No announcement yet.

SPQR Gameturn 9 !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator G. Aelius Fortis slowly stands and in a measured voice states...

Most Divine Emperor, most noble Senators.

In times long past it has been my honour to serve Rome and her people. During this service I was for a time stationed in Naissus and thus I know of the lands there about.

The old man pauses to take a breath.

I would judge that the Danubius will for a time act as a shield for Rome. Long enough for her to act in her defence. However, the key question is once the shield is breached, in which direction will our enemies next blow fall?

A further pause as the tired eyes close in thought.

Two thrusts suggest themselves as logical. West through Naissus into Illyricum. South through Philippopolis into Thrace and beyond. Each would be deadly to Rome.

The old eyes glint as they open.

I suggest the following strategy. The garrisons of Moesia, Eastern Dalmatia and Thrace be withdraw to Macedonia. As this progresses, swift cavalry forces be sent to observe the progress of our enemy and to see in which direction he makes his attack. Finally, that the bulk of our Legion forces cross the sea to Macedonia. Then with our armies assembled in the latter province, we can swiftly move against the enemy, and then judging the time rightly, attack him from the rear and defeat him. Thus defeated, deep in our territory with our Legions across his line of retreat, he must surely be destroyed.

This I would advise as our best recourse of action.

With a slight head bow, the old man sits down to await the Senates response.

Recorded for the personal history of G. Aelius Fortis, by his scribe Masticatus.

Comment

• Greetings Romans!

We are pleased to have heard that Emperor Sal has once more ascended his rightful throne and that stability has once more come over Roman lands and the Roman people.

It is our fervent hope that peace will once more reign supreme and the forces of division have been silenced.

We hereby present this gift of amber, herring and strudel.

Long live Emperor Sal

Wulfirdus
      Special envoy of the Tungrii

Comment

• Senators of Rome,

The Emperor has spoken with Radulf, The Great King of the Brave and Proud Tungrii.

Although details are still unclear, it is the belief of the Emperor that promises made to the Tungrii by others while the Emperor was indisposed were not honored. Furthermore, it appears that Governor Publicus may have exploited the Tungrii, forcing them to take side against the Empire or to suffer death.

King Radulf has promised to pull back his fierce warriors in return for the completion of food and aid as promised by Rome previously.

The Emperor decrees that Decimus and Legio VIII Macedonia stand down until further notice. Rest assured that there are already Roman forces enroute. Rome will stand by it's agreements, and will enforce any breach of it.
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• As the Emperor returns to his seat after his last remarks, two Praetorian Guards leads an army officer to the Emperor. The Emperor, always interested in his Legions and People, listened eagerly as the officer spoke softly by his ear.

Waving the Praetorians and officer aside, the Emperor bounds foward to the Senate floor........

Senators of Rome!

Let it be known, that Legions of Rome have voted and they have seen fit to award General Drusus with the Corona Obsidionalis, the highest award ever to be given, and only by the will of the soldiers.

Hail Drusus!!!
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Yes We Can

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Senators of Rome!

Let it be known, that Legions of Rome have voted and they have seen fit to award General Drusus with the Corona Obsidionalis, the highest award ever to be given, and only by the will of the soldiers.

Hail Drusus!!!
            I cannot think of a more deserving Roman than Drusus. His bravery is second only to his loyalty to the Empire.

This award will have a new standard of achievement from this day...

I had planned to ask the People of Rome to build a monument to Drusus, so that all might understand his contributions. What better time than now?

People of Rome, and Senators..., will you honor the Hero Drusus with structure of proper importance for his deeds?

Surely he has earned a simple lot of stone at the cost of a few coins, hasn't he?

Who will donate 1 wealth point to this monument? I pledge the first, which leaves at least 4 more points of wealth to raise...

~Senator Antonius "Fat Tony" Soprano III~
            "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Better such wealth be spent such that the people might celebrate total Victory over Romes gravest enemy - Parthia - than to continually rub their faces in the certain & incredulous pomposity of one party in bloody divisions among fellow Romans!

It is to the people to declare Scipius' Proconsul such that the celebration might occur!

Victa Roma

Lowly Citizen of Rome from the streets

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• In these trying times with a Traitor on the throne and traitors running the senate and army I ask the people to move with me and make one of the last honorable Romans ProConsul.

Scipius shall you accept this challenge.
                Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
                  In these trying times with a Traitor on the throne and traitors running the senate and army I ask the people to move with me and make one of the last honorable Romans ProConsul.

