No announcement yet.

SPQR Gameturn 9 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quintus My Legions still march because it is Quite clear that I cannot trust Drusus after he has attacked a Legion un-provoked. Can you or the Imperial Party Explain his actions. Did you Order this or did he act on his own accord.

Either way this proves one of two things.
    -You party seeks war or
    -Drusus is beyond control of your party and must be stopped.

-Gaius Marius
    Captain Praetorian Guard
    General Felix Legion
    Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
    I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

I ask that I be granted access to the Emperor in the morning so that I may perform the religious ceremonies necessary for this poor tormented soul. After witch I will sacrifice a lamb and read it's entrails for guidance.

Comment

Now we are engaged in a civil war,
        testing us all whether that this nation,
        or any nation beyond us, and so dedicated,
        can scarcely endure.

Some of us here have been forged on a great battlefield of a war.
        Have we now come to dedicate a portion of it
        and lay the final resting place
        in the bloodied streets of Rome itself,
        amongst our own brothers,
        for those who now lay here gave their lives so Rome might live.
        It is with salty eyes that i should hear of this.

Now in the streets of Rome -
        we now cannot ever dedicate,
        nor we can not congregate,
        nor we can ever add distinction as a hallowed place.
        The brave men, living and now dead, who struggled here,
        have desecrated it far above our powers imagined.
        The Gods will duly note, and long remember,
        what we said here,
        but can never forget what we did here.

It is now for all of us, the living,
        to be dedicating here the unfinished work which we have,
        thus far,
        so nobly carried on by Scipius and myself.
        It should be rather for us to be here in Parthia,
        dedicated to the great task remaining before us -
        and that for the honored dead in battle,
        we take increased devotion to that cause,
        for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion -
        that we must rightly resolve and these dead shall not have died in vain;
        that Rome shall have a new birth of freedom.

- General Rubinus
        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
        Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Originally posted by Commodore_1812 View Post

I ask that I be granted access to the Emperor in the morning so that I may perform the religious ceremonies necessary for this poor tormented soul. After witch I will sacrifice a lamb and read it's entrails for guidance.
          This shall not be a problem but you will have a number f guards with you.

-Gaius
          Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
          I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

May the dead rest in peace...

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
            Now we are engaged in a civil war,
            testing us all whether that this nation,
            or any nation beyond us, and so dedicated,
            can scarcely endure.

Some of us here have been forged on a great battlefield of a war.
            Have we now come to dedicate a portion of it
            and lay the final resting place
            in the bloodied streets of Rome itself,
            amongst our own brothers,
            for those who now lay here gave their lives so Rome might live.
            It is with salty eyes that i should hear of this.

Now in the streets of Rome -
            we now cannot ever dedicate,
            nor we can not congregate,
            nor we can ever add distinction as a hallowed place.
            The brave men, living and now dead, who struggled here,
            have desecrated it far above our powers imagined.
            The Gods will duly note, and long remember,
            what we said here,
            but can never forget what we did here.

It is now for all of us, the living,
            to be dedicating here the unfinished work which we have,
            thus far,
            so nobly carried on by Scipius and myself.
            It should be rather for us to be here in Parthia,
            dedicated to the great task remaining before us -
            and that for the honored dead in battle,
            we take increased devotion to that cause,
            for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion -
            that we must rightly resolve and these dead shall not have died in vain;
            that Rome shall have a new birth of freedom.

- General Rubinus
            Very, very well said General Rubinus. Quite eloquent. I agree with you entirely. Let us not forget the dead in the midst of the current turmoil. Let us not forget that we have bloodied the soil of Rome, our fair city, with the blood of fellow Romans.

I pray that God will grant them peace. Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.

Senator Quintus Vespillo

Comment

Originally posted by CatholicCrusade View Post
              Very, very well said General Rubinus. Quite eloquent. I agree with you entirely. Let us not forget the dead in the midst of the current turmoil. Let us not forget that we have bloodied the soil of Rome, our fair city, with the blood of fellow Romans.

I pray that God will grant them peace. Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.

Senator Quintus Vespillo
              Are those the words of General Abraham Rubinus? Great adaptation. Very fitting.
              History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
              _________
              BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
                This shall not be a problem but you will have a number f guards with you.

-Gaius
                That is fine, I would expect little else. I will Be arriving shortly to perform his religious rights.

Comment

Return to Life

Yes senators, it is not Paulus you see in front of you, but his ghost…
                  Although I can still breathe, walk, talk and touch, I have lost all the life in me. Yes, I’ve been murdered, not in body, but in soul. Rome lies in shambles and I wonder how any true Roman can feel alive today with all the intrigue, the lies and the deaths of so many of Roman sons here in the senate, in Armenia, in Parthia and in the Empire itself.
                  Shame on you all to still consider yourselves Romans !!!!
                  Rome has become Hell and you are all walking in it, as I, like simple shadows…on the border between life and death, for that is the current state of our fatherland, it is breathing its last breath…and you do nothing !

