE WHO FLEES, MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE, OR NOT?

As of today, he is an OUTLAW amongst his OWN people...may he be cursed !

FURIUS

EDIT: COMMENTS REGARDING PRIVATE MESSAGES ARE PROSCRIBED IN THE PUBLIC THREADS - ACG STAFF
                            Last edited by Salinator; 14 Apr 09, 18:45.

Comment

• Originally posted by Munk View Post
                              He does not dare to confront me personally, face to face...

He is -in my opinion- therefore a coward !

You all know very well who I am talking about: THE TRAITOR ANTONIUS !!!

There is a prize on his head for TREACHERY !

Well, I personally will pay ANYONE who finds him and delivers him to me alive 10 wealth...yes, 10 wealth, not for attacking me, but for being such a coward and fleeing when his people needed him the most!!!!

SOMEONE WHO FLEES, MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE, OR NOT?

As of today, he is an OUTLAW amongst his OWN people...may he be cursed !

FURIUS

Senator Antonius has always been friend of Roman people. How dare you talk something like that about one of the greatest people in Rome. You are nothing but a barbarian. Since when do Roman people believe to words from someone who obviously has no manners and honor.

Senator Flavian
                              Last edited by Salinator; 14 Apr 09, 18:47.
                              "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

• Somebody is gonna be really off !!!!

I must admit, this guy has guts...

Greets,
                                Stratego
                                Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X