Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthwys
    replied
    Noticing a "lack" of a certain Senator...Torienus.

Where does he fit into this arrangement?

Leave a comment:

• ForIAmSparticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain General View Post
    The Factions:

Imperial Party:

Emperor Sal
    General Drusus
    Senator Antonius
    Senator Verus
    Senator Flavian
    Senator Honorius
    Senator Quintus

Senatorial Party:

Senator Torienus (currently missing)
    General Scipius
    General Paulus
    General Rubinus
    General Valerius
    Captain Gaius
    The Mob:

Furius
    Arcadius

Prophet of Mithras:

Argos of Corinth

Germanic Barbarian Chieftain:

Radulf

I think thats everyone!
    Thanks, this is quite helpful it can be confusing.

By the way the mob is the best!

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    The Factions:

Imperial Party:

Emperor Sal
    General Drusus
    Senator Antonius
    Senator Verus
    Senator Flavian
    Senator Honorius
    Senator Quintus

Senatorial Party:

General Scipius
    General Paulus
    General Rubinus
    General Valerius
    Captain Gaius
    The Mob:

Furius
    Arcadius

Prophet of Mithras:

Argos of Corinth

Radulf

I think thats everyone!
    Interesting...

I have been counted among the 'Senatorial' party, though no-one has actually enquired as to my Loyalty....

Interesting indeed.

-Legatus Valerius Magnus

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    I knew I was forgetting someone!

Also:

Travelling Merchant/Lion Tamer/Organizer of Chariot Races and Gladitorial Combats

Franzicus of Noricum
    Thou hast still forgotten the name of FATE. Or has thou been unawares of the turning of the great wheel......?

Leave a comment:

• Colonel Sennef
    replied
    The Factions:

Imperial Party:

Emperor Sal
    General Drusus
    Senator Antonius
    Senator Verus
    Senator Flavian
    Senator Honorius
    Senator Quintus

Senatorial Party:

General Scipius
    General Paulus
    General Rubinus
    General Valerius
    Captain Gaius
    Ghost of Senator Plinius from the netherworld
    I have the feeling his support will come in useful

I think thats everyone!
    Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 15 Apr 09, 15:05.

Leave a comment:

• Captain General
    replied
    Originally posted by skoblin View Post
    How poor is Roman intelligence these days, when even poor Germanic tribes, fighting for their lives, are aware of the existence of Dacian warriors under the command of Lysurganus.......
    I knew I was forgetting someone!

Also:

Travelling Merchant/Lion Tamer/Organizer of Chariot Races and Gladitorial Combats

Franzicus of Noricum

Leave a comment:

• Alexander
    replied
    Originally posted by skoblin View Post
    How poor is Roman intelligence these days, when even poor Germanic tribes, fighting for their lives, are aware of the existence of Dacian warriors under the command of Lysurganus.......

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied

I think thats everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Captain General
    replied
    The Factions:

Imperial Party:

Emperor Sal
    General Drusus
    Senator Antonius
    Senator Verus
    Senator Flavian
    Senator Honorius
    Senator Quintus

Senatorial Party:

General Scipius
    General Paulus
    General Rubinus
    General Valerius
    Captain Gaius
    The Mob:

Furius
    Arcadius

Prophet of Mithras:

Argos of Corinth

Radulf

I think thats everyone!
    Funny how almost all the Senators are pro Emperor and most Generals are Republicans.

Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Captain General
    replied
    The Factions:

Imperial Party:

Emperor Sal
    General Drusus
    Senator Antonius
    Senator Verus
    Senator Flavian
    Senator Honorius
    Senator Quintus

Senatorial Party:

General Scipius
    General Paulus
    General Rubinus
    General Valerius
    Captain Gaius
    The Mob:

Furius
    Arcadius

Prophet of Mithras:

Argos of Corinth

Radulf

I think thats everyone!
    Last edited by Captain General; 15 Apr 09, 14:39.

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    Greetings Romans!

Truth be told, we have no information concerning whom Publicus was indeed supporting or who may have incited him, whether one faction or the other. It cannot be denied that Publicus may have been acting on his own. All that is known for certain, is that our people have suffered egregiously as a result, even though we have inflicted enormous casualties in our defense against a what appears to be a renegade legion of ROME.

