• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    We shall live forever. We are BoRG...
    Or at least as long as our signatures hold out.

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied
    We shall live forever. We are BoRG.

Marcus Drusus became known as Drusus Italicus.
    Indeed we shall!

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    We shall live forever. We are BoRG.

Marcus Drusus became known as Drusus Italicus.

Leave a comment:

• Captain General
    replied
    Originally posted by Admiral View Post
    Yeah, another one of us dead guys.

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied
    Yeah, another one of us dead guys.

Leave a comment:

• Captain General
    replied
    Anybody remember who I was?

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Good stuff. Thanks for saving those. Poor Crabbius Irritatus was hanging on for dear life. Any chance you have anything left to show how really screwed Valerius was after the last battle of the game?
    Originally posted by Stratego View Post
    Who was Valerius again?

Well...it's been 4 years ago

Greets,
    Stratego
    Valerius was Me... and all I have to say is OUCH!

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    Good stuff. Thanks for saving those. Poor Crabbius Irritatus was hanging on for dear life. Any chance you have anything left to show how really screwed Valerius was after the last battle of the game?
    Who was Valerius again?

Well...it's been 4 years ago

Greets,
    Stratego

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    Second part of June and the Siege of Nibis...

Greets,
    FATE
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    While cleaning up today I was amazed to find a substantial amount of old documents on our SPQR game.
    Before throwing them away, I decided to scan them in and post them here for anyone with interest to see them.

Below the maps I used for the Campaign against Parthia from April 82AD until August 82AD (movements of troops etc...):

Greets,
    FATE
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Aftermath

26 August 82 AD Night
    Nisiblis, Parthia.

Smoke still thickens the air with the sour stench of death as the darkness is by the hellish glow of the flames which continue to lick over the ramparts of the City's Shattered walls.

Tales of the destruction of Nisiblis already fly ahead of the Victorius Legions, carrying the horror of the day and the warning to those that may have forgotten; spreading like ripples through the Empire and beyond, and to Rome itself.

Making waves as it moves.

The buildings weakened by Roman agents hidden within the city lay shattered, those streets not littered with rubble, the dead or both stand empty of even the dogs. No Ravens or vultures circle waiting to feed. Death surrounds the city, suffuses it.

the Legions themselves did no looting, so complete was the devastation, and the dead? the dead lay everywhere.

It is rumored already among the troops that the King was taken by the Legates Scipius and Rubinus and made to swear fealty to The Empire, not as client but as supplicant, taking his son as hostage to ensure his obedience.

The fires created by the Legions cleanse what remains rather than leaving it to rot.

Even then they know that it will be years before life return to this place.

As the great camps are struck and the Legions prepare to leave with the coming of the dawn, each man wonders where they will head next as the eyes of Scipius look to Rome.

-A Rumor. Carried on the winds.

Leave a comment:

• Alexander
    replied
    Fantastic news! Scipius, as the Supreme Military Commander in Parthia and Armenia, I must heartily and gratefully commend your work, and the work of your generals, in defeating the Parthian army in your recent campaign. Though, as you have pointed out, our war with Parthia is not over yet, the recent campaign near Nsibis was a job well done! I applaud your strategy of letting the Parthians hole themselves up in the city of Nsibis, and then proceeding to NOT attack them, thus foiling their all-too-transparent plan to have you smash your heads against their fortifications. Again, a job well done.

Together with my fellow loyal Roman senators, I salute you.

Regards,
    Senator Quintus Vespillo
    Last edited by Alexander; 04 Apr 09, 21:54.

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied
    Tribunes, Soldiers of Rome and Armeina:

When Parthian forces made the tactical blunder of assuming that Roman forces would habitually & hastily seek earth shattering engagement of their forces, regardless of location or disposition, the mold of their defeat was cast. By their retreat back into the fortified city of Nisibis following our glorious rout of them on the immediate cusp of their renewed offensive on Armenia, they mistakenly placed themselves within the confines of their own self made prison. Their only hope of victory in the siege of Nisibis was by harried engagement of forces filled with - and blinded by - a blood lust for total destruction of their fortified redoubt.

As has so obviously been my strategic judgment - from the very conclusion of their rout & beginning of this fortuitous happenstance - by observation, consideration & logical deduction of their own self induced predicament... that one only need enforce & influence the conditions of their own imprisonment, harrasingly from without & insidiously - as well as covertly - from within, to win by ultimately denying them the strategic thing they depended upon & sought most - an ultimate gnashing & tactical advantage played upon the irrationality inherent in a blood lust blinded assault against a nearly immovable object.

Nay, Tribunes of Rome... we have not - nor will we - be so blinded by sole focus upon the needless & reckless waste of our soldiers, our strength, our very real, tangible glory & honor in remaining as fully intact & ably imposing as to bring ultimate decision in Romes full favor against all of Parthia, not just that portion of Parthian strength now defeated by their own actions by their own imprisonment within Nisibis...

Nay, we have maintained & increased our enemy's suffering, reduced their abilities, & crushed their will for ultimate battle by imposing the realities of their own self imposed imprisonment - by our certain maintenance of it - & its inherent vulnerabilities to their simple survival... and done so while not submitting, as well as succumbing to extreme loss for little more than immediate gratification & fleeting glory which would be accompanied by such degradation & certain cost to our ultimate extant power & ability to remain fully in & able to remain victoriously as the very walls of Rome & Armenia against further Parthian offense & design in this war.

Hear me, my fellow Romans & Armenians... just as it is to ones crass & often decisive disadvantage to interrupt an enemy's choice & conduct of mistaken strategies... so, too, is it to ones own strategic advantage to encourage their pursuits of them & tactically play upon the result in such manner as to magnify the devastating consequences wrought upon an enemy by their own pursuit & conduct of such flawed tactics.

Even in pursuit of holding Phraates to his prison & our covert harassments within it, our own forces have sustained losses approaching 30% - primarily among our lesser experienced, hardened & battle wise recruits. If you find yourself questioning the wisdom of our seeming lack of all out offensive actions, weigh it against the certain casualties & losses which would have been certain had all out Roman offensive - the hand wielding Gladius - against the stone wall of Nisibis - offering those within the luxury of passive protection from whence to visit certain devastation & attrition upon the unprotected - would have yielded, then ask yourself how the result would serve all Romes expectation & resolve that we remain steadfastly opposed to, & ultimately victorious against all Parthia!

We are victorious at Nisibis - this is certain - but Nisibis is not all Parthia!

Roman Victory against Parthia comes only when all Parthia submits to the concession of it by Parthian Decree & total withdrawal from the conflict & demands beyond their borders... or its total military defeat & full civil submission to Rome is complete!

It is difficult to refrain warriors from the conduct of their craft...

It is equally difficult to remain seized of ones strategic & tactical wits such that one realizes victory in the face of defeat!

Regardless of the treachery & total desertion of the greater portions of Roman power in the east under the traitor Drusus...

The Victorious Legio's Of Rubinus & Scipius Stand To Our Duty & Roman Charge!

We remain commited to the better interests of all Rome and her people!

Victa Roma!

Scipius
    General of Rome
    Legatus - Legio IV, Legio XX

Governor of Cappadocia & Judea

Supreme Military Commander - Parthia/Armenia
    Guardian of Rome

Leave a comment:

• Klibanophoros
    replied
    Well shoot oh well thanks for trying Stratego

BTW since I was cheated of my glory may I march back to rome and perhaps regain my honor?

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X