I do not know If I should praise myself fortunate to have been saved from a certain death and to live on , but I owe it to the the righteous Romans that have attempted to save me…
                  I also owe it to my other countrymen, our fathers, our mothers, our sons and daughters that still haven’t given up in seeking the truth, the justice despite all that has happened in these last 6 months… It is only for them – for those that still believe in Rome - that I remain here among the living in order to haunt those that have brought our Empire to the brink of extinction.
                  I hereby first accuse Drusus…YES, your hero Drusus…for ordering my death in Tigranakert in July as he cowardly fled to Rome, leaving his fellow generals alone to stave off the Parthian onslaught.
                  Yes, these are the new Romans you all consider heroes: those that order the death of true patriots, those that flee the battlefield at a crucial moment, those that leave their comrades to fend for themselves, those that intrigue behind your back, twisting the truth and mocking justice, those that save the criminals and murder the innocent. Those that have bribed many of you and misled you…

Now I’m sure that my presence here will be prosecuted as soon as I leave this hall, cowardly yelling will fill the air, accusing me of lies, of intrigue of conspiracy with the senatorial party…therefore I will NOT leave this hall, I will not let my name be smeared behind my back. Those that believe I’m a traitor, kill me right here and right now, for I am unarmed…this time I hope the conspirators will show their face instead of ordering someone else to do it…
                  I shall remain here until justice will be done OR until Drusus has the guts to meet me here and to strike me down !!!!
                  Poor Rome…
                  Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by Post Captain View Post
                    Yes senators, it is not Paulus you see in front of you, but his ghost…
                    Although I can still breathe, walk, talk and touch, I have lost all the life in me. Yes, I’ve been murdered, not in body, but in soul. Rome lies in shambles and I wonder how any true Roman can feel alive today with all the intrigue, the lies and the deaths of so many of Roman sons here in the senate, in Armenia, in Parthia and in the Empire itself.
                    Shame on you all to still consider yourselves Romans !!!!
                    Rome has become Hell and you are all walking in it, as I, like simple shadows…on the border between life and death, for that is the current state of our fatherland, it is breathing its last breath…and you do nothing !

I do not know If I should praise myself fortunate to have been saved from a certain death and to live on , but I owe it to the the righteous Romans that have attempted to save me…
                    I also owe it to my other countrymen, our fathers, our mothers, our sons and daughters that still haven’t given up in seeking the truth, the justice despite all that has happened in these last 6 months… It is only for them – for those that still believe in Rome - that I remain here among the living in order to haunt those that have brought our Empire to the brink of extinction.
                    I hereby first accuse Drusus…YES, your hero Drusus…for ordering my death in Tigranakert in July as he cowardly fled to Rome, leaving his fellow generals alone to stave off the Parthian onslaught.
                    Yes, these are the new Romans you all consider heroes: those that order the death of true patriots, those that flee the battlefield at a crucial moment, those that leave their comrades to fend for themselves, those that intrigue behind your back, twisting the truth and mocking justice, those that save the criminals and murder the innocent. Those that have bribed many of you and misled you…

Now I’m sure that my presence here will be prosecuted as soon as I leave this hall, cowardly yelling will fill the air, accusing me of lies, of intrigue of conspiracy with the senatorial party…therefore I will NOT leave this hall, I will not let my name be smeared behind my back. Those that believe I’m a traitor, kill me right here and right now, for I am unarmed…this time I hope the conspirators will show their face instead of ordering someone else to do it…
                    I shall remain here until justice will be done OR until Drusus has the guts to meet me here and to strike me down !!!!
                    Poor Rome…
                    Beware General!
                    though you are no stranger to his treachery,
                    make sure he meets you in daylight as the night is his preferred time for his work. His work being an attempt to seize Rome.

What remains of my Legion makes it's journey to Rome through hidden ways, but shall support you once there.

Valerius Magnus
                    Legate
                    Legio VI Felix Commanding
                    BoRG
                    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Originally posted by Torien View Post
                      Are those the words of General Abraham Rubinus? Great adaptation. Very fitting.
                      Yes, I hope I didn't twist it too much... I tried to retain the same message.

- General Rubinus
                      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                      Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                        Yes, I hope I didn't twist it too much... I tried to retain the same message.

- General Rubinus
                        Personally I think you did a good job of it General.