As for the Tungrii, we remain devoted to ROME, her CITIZENS and her EMPIRE. We have made no public statement in support of one faction or the other. Our goals remain as simple as they have always been - protection for our people, devotion to Rome, and maintenance of the peace.

Arminus
    Envoy of the Tungrii
    Last edited by Skoblin; 15 Apr 09, 17:47.

Leave a comment:

• Alexander
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    Who is in each faction again ?
    I'm working on a character cheat sheet and can pm you if you want. It is confusing.

Regards,
    Senator Quintus

Leave a comment:

• Alexander
    replied
    Bad news...friendly barbarians slaughtered!

It was with deep, heartfelt sorrow that I recently read a dispatch from King Radulf, leader of the Germanic Tungrii tribe, which I received via a messenger from Maximus, a soldier of Rome who is loyal to Emperor Sal.

It appears that Publicus, former commander of Legio VIII, presented Radulf with an ultimatum: either join them in their struggle against the Emperor and all who support him, or face an invasion of his land and death. Radulf, as a true friend and ally of Rome, of course refused their offer. As a result, Publicus attacked him, invading his territories, despite the fact that Radulf was on peaceful and friendly terms with Rome.

While Publicus had some initial successes--and slaughtered countless Tungrii women and children whom he caught undefended in the fields and forests--Radulf's warriors were able not only to repulse his invasion of Tungrii land, but also to inflict heavy casualties on Legio VIII.

In fact, the reason why I described Publicus as the "former" commander of Legio VIII is that he was felled by a Tungrii axeman during the battle.

Radulf's tribe, though weakened, remains largely intact. However, needless to say, the treachery and breach of common courtesy of Publicus has led the elders of his tribe to become anti-Roman once more.

The Trungii are now in desperate need of food, money, and other aid. If not given these, who can tell whether Radulf can keep his people under control? We may soon have a revolt on our hands in Germania...

Meanwhile, the shattered and bloodied remnants of Legio VIII have been taken over by Tiberius Decimus, whom my sources say is very inclined to support the usurpers and opponents of Emperor Sal, and who will also most likely attack the Trungii as soon as he has the chance.

Things are rapidly getting out of hand...while I do not know who is behind all of this, I have my suspicions. IF this was not the doing of Gaius et al., and IF it was not their intent to attack Radulf, then they had better be quick to say so, and explain their actions. I doubt that Publicus was acting on his own initiative, but rather following orders in presenting that ultimatum to Radulf and subsequently attacking him...I smell a rat, and I suspect it may be Gaius...time will tell whether my suspicions are true or not...

You, my fellow citizens of Rome, may say whatever you wish about me and other politicians like myself. I, for one, am honestly striving to bring peace, stability, and calm to Rome once more, as are many of my fellow Senators, and many generals.

Sincerely,
    Senator Quintus Vespillo
    Last edited by Alexander; 15 Apr 09, 14:40. Reason: Misspelled "Tungrii;" needed to edit political rhetoric.

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Who is in each faction again ?

Leave a comment:

• Alexander
    replied
    Originally posted by TankBrigade View Post
    You sure know where to find pictures for effect! Let us hope whoever wins this war is not against the emperor at the very least.
    Seconded! Great pictures FATE. They add to the suspense.

I beg that all Romans put aside their political differences--however deep, divisive, and debilitating they might be--and spend a few moments in heartfelt prayer to their God or gods, asking that the current civil war might reach a swift end, and might be decided in favor of justice, peace, and the true and legal authority in Rome: Emperor Salinatorius.

If this does not occur, Rome will begin a long, dark, terrible descent into anarchy, implosion, and self-destruction. Who can tell if it will still survive a few generations or even decades from now...

Stability is what we need now. All true Romans will work not for their own personal gain, not our of a spirit of political favoritism, not out of ambition or greed or envy or malice or spite or hatred, but out of an honest desire for peace, stability, and happiness, both in Rome and throughout the Empire.

Hail, people and generals of Rome!
    Hail, my fellow Senators!
    Hail, Emperor Salinatorius!

Regards,
    Senator Quintus Vespillo

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X