No announcement yet.

SPQR Gameturn 9 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many developments in such a short amount of time!!!! I'll have to take some time to catch up....kind of busy right now with other things.

Great faux Wikipedia entry FATE! I like it.

Glad to see that Imperator Salinatorius has finally managed to get out of the Imperial Palace.

Regards,
    Senator Quintus Vespillo
    Last edited by Stratego; 17 Apr 09, 11:11.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatholicCrusade View Post
      So many developments in such a short amount of time!!!! I'll have to take some time to catch up....kind of busy right now with other things.

Great faux Wikipedia entry FATE! I like it.

Glad to see that Imperator Salinatorius has finally managed to get out of the Imperial Palace.

Regards,
      Senator Quintus Vespillo
      It has been moving very quickly since I joined it seems. Hope you can keep up...
      “Come and take it!"

Comment

• Mid-Morning

Salinatorius eyes strain in the bright sunlight as he is led through the service gates of the Imperial Palace by the hand of his Brother... there, all Praetorians are ordered to a distance - all agawk in fear & grave reprehension - as Scipius leads his brother beyond them. Once past their earshot Scipius stops... releases the hand of his Brother to full freedom... withdraws his well & often bloodied Gladius & points it to the Sun before his unflinching Brother... then the point to his own heart while placing the grip in his Brothers hand...

The gladius of our Father, my brother!

You taught me well with it...

It bears the scars of many battles...

Victory over Parthia...

Assassins, sent by those that claim you friend...

Our People deserve true answers...

By Your Honor, You Must Command It...

Let us mix freely among them that you see 1st hand...

And they you among them...

Not removed of them!

So you know, our Fathers Gladius has left my possession not once since your 1st lesson to me...

Until Today!

Scipius
        Brother of Salinatorius

Last edited by Admiral; 16 Apr 09, 21:42.
        On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Standing firm to the Gladius he has placed to his own heart... watching the bewilderment & shock of it all encompass his brothers face & the reality of the moment begin to sink in... Scipius barks out loudly to the ranking officer standing at a distance...

Tribune of this Guard!

Pass this order by fastest dispatch to Legatus of Legio X 'Fortis' in Germania Superior:

Move at once with 1/2 your entire Legio - 3/4 of your Cavalry - at all haste & by forced march, if you must, to relief of
          Legio VIII 'Macedon' in Germania Inferior. They stand Victorious, but in dire straits without your reinforcement!

MOVE!

MOVE AT ONCE!

Scipius
          Victor of Parthia
          Guardian of Rome
          Last edited by Admiral; 16 Apr 09, 21:47.
          On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Admiral View Post
            Tribune of this Guard!

Pass this order by fastest dispatch to Legatus of Legio X 'Fortis' in Germania Superior:

Move at once with 1/2 your entire Legio - 3/4 of your Cavalry - at all hast & by forced march, if you must, to relief of
            Legio VIII 'Macedon' in Germania Inferior. They stand Victorious, but in dire straits without your reinforcement!

MOVE!

MOVE AT ONCE!

Scipius
            Victor of Parthia
            Guardian of Rome
            Methinks the Romans need to conduct proper research concerning the whereabout of their own legions. Over the past number of weeks, Legio X has been:

1. In Parthia, under the command of Quintus Flavius
            2. In Germania Superior
            3. Marching on Rome under the command of General Seutonius - according to Clovis, sister of Cleitus
            4. At the battle of Fiumicinius on the Senatorial side - after having come from Dacia
            5. Now apparently back in Germania Superior the day after the battle.....and apparently with all their troops

truly....a remarkable legion....if all Roman legions were such...the Romans could march upon the Aztecs if they wished.....

Radulf of the Incredulii

Comment

• Romans!

If it is your intention to attack a confederate tribe that has done Rome no wrong...then we would like to point out that your closest legion is the one in Raetia. Not that we wish to goad on a potential enemy, but if it is your intention to attack us...than by all means..attack us...but do so with real - not imaginary forces.

Arminus
              Envoy of the Tungrii.

Comment

Mid-Morning

Salinatorius eyes strain in the bright sunlight as he is led through the service gates of the Imperial Palace by the hand of his Brother... there, all Praetorians are ordered to a distance - all agawk in fear & grave reprehension - as Scipius leads his brother beyond them. Once past their earshot Scipius stops... releases the hand of his Brother to full freedom... withdraws his well & often bloodied Gladius & points it to the Sun before his unflinching Brother... then the point to his own heart while placing the grip in his Brothers hand...

