• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthwys
    replied
    No Worries Fate!

there's always another game...and another day

Here's the question though: do our Legions return to Rome to help face down Drusus?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    Hey Guys!!!!!!!

I am STILL in the city, hiding in hay and straw! All the local food and water has been poisoned by me, and the provisions that I brought along is running out!!!!!

Crabbus Irritatus - A very hungry and thirsty Director of Romeland Security
    No onagers to fling yourself to freedom?

Well fate did say the offensive was successful... come out of the hay!

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    Hey Guys!!!!!!!

I am STILL in the city, hiding in hay and straw! All the local food and water has been poisoned by me, and the provisions that I brought along is running out!!!!!

Crabbus Irritatus - A very hungry and thirsty Director of Romeland Security

Leave a comment:

• Torien
    replied
    XX-III - Enemnogenus the Short

So we can say that Enemnogenus and his hearty band of veterans won the day when they stormed the gates and took the city by storm?

Leave a comment:

• Patton 7079
    replied
    This is not a problem. YOu are still doing great herr Stratego.

Leave a comment:

• Alexander
    replied
    I agree with you FATE. Considering the current political turmoil in Rome, trying to handle an offensive against Parthia at the same time is a bit much, esp. when you're the only one actually running everything....

Glad to know we ultimately defeated the Parthians though.

Regards,
    Senator Quintus Vespillo

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    Apologies...

To the various players of the Roman legions in and around Nisibis - absent or present,

It seems as if the Parthian Offensive seems to be unable to take a start due to various reasons. Therefore, I feel that I must stop the campaing…not only because it doesn’t seem to start, but also due to the situation in the Roman SPQR which is running behind.
    Perhaps it wasn’t such a wise choice to start more games at the same time…too much work, too many people, too many situations !!!

I kinda compare it to the Roman Empire...growing much too large in the end to be governed by one man, too large to take care of all its problems inside and out. Like Rome, perhaps I got too overconfident ! My bad…

As a sideshow of the entire SPQR game –but therefore, not less important- I will consider the Offensive in Parthia as successful !
    Scipius and Rubinius will have defeated the Parthian army at Nisibis on the 26th of August 82 AD !!!

I hope the various players of the offensive won’t judge me too harshly for making this decision. I assure you that it wasn’t a fun decision to make…but the main game in Rome MUST continue…

Please accept my deepest apologies for this inconvenience !

Greets,
    FATE

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    So...probably time for a Map re-issue showing where we're at.

Pretty please?

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    Parthian Offensive around Nisibis

Phase I: Daybreak till 8 A.M.

1st of August 82 A.D.

XX – II Tungus Lucius

Your road from the village of Zahhad is deserted and desolate, it is obvious that the farmland has been raped and plundered by a large army. Bridges across the river are intact, so your Egyptian charioteers may cross the river.

As soon as the river is crossed, your Egyptians notice the remains of what –not so long ago- must have been the camp of the Parthian army. Of what was once a fertile farmland, nothing more remains. Remains of tents and wooden improvised buildings, now demolished, are left behind. Innumerable blackened circles are the left-over clues of campfires that have once been lit there. The port is also deserted. All the buildings and ships have been demolished or put to the torch.

Leading your vanguard of 820 Nubians on the southern bank, you are disgusted to see a large number of pikes upon which the decomposing heads of about 50 Roman POW are speared. It doesn’t take long before your cavalry is targeted by the first Parthian arrows from Nisibis’ southern tower. Luckily, the enemies range is far too great for you to suffer any losses. Things turn out for the worse however when flaming post are shot at you from the southern tower, causing havoc among your unsuspecting cavalry, resulting in a loss of 5 cavalry !!! It is obvious that Nisibis’ southern watchtower is aided by one of more onagers !

Galloping safely out of range of the onagers, you head further east towards the river, carefully ! Taking a more safe southerly route you approach the edge of the river, but it soon becomes apparent that both bridges across have been destroyed ! Pontoon bridges will have to be made to get across, that much is sure…but this will not be easy, for across the river you soon here the sound of horns. Movement is soon seen from across the river accompanied by the sound of barking in the distance…

It is obvious that Parthian troops are stationed there on the opposite bank. This is confirmed when suddenly hundreds of arrows come flying towards where you are…
    Best to get away for now in order to assess the situation !

