X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Originally posted by Admiral View Post

You have MUCH to learn before you 'get crazy', maybe even stupid, in the streets!

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied
    I - Karma - battle not in Parthia, I live among the people of Rome!

I attack no common Roman citizen save the one - you, personally - for blathering ignorant of facts while speaking for the people!

Scipius, as have I, has always been for the people, but never for such leaders that lead them to the abyss of dishonor or their subjugation!

Get a clue & then get real, for some that you slander are your most able & certain potential allies in serving our peoples truest freedom & greater justice!

Know as well that Gaius has secured the Roman Treasury by Scipius order, such that the Senate and despots can not steal or plunder it. Gaius knows that if Scipius says 10 credits come, then 10 credits shall certainly come... thus the immediate expenditure from the Treasury will be restored by the word & honor of Scipius. He did not have to give it, just like he did not have to restore unto Armenia her Treasury - such things are the certain right and domain... in fact, sole choice of Legatus in War - but he instead gives all he has for the people of Rome & returns what is not Romes to them from whence it was stolen.

Victory over Parthia is certain and secured. King Arcasses III of Parthia has surrendered with no demands. That the 3 Legios under Legatus Rubinus & Legatus Scipius endured vastly outnumbered against ALL odds to emerge victorious by only the honor & Roman hearts of their men and themselves - all - after the traitor Drusus deserted his command, disobeyed the last freely given orders of Scipius brother to defeat Parthia at all cost, and took his 4 Legios to March/Sail on Rome driven by his treasonous blood lust for power... Nay, that Rubinus' & Scipius' Legios even survive is a miraculous gift from the Gods of Rome - certainly due to NO thanks, support as he was so ordered, or help from the traitor Drusus! That they somehow wrest Victory from almost certain defeat - following Drusus treachery in deserting them & his order of General Paulus murder - is proof that the Gods of Rome will again smile certain upon the People of Rome that stand Honorably against evil tyranny & refuse to secumb to the dark injustice of fear and subjugation to it once again!

In other words: KNOW your enemy's BECAUSE they are your enemy's...

DON'T just barge in ignorantly and blindly BLATHERING!

You have MUCH to learn before you 'get crazy', maybe even stupid, in the streets!

'Honorably knockin back a cold one' CITIZEN OF ROME

Leave a comment:

• Munk
    replied
    A lie? Seems you've never dirtened your sandals to come and have a look here in the slums of Rome. Do you truly believe that we citizens can live off promises alone? Do you believe that moneytransports arrive from Parthia to Rome in a single day? By calling me a liar, you call the Roman citizens a liar also and therefore you are no better then those cursed Parthians you were ordered to destroy!!! Obviously this automatically makes you a TRAITOR. You've taken up the sword against me and accused me, we've had no quarrel beforehand. It is a cowardly thing to do:
    Attacking the men that want to end this civil war !
    Attacking the men that just want order restored in Rome!
    Attacking the men that represent the soul of the Roman people!
    Attacking the poor citizens - an easy target - with an army of what: 20.000?

FURIUS
    Last edited by Munk; 10 Apr 09, 17:31.

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarus the fear monger
    What is obviuos to me citizens of Rome, is the fact that thousands of Roman troops are mobilized, thousands of weapons have been forged, thousands of denarii are spent on mobilization and food for the troops...but not ONE denarii has been spent these last few months on bread for the people!
    This leads me to only ONE conclusion:

Those politicians and warmongrels don't give a damn whether their countrymen from the slums or suburbs live or die !!!!
    Another abject lie by the scare monger with nothing else on his mind or in his heart than to foment unlawful activities & treasonous Civil War... or just plain dense, enh!
    Originally posted by Scipius
    Hearing of food shortages brought on by merchant hoarding due to fear & the stranglehold of the traitor Drusus upon the city of Rome... I now return unto Rome 10 credits once required of me and granted from the Treasury of Rome such as to recruit 'locally' while in Parthia as Drusus refused to rally to the defense of Tigranakirt - "exhausted" as he was, and certainly arrayed for the 1st excuse to March/Sail on Rome - leaving only Paulus & myself as certain sacrifice until he was forced by my brother to send Rubinus.

Feasts only satisfy for the day it occurs & are the currency of politicians - not of Generals - Captain Gaius, you will cast open the warehouses & reserves, paying fair price to the owners and direct it properly to our people!

Just as I returned unto Armenia its Treasury, I now return to Rome that which is hers!

Rome is her people!

Victa Roma... there is Peace in the east!

Scipius has previously poured more money into Rome such as to feed and aid the people of Rome - his people - than the Government of Rome ever has at any one time!

Trust me, folks, if he's truly starvin then he's just to lazy to get off his kiester to get to the food!

Last edited by Admiral; 10 Apr 09, 16:54.