Scipius shall you accept this challenge.
                  I will stand for the noble Scipius should he accept the honour, and should it be the will of the Emperor.

Valerius Magnus
                  Legate
                  Legios VI Felix, X Rufus Commanding
                  BoRG
                  "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                    15th (the Ides) of September 82 AD

Rome...The Senate

Amidst the Senate, the voices fill the great space with a hum as that great elected body has returned to its business. The senate is once again in order and the Emperor has been restored!
                    A feel of optimism and purpose flows throughout the chamber.

Rome, though shaken by the unrest and violence carries on as best she can.

While this first session of the newly restored Senate proceeds, the energy is high and the optimism among the Senators soars. As Senator Quintus stands to make announcement and thanks for the mercy granted to the Christians by Emperor Salinatorius, the great doors of the chamber are opened to admit a figure who drags himself as though in the throes of exhaustion to the center of the chamber.

Dressed in the remains of what was once finery, his shoulders slumped like they bear great weight, this figure of a man shuffles to the centre of the floor where he displaces Quintus, who reacts more with surprise than displeasure, backing away and leaving the floor to this stranger.

He is the focus for all attention as around him sit the Senate itself, and the Emperor sits before him. He stands where the great beam of the Sun shines down though the Oculus to Wreath him in its brilliance.

“Noble Senators! Most Devine Emperor! I bring to you tidings of Grief and pain! Hear me! for I am Ambosianus Leto! And bear witness to Chaos!”

The name begins the ripple of whispers throughout the chamber as it is passed from voice to voice.
                    At the same time, the Guards that are supposed to protect the Curia for unannounced visitors erupt onto the scene. With a simple sign of the hand, the Emperor refrains them from carrying the man away.

“Hear Me oh voices of the Roman people! A Darkness comes bringing savagery and suffering! And Dacia is engulfed in Horror!”

“You see before you a ragged beggar! In truth my caravans used to number Scores of wagons! My goods sold and sent for across the known World! Aye even beyond the periphery of the Empire! but it is gone and you see before you now a beggar! where once I held licence and title from the Emperor himself!”

The Emperor Sits upon his throne, his full attention on this man before him. Eyes piercing like that of an Eagle look into Letos’ eyes. The right hand cupping his noble chin, as the left supports the elbow.

“Speak plainly Noble Leto. I recognise you, though barely. What Horror is it that threatens Dacia?”

Drawing himself up to his full height he looks back at is Emperor with eyes hollow and haunted.

“Dacia is LOST! From the North came a host, massive in numbers! They put to the torch all that can be burned! And put to the sword any who resist or question!

The garrisons have been destroyed! Towns and villages are being wiped from the earth, and their occupants flee south to Rome! Behind me the roads are choked with refugees! Thousands of them are uprooted!

Lysurgus is the name riding the winds of destruction! They say it is the name of their leader, and this Lysurgus is brutal and implacable in his methods.

He has claimed Dacia for his own, and made headway to accomplish it!
                    No legions now exist in the province, for they have either been destroyed or drawn into his ranks which swell with every discontented man! and there are many of that stripe given the upheavals recently!

Captured Eagles are mounted at his vanguard! and this Lysurgus challenges Rome at turn!
                    I Ambosianus Leto bring your these warnings! And repeat the warning: Dacia is LOST!”

The once wealthy merchant sinks to the floor of the Senate chamber which is encapsulated now in an ominous silence. The Senators stare at the collapsed figure of their harbinger, drained of all strength. His words echo in their minds, the warning clear.
                    Then all eyes as one, turn to the Emperor, wondering;

What will he do?
                    What will Rome do?

-A watcher in the Senate

Thank you Arthwys for this fine storytelling...
                    I have attempted to negotiate with Lysurgus, but with everything I have going on in real life right now, esp. my current sickness and preparations for an upcoming college road trip, I haven't had hardly any time to devote to SPQR.

It appears as though I don't need to continue negotiations with the Dacians, however, as they've already seized by force what their rapacious hearts desired, and have flaunted and disdained both the diplomacy and the military force of Rome. Ah me, the stupidity of some people...they will soon learn what happens to those who violently oppose Rome with no regard to the customs, laws, and order of civilization.

Also, allow me to take this brief moment of time I possess to thank the illustrious Emperor Salinatorius for his recent just, wise, and kind decree regarding Christians. I am overjoyed and extremely grateful to learn that no more of my fellow Christians will be slaughtered in the arena.

