• Salinator
    replied
    Dispatch to Roman Forces

Dispatch to Roman Forces
    Sent by Crabbus Irritatus
    From somewhere in Nisiblus,
    exact location indisclosed.......

Comrades,

We have managed to collapse the roofs of V temples. A third of the city wells have been compromised, and we continue to target the remainder. We have contaminated their strategic grain reserve by wetting it down with sewerage water and introducing many hungry and diseased rodents.

The fools have already greedily integrated our sick goats into their herds and we estimate that a complete lost of their grazing livestock within II to III weeks. Our attempt to infiltrate their fowl stock did not bear fruit when our diseased chickens all died before deployment because Lucius Tungus overlooked the requisition forms to secure adequete chicken feed.

Team Crabbus has also managed to introduce a lot of bark extract into the feed stores of the Parthian Cavalry. Expect many horses with bad gas problems and some mean cases of runs.

It appears that we did not have enough leper corpses. Who will go collect more?

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    Everyone will .

In honour of your name I may have to start a King Arthur thread . Just need to dust off some old books .
    Ahhh! It gladdens the heart to see others have read more than just the fiction!.

You make the thread and I'm there!

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
    Cheers!

I like to entertain, but if I start to annoy please let me know.
    Everyone will .

In honour of your name I may have to start a King Arthur thread . Just need to dust off some old books .

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by Torien View Post
    Arthwys, good job keeping the thread going. Looks like it will be another week until everyone is ready to start this.

You are a most welcome addition to our group.
    Cheers!

I like to entertain, but if I start to annoy please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied
    Arthwys, good job keeping the thread going. Looks like it will be another week until everyone is ready to start this.

You are a most welcome addition to our group.

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    City of Nisiblis
    The Night of Fear
    July 82 A.D.

Throughout the streets words whisper faster than wind. "The Romans are coming! They're camped outside the City!" Few are those who will speak of this in the daylight, fearing the penalty for stirring fear among the populace.

The gates sealed as they are, offer less the feeling of security than the emotions of being trapped. They know the Legions and what they are capable of...

Strange doings and accidents throughout the city, striking even the holy places bring the questions whispered in shadows about the anger of the Gods, and how they may be abandoning the people of the city.

These nightmare thoughts, and the stories of the Legions bloody and brutal exploits brought in by refugees funneled to the city from the outlying lands serve to turn the very air into a miasma that is palpable.

The only hope comes from the rumors of the Army, somewhere to the east or possibly the south that is coming to relieve them of the Roman oppressors... but there have been so many rumors.

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
    Patience Quintus Flavius, the time will come soon enough.

And when that day comes we shall roll on forth and become unstoppable when we all act as a team. Trust me, the battle will be a glorious one.

- General Rubinus
    Ave My General

Indeed my trust in you is implicit. I have full faith in the effectiveness of our Arms and Tactics. I am as you know a Soldier of action and waiting goes against my basic nature.

I await the call

Quintus Flavius
    Tribune
    Legio XXIV-II

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    I thought the higher powers (stratego) that be had vanished. Turns out caught up in red tape.
    Of course I'm still here !
    And I'm keeping an eye out. No worries

Well get there. All in time...all in time good friends !

Greets,
    FATE

Leave a comment:

• Achtung Baby
    replied
    Ave Legatus Rubinus.

Not meaning to burden you, I am however moved to ask:

What penalties will my troops face should they attack now rather than waiting for our Brothers to be ready?

Quintus Flavius
    Tribune
    Legio XXIV-II
    Patience Quintus Flavius, the time will come soon enough.

And when that day comes we shall roll on forth and become unstoppable when we all act as a team. Trust me, the battle will be a glorious one.

- General Rubinus

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    I thought the higher powers (stratego) that be had vanished. Turns out caught up in red tape.
    Stratego is still here. No red tape.

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Ave Legatus Rubinus.

What penalties will my troops face should they attack now rather than waiting for our Brothers to be ready?

Quintus Flavius
    Tribune
    Legio XXIV-II

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Ave Legatus Rubinus.

Quintus Flavius
    Tribune
    Legio XXIV-II

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Can we assume those who have not yet posted orders have been wiped out by a sneaky Parthian ambush?
    I am hoping not, we may need their troops

Quintus Flavius
    XXIV-II Commanding

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Can we assume those who have not yet posted orders have been wiped out by a sneaky Parthian ambush?

Leave a comment:

• Patton 7079
    replied
    No map as of yet and I think we still have a few more to go.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X