The gladius of our Father, my brother!

You taught me well with it...

It bears the scars of many battles...

Victory over Parthia...

Assassins, sent by those that claim you friend...

Our People deserve true answers...

By Your Honor, You Must Command It...

Let us mix freely among them that you see 1st hand...

And they you among them...

Not removed of them!

So you know, our Fathers Gladius has left my possession not once since your 1st lesson to me...

Until Today!

Scipius
                Brother of Salinatorius

My brother, my first priority is to secure the Empire. There will be a time for this, I promise you. With all the chaos, there is very few people left that I trust. There have been attempts on my life also, this matter is not yet finished. For now, Judea awaits you as there are reports of unrest there. You remain my brother, but are no longer "Guardian of Rome", Gaius and Torienus have no authority here.
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Standing firm to the Gladius he has placed to his own heart... watching the bewilderment & shock of it all encompass his brothers face & the reality of the moment begin to sink in... Scipius barks out loudly to the ranking officer standing at a distance...

Tribune of this Guard!

Move at once with 1/2 your entire Legio - 3/4 of your Cavalry - at all haste & by forced march, if you must, to relief of

MOVE!

MOVE AT ONCE!

Scipius
                  Victor of Parthia
                  Guardian of Rome
                  Belay that order. There is only one Emperor here.

Rome has no intention of attacking a friendly tribe.
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by Senator Verus (TankBrigade)
                    Since you have taken charge of Rome for the moment. If you serve the interests of the people, you must send these troops! I may be a member of the imperial faction, but I know the emperor is too preoccupied to appeal to. That is why I come to you so that you will keep your promise to help the people no matter the distance.
                    Originally posted by Tiberius Decimus (Stratego)
                    Originally posted by Senator Verus (TankBrigade)
                    Originally posted by Tiberius Decimus (Stratego)
                    11th of September 82 A.D.

From the headquarters of Germania Inferior, Castra Vetera

To the Senate and the People of Rome

With this dispatch I, Tiberius Decimus, second-in-command of Legio VIII Macedon, would like to report the confrontation we have encountered with the Germanic tribe of the Tungrii the day before yesterday.

After falsly having tried to lure us into a trap, Radulf has sent his horde against us in a cowardly night assault.

Having fallen upon our outpost at Colonia Ulpia Traiana a few hours before dawn of the 9th , Governor Publicus has unwisely ordered a full-scale counter-attack.
                    Without having received any details, numbers nor whereabouts of the enemy forces facing us, he has ordered Legio VIII out of the safety of our reinforced base camp at Castra Vetera in order to engage.

Although the enemy has been repulsed, it has been a Pyrrhic victory for Roman arms ! As if rejected by our Gods for this foolish tactical move, Publicus has been struck down by the enemy. 1.800 slaughtered barbarians have been counted…

I hereby urge Rome to send reinforcements at once. After the Battle of Ulpia Traiana, our forces have been severely depleted. Only 2.800 Roman soldiers can be counted on for active duty in Germania Inferior. About 300 wounded, retrieved from the field of battle, are under my care here at our headquarters.

Please send support in haste, for without, I will not be able to reinforce Roman Law and Order adequatly in Germania !

Tiberius Decimus
                    Temporary governor of Germania Inferior
                    Commander of Legio VIII Macedon
                    Tiberius, how many soldiers would you request for the defense of the province?
                    14th of September 82 A.D.

From the headquarters of Germania Inferior, Castra Vetera

To the Senate and the People of Rome,

Please send me at least 2.000 troops, for I sense that the Germanic tribes from the border are settling in for the kill. Save our province !
                    I will send a dispatch to Governor Horatius Tillius of Germania Superior and his Legio X Fortis for assistance ASAP...

Tiberius Decimus
                    Temporary governor of Germania Inferior
                    Commander of Legio VIII Macedon
                    On the contrary, Brother...

Judea is more than secure.

And as you can well see, it is by appeal of one of your 'humble servants' by which the order was given, my brother... do you not find my issue of this order at such a time anything other than fully bent to illicit your response?

As I have many times shown you & all with eyes & ears... many feign to call you 'friend', but it is now obvious that there are few that truly abide your better interests, they simply bide their time or seek to survive - nothing more.

I have given your freedom after having preserved your life through all that has befallen you since Torienus & Gaius sought your demise... I go now among our people - with you, or without you. If you see not the wisdom of it, but instead rise above their true embrace of you, you are doomed by your own doing.

