Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indeed, all Scouts out!

Let us reconoiter our approach.

Crabbus, you are free to begin your southern 'excursions' as you please...

Send for reinforcements should you need them!

ALL... stay in contact with each other, here... plan & coordinate!

Arses the Scythian... you need some Cav... take XXIV-V!

Scipius
    Last edited by Admiral; 18 Feb 09, 12:14.
    On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Has Publius Scaurus “the Scar” gotten a force?

If so, I guess we can begin...

All I need to know now is where the different troops and their officers will be positioned on the map (or OFF the map ). Once this has been done, I will give you a short description of what the Romans can "see"...then the orders can be given and the first Roman movements will be made !!!
      To this, I will react according to MY (Parthian) predetermined moves...

And I have some nice "suprises" for you Romans

Hahahahahaha

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• The order of the day...

March on Babylon, leave the Parthian babies to their mothers skirts!

(HAR - Kidding!)
        On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• With my quality of 1 am I allowed to make reasonable suggestions for the order of march, or since my unit is more mobile than most, take the extra time saved getting to an objective to go sightseeing (like Seleucis).
          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
            With my quality of 1 am I allowed to make reasonable suggestions for the order of march, or since my unit is more mobile than most, take the extra time saved getting to an objective to go sightseeing (like Seleucis).

Troops with a quality of 1 are not so good, in fact they are very poorly disciplined and loot and plunder wherever and whenever they can. They have the tendency to ignore orders or to mutiny if they do not get paid enough or flee the field of battle if there is but the least of a chance that defeat might occur...

It is better to have a score of 6 on all the qualities !!!

Greets,
            FATE
            Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

BORG

Comment

• I plan to advance on the Oases, first Ara, and then Charax.
              Take them at night, and then advance to the Watch Tower on Mt Tiglaran.
              I feel night marches will reduce our visibility.

Suggestions Legatus?
              BoRG
              "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• I believe my unit, with it's veteran soldiers and 6 quality, should hold the center of our approach!

Enemnogenus (the Short)
                History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                _________
                BoRG

Comment

• I believe you should all pack up, let me have ALL of Armenia and head to Rome to watch a battle which will be taking place soon !!!!

Greets,
                  Phraates...euh FATE (sorry, sometimes I just don't know who I am anymore, it's so confusing FATE, Phraates, Napoleon, Stratego, Honey, Jason, Dad, Jerk...)

BORG

Comment

• Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                    Indeed, all Scouts out!

Scipius
                    Excellent choice for me.
                    "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

• Hey, I need a couple of onaugers to launch those leper corpses and diseased goats!

Crabbus Irritatus - Romeland Security Director
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                        Hey, I need a couple of onaugers to launch those leper corpses and diseased goats!

Didn't the Populus Unitas outlaw Biological Weapons? You're gonna have Hans Blix on our @$$!
                        History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                        _________
                        BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
                          Didn't the Populus Unitas outlaw Biological Weapons? You're gonna have Hans Blix on our @$$!
                          Bah, all they do is bitch and moan. Besides, Rome pays all the bills.

Anyhow......it is already too late, the mice and rats have been smuggled in and released.

Oh, by the way..............
                          ROMAN SOLDIERS, DO NOT CONSUME ANY WATER AND FOOD THAT YOU MAY COME ACROSS IN THE THE CITY. KEEP YOUR HORSES AWAY FROM THE WATER TROUGHS AND FEED BINS. DO NOT GO INSIDE TEMPLES, AND TRY NOT TO STAND TOO CLOSE TO THE CITY WALLS!

Last edited by Salinator; 19 Feb 09, 01:11.
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Query: how many Engineers do we have available? I have a 'project' for them. In addition how many onagers do we have available?
                            BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                              Indeed, all Scouts out!

Scipius
                              Apologies for my ignorance, but do we plan and coordinate right here? throw our suggestions out and see what sticks?
                              BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                                With my quality of 1 am I allowed to make reasonable suggestions for the order of march, or since my unit is more mobile than most, take the extra time saved getting to an objective to go sightseeing (like Seleucis).
                                Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                                Troops with a quality of 1 are not so good, in fact they are very poorly disciplined and loot and plunder wherever and whenever they can. They have the tendency to ignore orders or to mutiny if they do not get paid enough or flee the field of battle if there is but the least of a chance that defeat might occur...
                                My men are veterans. Its me whos got the crapo quality. Do I have a decent nco or are we hurtling off towards the nearest fleshpot (may explain my popularity!).
                                How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                                Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X