Leave a comment:

• Klibanophoros
    replied
    So will you come to a land of opprotunity and freedom where you and your loved ones will have a better life and a future or stay in your slum and rot? Your choice, if your unwilling to make the effort we don't want you anyway

Leave a comment:

• Klibanophoros
    replied
    Simple I will set aside some of my own wealth and the trade terrifs and the rest of the terrifs will be used to fund my army, educate people, build cities and roads, we have plenty of trade and lots of mines and jobs, and it's not paradise just better than what rome has to offer. I said a sum of money not a large just enough to give you a good pension, and we will provide land a materials but you will have build the houses and work the land

Historical note: Attila the Hun did the same thing

Leave a comment:

• Munk
    replied
    Originally posted by Klibanophoros View Post
    Common Man: I to am a common man I know what it is like to be oppressed come to dacia where you will have freedom and land and a job and no form of taxation whatsoever, you will be given a sum of money for whatever mischance of fate befalls you, use it well

This also applies to any roman refugees, any roman commoner or slave who can read, read this to your freinds

To the Roman slaves: Come to my side, shake off the chains of your oppressors and join me you will be free you will have land and no taxes you will have a job where you get paid for your labor, you will be given a sum of money should you injured or your heath fails or some mischance of fate befalls you, use it well
    Sorry Lysurgas, but I'm gonna decline your offer. I do not carry the love of my country on the soles of my sandals! Your offer sounds much too nice. I do not know how you intend to rule and save your country without taxation and I also don't know where you will find the means to give everybody a large sum of money. It is as if you will be starting a vacation resort instead of creating a strong independent nation!

FURIUS

Leave a comment:

• Munk
    replied
    What is obviuos to me citizens of Rome, is the fact that thousands of Roman troops are mobilized, thousands of weapons have been forged, thousands of denarii are spent on mobilization and food for the troops...but not ONE denarii has been spent these last few months on bread for the people!

This leads me to only ONE conclusion:

Those politicians and warmongrels don't give a damn whether their countrymen from the slums or suburbs live or die !!!!

FURIUS
    Last edited by Munk; 10 Apr 09, 14:59.

Leave a comment:

• Klibanophoros
    replied
    Unfortunatly for you the romans are now free from your despotism and are very happy on their estates in dacia, and a cohort of men cannot citizens throughout the entire empire from fleeing to dacia, I am still waiting for the ambassador

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post

The Praetorian Will stop you.
    Just like you stopped Antonius?

Leave a comment:

• Legate
    replied
    Romans,

Make no mistake,General Drusus is a loyal and obedient servant of Emperor Sal. He only marched on Rome when Torienus and his lickspittal lapdog Gaius mounted an coup and placed the Emperor under arrest. The people of Rome know this.

As for you Dacians,we will tend to you when we have resolved our little dispute in Rome.

Lucius Gabinius
    Roman citizen and retired General

Leave a comment:

• TankBrigade
    replied
    Originally posted by CatholicCrusade View Post
    It is with a mixture of joy and anxiety that I read this letter from my sister Roxanne, who is currently residing in Judaea. Joy to hear from her; anxiety because of what she has to say about the growing unrest and violence in Judaea, among the religious fanatics there. This unrest is largely a result of the current civil war. We MUST find a way to end the civil strife. Our Empire depends on it.

I am beginning to think that the best course of action would be for Emperor Sal to order all of the legions back to where they are supposed to be...or at least to recruit troops in all the provinces. Whatever is done it must be done soon, else we begin to lose bits and pieces of the Empire: Dacia to the barbarians, Judaea to the Jews and religious fanatics, and Rome to the most terrible enemy of all: ANARCHY. Strong leadership is needed from the Emperor; I hope that he will be able to muster what strength he has left, and overcome his current despondency, to lead our Empire once again.

Regards,
    Senator Quintus Vespillo
    A most excellent suggestion! It would also be the best way to determine which generals are against him with those that refuse his order.

Leave a comment:

• TankBrigade
    replied
    Originally posted by Klibanophoros View Post
    I assure you romans that the moment your men set foot in my lands I will break you have forgotten what Arminius did? I assure I will not stop at destroying your legions I will unleash plague and famine on rome, you cannot win you are bled white in Armenia and Persia do you honestly think that the parthians will take that lying down you cannot make peace with each other how do you think you will beat me? All I want is peace for my people and freedom that is what you romans wanted was it not? And so you revolted from the Etruscans and gained the freedom that was rightfully yours I ask only that you do the same for us, there is no need for bloodshed
    There is a difference between our revolt against the Etruscans and your's. We did not displace hundreds of citizens in Italy like you are doing in Dacia. Not to mention these citizens are those of Rome so now you have crossed the emperor and his senate!

Leave a comment:

• Klibanophoros
    replied
    Finally a roman who speaks with sense although I do not why you couldn't come without your delegation

I have dammed up the flood for now and halted the attack both of which the Council of the Elders ordered I might add

We will meet north of pannonia (hungary) on the plains I will come with my daughter and you will come with a relative of your choice we you and I will have a dagger and no other weapons or armor. I give you my word you and your relative will be unharmed. Unless you come to talk of freedom for Dacia I have nothing to say to you Roman

Leave a comment:

• Alexander
    replied
    Lysurganas,

YOU have not given me any time whatsoever to organize a delegation in an attempt to at least speak with each other...instead YOU have already launched war. It is YOU who want war, not us...order your troops to stop the killing and ravaging IMMEDIATELY. At the very least give me some time to receive permission to come to Dacia to speak with you, and to organize a delegation....and mind you, if I do come, I will be well protected. No dirty tricks, or you will pay in your own blood.

Senator Quintus Vespillo

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X