Drusus will answer for his crimes, as will Antonius...

There is nothing you can do of it - even in my death...

The Honorable among the People of Rome will not go quietly into their darkness!

Better you remain seized of the light I have brought you into, my brother...

For only the Truth & Honorable Roman Justice will preserve you!

Scipius
                    Victor of Parthia
                    Guardian of Rome

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                      Romans!

If it is your intention to attack a confederate tribe that has done Rome no wrong...then we would like to point out that your closest legion is the one in Raetia. Not that we wish to goad on a potential enemy, but if it is your intention to attack us...than by all means..attack us...but do so with real - not imaginary forces.

Arminus
                      Envoy of the Tungrii.
                      My general has expressed a wish for a cadre of officers to train troops raised in our provence at the request of Rome. Germanic foot and horse have long been noted for their ferocity and courage, and we offer you the chance to train our own new recruits to heroic endeavors.

Yours humbly
                      Bardus Phocus, First Servant of Armenia and Ally of Rome.
                      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                        Belay that order. There is only one Emperor here.

Rome has no intention of attacking a friendly tribe.
                        Bardus Phocus, First Servant of Armenia and Ally of Rome supports the Emperor Sal.

If the Emperor states belay that order, then belay that order it is.

Emperor Sal

We will guard against any incursion from the East while you sort out your problems at home.
                        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                          My general has expressed a wish for a cadre of officers to train troops raised in our provence at the request of Rome. Germanic foot and horse have long been noted for their ferocity and courage, and we offer you the chance to train our own new recruits to heroic endeavors.

Yours humbly
                          Bardus Phocus, First Servant of Armenia and Ally of Rome.
                          Honoured Bardus,

You may understand out reticence at this time, when still opposing us is the remnant of a Roman legion, who has attacked us once, threatens still and apparently has an ally in the brother of Emperor. You may also understand our reticence at this time when our only route to Armenia takes us through Germania Superior, which is seemingly occupied by a ghost legion whose allegiance is also uncertain - having supported the the empire in Parthia, the rebels at Fiumicinium and now apparently in some personal contact with the Emperor's brother.

Arminus
                          Envoy of the Tungrii

Comment

• Romans the council has ordered an attack while I oppose this measure I am as much a slave to the will of the council as you are to the will of your senate

Legion XXVI Parthica in Macedonia
                            Legionaries how would it be if you simply could not find the dacian forces. . . for the duration of the conflict(s)? If you do so we will also patrol but there was no battle because we could not find the roman troops it's not our fault if you are all masters at concealment the same applies to the other legions as well

Legion XXVII Pullus in Bulgaria

Legion XXIV Claudia in Serbia

Legion XIII Gemina in Hungary
                            The Napoleonic Era, and WWI and WWII are NOT! the be all, end all of Military History.

Properly trained Cavalry can and will beat the vaunted infantry man

Comment

• Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                              Methinks the Romans need to conduct proper research concerning the whereabout of their own legions. Over the past number of weeks, Legio X has been:

1. In Parthia, under the command of Quintus Flavius
                              2. In Germania Superior
                              3. Marching on Rome under the command of General Seutonius - according to Clovis, sister of Cleitus
                              4. At the battle of Fiumicinius on the Senatorial side - after having come from Dacia
                              5. Now apparently back in Germania Superior the day after the battle.....and apparently with all their troops

truly....a remarkable legion....if all Roman legions were such...the Romans could march upon the Aztecs if they wished.....

Radulf of the Incredulii
                              Hey Radulf !

Good observation of the Legio X... however, it was not unusual in Roman times for legions to have the same number:

Here's a list of all the legions in the SPQR game - at the beginning of the game at least !!!

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...=66481&page=10

There are indeed two X legions:

X "Fortis" in Germania Superior

and

X "Rufus" of Dacia

Greets,
                              FATE
                              Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• On another note folks...

You guys are all running ahead of the game !

Things are being written and proclaimed without my consent or knowledge.

This is not so good for the "flow" of the game.

I know you all want to play further, but in this way I, and the various players, cannot keep up with the main events at hand and it will soon become a chaos !!!

Some problems and inconsistencies have come up and I need to make some adjustments.

Please, a little patience would be appreciated !

Thanks,
                                FATE
                                Last edited by Stratego; 17 Apr 09, 11:08.
                                Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X