Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
    9th of September, 82 A.D.

After a late night at the “Slaughtered Lamb”, Karma, citizen of Rome was returning to his residence when suddenly, unsuspectingly, he was pulled into a darkened alley.
    There, under the cover of the moonless night, he was kicked and punched repeatedly by three thugs.
    He was left there in pain for a few hours bleeding profusely until an unknown passer-by, hearing his moans, decided –as a good Roman citizen- to come his aid.
    Karma’s benefactor, a retired old tribune, carried him on his back to his home and ordered his personal phycisian to take care of him.
    Having gained consciousness in the early dawn, Karma was brought to his residence by the old tribune’s coacher.
    Karma is still alive, but is in a wretched state: a broken nose, a few lost teeth, a broken lip, a blue swollen eye, three broken ribs and many bruises all over his body, a light concussion is a possibility !!!!

Greets,
    FATE
    What is the Praetorian Guard doing? It is Gaius's fault. If he cannot secure Roman people than the Praetorian Guard should find new captain.

I recommend to people of Rome to stay together in groups and to carry their gladius or anything that can be used as a weapon until this crisis is over.
    "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

Originally posted by Stratego View Post

After a late night at the “Slaughtered Lamb”, Karma, citizen of Rome was returning to his residence when suddenly, unsuspectingly, he was pulled into a darkened alley.
      There, under the cover of the moonless night, he was kicked and punched repeatedly by three thugs.
      He was left there in pain for a few hours bleeding profusely until an unknown passer-by, hearing his moans, decided –as a good Roman citizen- to come his aid.
      Karma’s benefactor, a retired old tribune, carried him on his back to his home and ordered his personal phycisian to take care of him.
      Having gained consciousness in the early dawn, Karma was brought to his residence by the old tribune’s coacher.
      Karma is still alive, but is in a wretched state: a broken nose, a few lost teeth, a broken lip, a blue swollen eye, three broken ribs and many bruises all over his body, a light concussion is a possibility !!!!

Greets,
      FATE
      And so it happens to ALL that mock the Voice of the People !

'Let them hate us so long as they fear us.' Caligula

Comment

My cousin killed for doing all he could to defend Rome. those who are guilty shall come forward or them and there entire familys shall pay for this evil deed.

-Gaius Marius
        Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
        I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
          My cousin killed for doing all he could to defend Rome. those who are guilty shall come forward or them and there entire familys shall pay for this evil deed.

-Gaius Marius
          Have you ever thought of not using threats. We're all getting bored of your barking. Maybe if you try to prevent(gods forbid) crimes?
          "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

we do what we can to prevent crime, but this cold blooded murder was not random or without thought. it was planned.
            Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me

Comment

Murder?

Karma is still alive, but is in a wretched state

Comment

Karma is not my cousin, General Seutonius and Governer of Dacia.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
                  Karma is not my cousin, General Seutonius and Governer of Dacia.
                  Okay.

Now we know that Karma is NOT Gaius' cousin, General Seutonius, or the Governor of Dacia?

Perhaps the Slaughtered Lamb should no longer serve Gaius anymore wine with plumbum.

Clovis - Sister of Cleitus
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Offical Proclamation hung on the building and temples of Rome:

People of Rome,

The Emperor knows that you are suffering,
                    he knows that you are frightened,
                    he knows that you are hungry,
                    he knows that you are all sick of this civil war that is tearing fathers from sons and mothers from daughters,
                    he knows that fellow Romans are killing each other on Italian soil.

It is not his house-arrest in the Imperial Palace that saddens him and refrains him from eating, but his concern for YOUR welfare and the fact that he is
                    unable to halt the enormous sacrifices the Roman people are undergoing.
                    He wonders who is taking care of you now that he is unable to. This uncertainty is unbearable for him and has repercussions on his physical and mental health.
                    However, he has sent me - senator Flavian - a message last week in all secrecy. In it, he has urged me to furnish his beloved people a bread distribution,
                    just to make certain that they fare well and to alleviate their suffering.
                    Obviously, being a loyal servant of the poor Emperor and the good people of Rome, I have gone to the Imperial granaries,
                    to the warehouses of Ostia and to many merchants in Rome in order to organize a bread distribution to all people in Rome.
                    This will, as instructed by Emperor Sal, be happening at the Forum Augustus, tomorrow, the 11th of September, at noon.