Regards,
                    Senator Quintus Vespillo

Comment

• Originally posted by Admiral
                      Better such wealth be spent such that the people might celebrate total Victory over Romes gravest enemy - Parthia
                      This gets my vote. Sal is Emperor, Parthia is the enemy, what more need be said.

Humble Bardus
                      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Rome now comes with hands dabbled with it's own blood,
                        it shall be hard to shake hands with it.

A monument for the victory over Parthians
                        is on most of our tongues.

- Caecus, concerned citizen.
                        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                        Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

• Gameturn 9 results...

Dear players...

Here are the (incomplete) endresults of gameturn 9 !

Again, sorry for the wait.

As usual the results are based on:

-the poll results

-the behind-the-scenes-movements, decisions and sentiments of the various players

-the dialogues posted on the thread

Senator Julius Poisoned end of gameturn 3 !!!
                          Wealth 4 (+ 4 saved by end of game)
                          Land 2
                          Popularity in Rome 8/12
                          Popularity in Senate 7/12
                          Rhetorics 6/6

General Falco Arrested and murdered/suicide end of gameturn 4 !!!
                          Wealth 0
                          Land 2
                          Statesmanship 0/12
                          Popularity in Rome 0/12
                          Popularity in Army 8/12

Senator Titus Poisoned beginning of game turn 5 !!!
                          Wealth 6
                          Land 5
                          Popularity in Rome 10/12
                          Popularity in Senate 6/12
                          Rhetorics 3/6

Senator Plinius Executed end of game turn 5 !!!!
                          Wealth 7 (+ 2 wealth saved by end of game)
                          Land 8
                          Popularity in Rome 6/12
                          Popularity in Senate 8/12
                          Rhetorics 6/6

Senator Torienus Status is unconfirmed after "Night of the 17th" in gameturn 8 !!!!
                          Land 2
                          Popularity in Rome 11/12
                          Popularity in Senate 7/12
                          Rhetorics 6/6

Captain Gaius of the Praetorian Guard Died on the field of battle at Fiumicinius in gameturn 9 !!!
                          Wealth 2
                          Land 2
                          Popularity Imperial Court 3/12
                          Popularity in Senate 4/12
                          Popularity in Army 10/12

Senator Verus
                          Wealth 6
                          Land 3
                          Popularity in Rome 7/12
                          Popularity in Senate 9/12
                          Rhetorics 6/6

Senator Honorius
                          Wealth 10
                          Land 6
                          Popularity in Rome 9/12
                          Popularity in Senate 6/12
                          Rhetorics 6/6

Senator Flavian
                          Wealth 9
                          Land 7/12
                          Popularity in Rome 7/12
                          Popularity in Senate 11/12
                          Rhetorics 4/6

Senator Antonius
                          Wealth 2
                          Land 2
                          Popularity in Rome 6/12
                          Popularity in Senate 9/12
                          Rhetorics 6/6

Senator Quintus
                          Wealth 5
                          Land 4
                          Popularity in Rome 5/12
                          Popularity in Senate 11/12
                          Rhetorics 5/6

--------------------------------------------

General Drusus
                          Supreme commander of Roman forces

Wealth 4
                          Land 2
                          Statesmanship 5/12
                          Popularity in Rome 9/12
                          Popularity in Army 12/12

Forces currently under his direct command:

Legion III Tertia Scythica "Scythian-conquering 3rd" under command of General Livius
                          3170 infantry veterans
                          50 cavalry veterans
                          780 Britannic swordsmen/headhurlers middle
                          100 Scythian horse archers veterans

Legion XIV Fulminata “Thunderbolt” under General Brutus
                          2790 infantry middle
                          180 swordsmen from Gaul middle
                          10 Macedonian companion cavalry veterans
                          4 African War elephants

Legion XXII Rapax (The Predator) under General Drusus
                          3100 infantry veterans
                          600 light German warbands/skirmishers veterans
                          2400 Dacian and Thracian falxmen/swordsmen veterans (former auxilia Legion VII)

Legion VII Claudia Pia Fideliss (Faithful & Loyal)
                          2.100 infantry veterans

----------------------------------------

General Paulus (returned to Rome incognito)
                          Former governor of Syria and former governor of Armenia
                          Wealth 6
                          Land 10
                          Statesmanship 8/12
                          Popularity in Rome 9/12
                          Popularity in Army 12/12

Troops under his command:
                          100 of the most loyal and seasoned officers and soldiers of Legio IV Scythia acting as his personal bodyguard...