XX-III - Enemnogenus the Short

Enemnogenus, your troops of the III have successfully completed the orders given without encumbering any obstacles. As far as you can see, the Temple mount is safe from enemy attacks !!! The Western gates and walls of Nisibis seem undefended and open to a storming attack...beware of the archers on the walls however !!!

XXIV-II - Quintus Flavius

Officer Quintus. As you move your scouts forward, you are pleased to get the confirmation that the oasis of Ara is secure. No enemy is reported in the distance. You may set up you forward base with your infantry just on the southern border of the oasis…it should be ready at the start of phase II...

IV-II - Saulius

Saulius, your troops of IV-II, supported by the troops of Amelius Garbo, have successfully marched along the Roman eastern wing and have encountered no enemy troops while heading south past the oasis of Charax. Your troops come to a halt just in front of the northern reaches of Mount Tiglaran which seem deserted.

IV-III - Tiberius Decimus

Tiberius, your troops - having moved in the footsteps of the troops of officer Quintus – have continued south east unhindered towards the oasis of Charax, protected on your left by the troops of Saulius and on the right by the cavalry of General Rubinus. As the troops of Saulius and the cavalry of General Rubinus continue southwards, you take a halt on the southern border of the oasis of Charax.

IV-V -Amelius Garbo

Amelius, commander of Legio IV-V.
    You have advanced southwards on the furthest eastern Roman wing. Functioning as supporting troops for officer Saulius’ men you march behind them as they head south past the oasis of Charax. Having encountered no obstacles on your way, you come to a halt in front of the northern reaches of mount Tiglaran as the rearguard of IV-II.

XXIV-I - General Rubinus

General Rubinus, with your light cavalry from Gaul up front, you head past the scouts of officer Quintus and past the oasis of Ara. Protected by the troops of officer Tiberius to your left, you continue between both oasis’ without encountering any obstacles.
    Although you come quite close in range of the northern tower of Nisibis, you notice no enemy movements. No arrows are fired upon you. It seems as if the Parthians are letting you pass.
    However, you are soon alarmed by the presence of Parthian cavalry in front of you, in front of the Greek ruins in between the eastern heights of Nisibis and the tower of Mount Tiglaran, just around the hill. The sound of loud barking can be heard from a distance.
    Do you wish to continue on?

So, that was it for the first phase...

Time now to consider the next movements...

Remember that you also have onagers and siege towers at your disposal. Since they havn't been allocated to any of the troops yet it will take one entire phase to get them to the right troops and to get them set up, ready for battle...

Beware of the Roman centre (northwest between Beydar and Temple Mt)! They are currently open and need to be filled up...a Parthian attack from there would divide your army into two pieces !!!!

Greets,
    FATE

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by Stratego View Post
    Quintus...

If the original orders are correct, you will be clearing the oasis of Ara first and building a camp there.

Greets,
    Stratego
    Indeed!
    Scouted, built and invested against unwanted attentions!

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
    Most likely the Fermented fish from the last shipment of supplies...

It takes a belly as stong as the Emperors to eat that with no Ill effects.
    Quintus...

If the original orders are correct, you will be clearing the oasis of Ara first and building a camp there.

Greets,
    Stratego

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Originally posted by allsirgarnet View Post
    The Ague has passed and I still live!

May the Gods be praised.

I and my soldiers are ready Sir.
    Most likely the Fermented fish from the last shipment of supplies...

It takes a belly as stong as the Emperors to eat that with no Ill effects.

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    Originally posted by allsirgarnet View Post
    Sir.

The Ague has passed and I still live! May the Gods be praised!

I and my soldiers are ready.

Tungus Lucius [mucro cuspis]
    I know your moves Tungus Lucius...

Aye Ok !!!

FATE

Leave a comment:

• allsirgarnet
    replied
    Originally posted by Stratego View Post
    I'm starting the offensive tommorow, with or without ALL the orders !

Those that havn't come in by then, I will consider as reserve troops...

They will be able to move in the following phases...

Greets,
    Stratego
    Sir.

The Ague has passed and I still live! May the Gods be praised!

I and my soldiers are ready.

Tungus Lucius [mucro cuspis]

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    I'm starting the offensive tommorow, with or without ALL the orders !

Those that havn't come in by then, I will consider as reserve troops...

They will be able to move in the following phases...

Greets,
    Stratego

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X