Let us thank our Emperor for his generosity !!!!

Come to the Forum tomorrow and show your love and loyalty for our true father, does he not deserve this?

Last edited by Stratego; 12 Apr 09, 03:20.
                    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• I, Bardas Phocas, favourite of Armenia, and ally of Rome prefers action to words. If Emperor Sal has ordered bread for the starving masses then he has my support.
                      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratego View Post

Offical Proclamation hung on the building and temples of Rome:

People of Rome,

The Emperor knows that you are suffering,
                        he knows that you are frightened,
                        he knows that you are hungry,
                        he knows that you are all sick of this civil war that is tearing fathers from sons and mothers from daughters,
                        he knows that fellow Romans are killing each other on Italian soil.

It is not his house-arrest in the Imperial Palace that saddens him and refrains him from eating, but his concern for YOUR welfare and the fact that he is
                        unable to halt the enormous sacrifices the Roman people are undergoing.
                        He wonders who is taking care of you now that he is unable to. This uncertainty is unbearable for him and has repercussions on his physical and mental health.
                        However, he has sent me - senator Flavian - a message last week in all secrecy. In it, he has urged me to furnish his beloved people a bread distribution,
                        just to make certain that they fare well and to alleviate their suffering.
                        Obviously, being a loyal servant of the poor Emperor and the good people of Rome, I have gone to the Imperial granaries,
                        to the warehouses of Ostia and to many merchants in Rome in order to organize a bread distribution to all people in Rome.
                        This will, as instructed by Emperor Sal, be happening at the Forum Augustus, tomorrow, the 11th of September, at noon.

Let us thank our Emperor for his generosity !!!!

Come to the Forum tomorrow and show your love and loyalty for our true father, does he not deserve this?

How quickly this Karma was in defending peace, calm and prosperity! Do we need any of these idealists?

There you have it people of Rome:

You needed bread, you have got it !!!!
                        Look at your power !!!
                        Your true representatives -Furius and Arcadius- have taken care of it THANKS to your support.
                        If you had not spoken, I guarantee you all...NOTHING WOULD HAVE HAPPENED !!!!

'Let them hate us so long as they fear us.' Caligula

Comment

• May the Gods praise the Emperor for his generous donation! Mithras shines down upon the people and those who once wanted shall have their bellies filled!

Perhaps it is time for he who is chosen of the Gods to once again breath the air of freedom?

Comment

• Emperor Sal is still a compassionate leader,
                            may the Gods spare him in these troubled times.

- General Rubinus.
                            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                            Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Comment

• Yet no one speeks of the bread provided bt Scipius...

Propaganda

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratego View Post

Greets,
                                FATE
                                While I can understand the disillusion and disgust that most Roman citizens now harbor towards many of their politicians and leaders, both civil and military, we must not let things degenerate further. More violence is NOT the way to resolve or end the current strife. We cannot let Rome lapse into gang warfare and street violence. Law and order must reign as much as is possible.

Emperor Sal has proved beyond a doubt his generosity and his deep concern for and dedication to the people of Rome. I am VERY glad and relieved to hear that he has ordered the starving people of Rome to be fed. I am VERY glad to hear that the people of Rome have been listened to, that their pleas have NOT gone unheard, and that they have been furnished with the necessities and food that they have for so long lacked in sufficient quantities.

I have always suported the Emperor as the lawful authority in Rome and the best chance at escaping from the troubles--both internal and external--that have engulfed much of the Empire. I am now more proud than ever to say that I support Emperor Sal. He has done the right thing and proved his integrity and kindness. As General Rubinus has said, may he be blessed from on high for his efforts.

This is not propaganda, my dear fellow Romans; this is the concern, the honesty, the dedication, the trustworthiness, the fatherly oversight of a true Roman, a true leader, and our most august emperor--Salinatorius.

I pray that the bread will be distributed quickly and effectively, and that we will now see a marked decrease in violence and unrest in the streets and throughout the Empire (Judaea is still in a state of quasi-revolt; let us not forget this).

I am also praying for the speedy recovery of Karma. I will be sure to visit him often and see that he is attended to.

Romans: this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Senator Quintus

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X