-----------------------------------------------

General Scipius "The Victor of Parthia"
                          Commander of Legio XX and Legio IV cavalry

Wealth 5
                          Land 1
                          Statesmanship 6/12
                          Popularity in Rome 11/12
                          Popularity in Army 10/12

Legion XX Hercules under General Scipius
                          150 cavalry veterans
                          550 Nubian cavalry veterans
                          50 Egyptian chariots veterans
                          200 Syrian cavalry middle
                          170 Cappadocian cavalry middle

Legion IV Scythia “from Scythia” under General Enemongenus
                          60 cavalry veterans
                          190 Arabic horse archers veterans
                          30 Persian cataphracts veterans

----------------------------------------

General Rubinus
                          Governor of Moesia Superior and military commander of the provinces Judeae & Cappaddocia

Wealth 5
                          Land 1
                          Statesmanship 9/12
                          Popularity in Rome 7/12
                          Popularity in Army 10/12

Legion XXIV Apollinaris “Apollo revering” under General Rubinus

400 Roman infantry middle from Legio IV Scythia
                          730 infantry veterans from Legio VII Claudia Pia Fideliss (Faithful & Loyal)
                          750 light cavalry from Gaul middle
                          80 cavalry veterans from Legio VII Claudia Pia Fideliss (Faithful & Loyal)
                          30 cavalry veterans from Legio IV Scythia
                          950 swordsmen from Gaul middle
                          1800 eastern light infantry veterans from Legio IV Scythia

-------------------------------------------

General Valerius Magnus
                          Commands Legion X Rufus and Legion VI "Felix" (Lucky Legion)

Wealth 3
                          Land 3
                          Statesmanship 2/12
                          Popularity in Rome 6/12
                          Popularity in Army 9/12

Legio X Rufus “the Red legion” Troops of General Attius (former legion of Gaius' cousin, Seutonius)
                          3.700 Roman Infantry veterans
                          400 Greek Phalanxmen veterans
                          400 German Axemen veterans
                          250 Roman cavalry veteran
                          250 Roman infantry recruits

Legion VI Felix “the lucky legion” under General Valerius
                          970 Roman infantry veterans
                          230 Roman infantry veterans
                          1.350 Roman cavalry veterans

--------------------------------------------------

The Emperor (incomplete)
                          State Treasury 0
                          Popularity in Rome ?/12
                          Popularity in Senate ?/12
                          Popularity in Army ?/12
                          Popularity Praetorian Guard ?/12
                          Rhetorics 4/6

-----------------------------------------------------

King Radulf of the Tungri
                          Wealth 6
                          Strategical insight 11/12
                          Popularity among warriors 8/12
                          Popularity among the elders 6/12

Commands a horde of
                          70 Elite Hundaskapiz (“Group of Hundred”) veterans
                          50 German spearman (Framaharjoz “Spear Warriors”) recruits
                          100 German Axemen (Marjoz “The Famous”) veterans
                          150 German Axemen mercenaries (Gastiz “Guests”) middle
                          50 German skirmishers (Swainoz “Youthlings”) recruits
                          400 German noble cavalry middle

Lysurgus of the Dacians
                          Wealth 4 + 5
                          Strategical Insight 7/12
                          Popularity among Dacian council 8/12
                          Popularity among warriors 10/12
                          Luck 6/6

Commands a horde of
                          500 Naked Fanatics recruits
                          2000 Dacian Swordsmen recruits
                          800 Dacian Archer skirmishers middle
                          1000 Dacian Falxmen veterans
                          5000 Dacian Warband middle
                          500 Dacian light cavalry middle
                          400 Scythian horse archers recruits

-------------------------------------------------

Prophet Argus of Corinth
                          Popularity in Rome 9/12
                          Popularity in Senate 4/12
                          Rhetorics 4/6
                          Followers 9/12

Arcadius from the Eastern suburbs of Rome
                          Popularity in Rome 10/12
                          Rhetorics 2/6
                          Followers 10/12

Furius from the Southern slums
                          Popularity in Rome 10/12
                          Rhetorics 4/6
                          Followers 9/12

Greets,
                          FATE
                          Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Turn nine was big for the Imperial faction. A moment of perfection...

Hail Caesar!
                            "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                              Turn nine was big for the Imperial faction. A moment of perfection...

Hail Caesar!
                              True dat.

The effects still ripple through the halls of ACG today...
                              "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                                True dat.

The effects still ripple through the halls of ACG today...
                                They see us rulin'. They hatin'.

Page 11 - Fury Unleashed

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X