General Paulus: I will look into what you say. I for one have not brought Rome to the brink of destruction. Far from having any part in the intrigue of the last 6 months, and only having become prominent in the last week, I am only trying to fix as best I know how--by supporting our Emperor in the midst of all this turmoil. I firmly believe that the Emperor offers Rome the best chance for a return to stability, justice, prosperity, and health, Emperor Sal has my support. Ave Caesar!

Regards,
                        Senator Quintus Vespillo
                        Last edited by Alexander; 07 Apr 09, 20:20. Reason: I now know the truth about certain past events...

Comment

Originally posted by Post Captain View Post
                          Poor Rome…
                          I would not think of prosecuting you for blaming Drusus. As long as no general crosses the Rubicon for the intent of taking Rome for himself, I will always be open to him. In fact, Rome may require your services once again! I have here an urgent message from the temporary governor of Dacia:

Arrival of urgent dispatch - 8th of september

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd of September, 82 A.D.

From the military headquarters at Sarmizegetusa in Dacia

To Senator Verus, head of the Roman senate and its people...

I have sent you this urgent dispatch to urge Rome to send me troops in all haste!

As temporary governor of Dacia during Seutonius' absence, I wish to report a large number of Roman fugitives -men, women and children- arriving at our fortress here from the northern border.
                          Frightened, they speak of a barbarian HORDE having crossed the border, brutally pillaging and burning the Roman settlements. They have come unannounced, for no reports of any sign of hostilities have arrived here for the last two years !!!!
                          Although the honorable Seutonius has departed for Rome last month, leaving me with 2.000 veteran troops, I fear that I will be unable to prohibit the futher incursion of thousands of barbarians.

Please send help, for I am unable to manage the survival of this new province with the meagre military and financial means at my direct disposal.

Will you take up this task, Paulus? I am beginning to already recruit Italian volunteers for this province's defense. Should you accept, I will not allow Drusus to lay one finger on you (no matter how upset he is about your arrival), because he and I are both in the favor of Emperor Sal, and crossing my orders would mean crossing his majesty. The choice is yours but I may have to give command to Drusus should you refuse (unless you can recommend any other general besides him and Gaius).
                          Last edited by TankBrigade; 08 Apr 09, 09:15.
                          "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

To: Senator Verus

Greetings Senator, even as we speak my men are pillaging and burning your settlements salting your land and poisoning your water. If your will agree to withdraw your forces from our borders and recognize us as an independent country and agree to never send your troops or allies to dacia and in return my men will go no further, if you do not agree I assure you Rome will burn and it matters not if you kill me there hundreds of men and women who will gladly take my place. My men are eager to shed roman blood although we have not harmed any women and children (Unlike a certain empire I could name) but I doubt you are willing to face us, the memory of our falxes is still to fresh in the minds of your legionaries, we also have a roman general a certain Scaurus on our side so you will lose whatever advantage you had in the past. Leave us alone we will do the same, don't and I destroy you

-Have a pleasant day

Lysurganas

The Napoleonic Era, and WWI and WWII are NOT! the be all, end all of Military History.

Properly trained Cavalry can and will beat the vaunted infantry man

Comment

So the Dacian Lysurganas has drawn a line, and implicated the Tribune Scaurus in doing so.

They shall be put in their place once again, of that we have neither fear nor doubt.

I see that the warnings received by Tribune Flavius regarding Scaurus' ambitions were accurate...
                              Tribune Flavius already watches him, noting his movements and meetings.

Not that I should be surprised to see another Roman traitor reaching for power.

At least being stationed in Parthia under the command of Legatus Rubinus will keep him from being any nuisance when we take Dacia under our control again.

I am Certain the Noble Legate will be able to take effective measures to ensure his cohort goes not astray.

Valerius Magnus
                              Legate
                              Legio VI Felix Commanding
                              Last edited by Arthwys; 08 Apr 09, 10:44. Reason: spelling
                              BoRG
                              "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Unfortunatly for you Scaurus and his Cohort left Parthia some time ago and are guests in Dacia.

To: Legate Magnus

Join my side Legate you and your men will be treated like kings and lavishly rewarded. You will treated with the respect and honor you deserve, those old men in the senate and the masses who control them and thus you have no idea whta its like to be denied what is yours, and to be held back and used to cover their own inadequacies and reap the rewards that are rightfully yours they understand nothing of a soldiers life or whats it like they don't how to win a war or battle and when you win one they take all the credit, I know what is like to be forced to stand by and watch as what you tried to protect and defend is ruined because they refuse to acknowledge your potential, come to my side and it will not be so, here you can grow and have what is rightfully yours. Join me and put your great potential to use don't waste this chance
                                The Napoleonic Era, and WWI and WWII are NOT! the be all, end all of Military History.

Properly trained Cavalry can and will beat the vaunted infantry man

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X