No announcement yet.

SPQR Gameturn 9 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will give the Romans one day to agree to recognize Dacia's freedom and independence.
    The Napoleonic Era, and WWI and WWII are NOT! the be all, end all of Military History.

Properly trained Cavalry can and will beat the vaunted infantry man

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
      Unfortunate that by your words you already wish & want it so!

I smell the love of traitors & the influence of dishonor...

Not the better interests of the honorable Roman people!

'I fear not the tyrants & pity those that do Citizen of Rome'
      No. I do not wish it so, but do you have family in the Roman slums? No, you are probably from the richer parts of ROme and you are enjoying the fruits of the victory in Parthia. And what is our reward, the simple citizen? Hunger and unemployment, even in our districts there is already pestilence due to the misery. What do you know of the common man?

FURIUS
      'Let them hate us so long as they fear us.' Caligula

Comment

Common Man: I to am a common man I know what it is like to be oppressed come to dacia where you will have freedom and land and a job and no form of taxation whatsoever, you will be given a sum of money for whatever mischance of fate befalls you, use it well

This also applies to any roman refugees, any roman commoner or slave who can read, read this to your freinds

To the Roman slaves: Come to my side, shake off the chains of your oppressors and join me you will be free you will have land and no taxes you will have a job where you get paid for your labor, you will be given a sum of money should you injured or your heath fails or some mischance of fate befalls you, use it well

If Freedmen of Ex-Romans serve in my forces you wealth and land will be doubled and your children be given an education

To the Roman rulers:

I tire of this debate choose now, and chose wisely
        Last edited by Klibanophoros; 09 Apr 09, 19:37.
        The Napoleonic Era, and WWI and WWII are NOT! the be all, end all of Military History.

Comment

Originally posted by Munk View Post
          No. I do not wish it so, but do you have family in the Roman slums? No, you are probably from the richer parts of ROme and you are enjoying the fruits of the victory in Parthia. And what is our reward, the simple citizen? Hunger and unemployment, even in our districts there is already pestilence due to the misery. What do you know of the common man?

FURIUS
          And I will add...thousands WILL rise, we WILL have the opportunity. Gaius is too afraid of Drusus and Drusus is fighting his own war. Scipius and Rubinus are in the East. Who will stop us then? Those 500 blabing senators?

FURIUS
          The embodiment of the People's Anger
          'Let them hate us so long as they fear us.' Caligula

Comment

Furius

Join dacia you will have a new and better life here

Comment

Enough of this debate my armies stand ready if you don't answer me I will butcher a roman outpost. But I am not completely unreasonable you still have time to recognize dacia as a free country

Comment

The Praetorian Will stop you.

And Dacia do you really want the wrath of General Rubinius on you?
                Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

Pah little girls fight better than your your praetorians and your still fighting in rome over the throne if you leave it won't be the praetorian prefect who becomes emperor. And what caqn your Rubinius do my men are better than his my tactics and startegy are better. Enough talk you foolish romans will not recognize dacia as free perhaps if we butcher enough of your men it will be pounded through your thick skulls that dacia will not be ruled by rome.

My men have captured all the aquaducts and rivers in dacia that feed into your empire even as we speak I have given the order to pour sewage, diseased corpses, poisons, and all manner of foulness it is already in your crops and killing/corrupting the crops and the land, and it is already in all your major water routes and aquaducts poisoning and diseasing the people who drink it. Only we can dam it off. My men have already attacked the nearest outpost and your troops will be crucified. Recognize us as a free nation and we will halt the attack and dam off the poisoned water. This is the last time I will give you the oppritunity

Comment

The Praetorian will not leave Rome, it was directed at the rebellious people in Rome.

Rubinius will levelyou Dacia...
                    Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                    I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

He'll have to have legionaries who can still fight (assuming they havn't drunk the water by now)

We have attacked the outpost

Comment

Lysurganas,

YOU have not given me any time whatsoever to organize a delegation in an attempt to at least speak with each other...instead YOU have already launched war. It is YOU who want war, not us...order your troops to stop the killing and ravaging IMMEDIATELY. At the very least give me some time to receive permission to come to Dacia to speak with you, and to organize a delegation....and mind you, if I do come, I will be well protected. No dirty tricks, or you will pay in your own blood.

Senator Quintus Vespillo

Comment

Finally a roman who speaks with sense although I do not why you couldn't come without your delegation

I have dammed up the flood for now and halted the attack both of which the Council of the Elders ordered I might add

We will meet north of pannonia (hungary) on the plains I will come with my daughter and you will come with a relative of your choice we you and I will have a dagger and no other weapons or armor. I give you my word you and your relative will be unharmed. Unless you come to talk of freedom for Dacia I have nothing to say to you Roman

Comment

Originally posted by Klibanophoros View Post
                            I assure you romans that the moment your men set foot in my lands I will break you have forgotten what Arminius did? I assure I will not stop at destroying your legions I will unleash plague and famine on rome, you cannot win you are bled white in Armenia and Persia do you honestly think that the parthians will take that lying down you cannot make peace with each other how do you think you will beat me? All I want is peace for my people and freedom that is what you romans wanted was it not? And so you revolted from the Etruscans and gained the freedom that was rightfully yours I ask only that you do the same for us, there is no need for bloodshed
                            There is a difference between our revolt against the Etruscans and your's. We did not displace hundreds of citizens in Italy like you are doing in Dacia. Not to mention these citizens are those of Rome so now you have crossed the emperor and his senate!
                            "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

Originally posted by CatholicCrusade View Post
                              It is with a mixture of joy and anxiety that I read this letter from my sister Roxanne, who is currently residing in Judaea. Joy to hear from her; anxiety because of what she has to say about the growing unrest and violence in Judaea, among the religious fanatics there. This unrest is largely a result of the current civil war. We MUST find a way to end the civil strife. Our Empire depends on it.

I am beginning to think that the best course of action would be for Emperor Sal to order all of the legions back to where they are supposed to be...or at least to recruit troops in all the provinces. Whatever is done it must be done soon, else we begin to lose bits and pieces of the Empire: Dacia to the barbarians, Judaea to the Jews and religious fanatics, and Rome to the most terrible enemy of all: ANARCHY. Strong leadership is needed from the Emperor; I hope that he will be able to muster what strength he has left, and overcome his current despondency, to lead our Empire once again.

Regards,
                              Senator Quintus Vespillo
                              A most excellent suggestion! It would also be the best way to determine which generals are against him with those that refuse his order.
                              "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

Romans,

Make no mistake,General Drusus is a loyal and obedient servant of Emperor Sal. He only marched on Rome when Torienus and his lickspittal lapdog Gaius mounted an coup and placed the Emperor under arrest. The people of Rome know this.

As for you Dacians,we will tend to you when we have resolved our little dispute in Rome.

Lucius Gabinius
                                Roman citizen and retired General
                                If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X