No announcement yet.

SPQR: Offensive against Parthia !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic news! Scipius, as the Supreme Military Commander in Parthia and Armenia, I must heartily and gratefully commend your work, and the work of your generals, in defeating the Parthian army in your recent campaign. Though, as you have pointed out, our war with Parthia is not over yet, the recent campaign near Nsibis was a job well done! I applaud your strategy of letting the Parthians hole themselves up in the city of Nsibis, and then proceeding to NOT attack them, thus foiling their all-too-transparent plan to have you smash your heads against their fortifications. Again, a job well done.

Together with my fellow loyal Roman senators, I salute you.

Regards,
    Senator Quintus Vespillo
    Last edited by Alexander; 04 Apr 09, 20:54.

Comment

• Aftermath

26 August 82 AD Night
      Nisiblis, Parthia.

Smoke still thickens the air with the sour stench of death as the darkness is by the hellish glow of the flames which continue to lick over the ramparts of the City's Shattered walls.

Tales of the destruction of Nisiblis already fly ahead of the Victorius Legions, carrying the horror of the day and the warning to those that may have forgotten; spreading like ripples through the Empire and beyond, and to Rome itself.

Making waves as it moves.

The buildings weakened by Roman agents hidden within the city lay shattered, those streets not littered with rubble, the dead or both stand empty of even the dogs. No Ravens or vultures circle waiting to feed. Death surrounds the city, suffuses it.

the Legions themselves did no looting, so complete was the devastation, and the dead? the dead lay everywhere.

It is rumored already among the troops that the King was taken by the Legates Scipius and Rubinus and made to swear fealty to The Empire, not as client but as supplicant, taking his son as hostage to ensure his obedience.

The fires created by the Legions cleanse what remains rather than leaving it to rot.

Even then they know that it will be years before life return to this place.

As the great camps are struck and the Legions prepare to leave with the coming of the dawn, each man wonders where they will head next as the eyes of Scipius look to Rome.

-A Rumor. Carried on the winds.
      BoRG
      'A Battle is the Shield Wall. It's smelling your enemy's breath while he tries to disembowel you with an axe'

Comment

• While cleaning up today I was amazed to find a substantial amount of old documents on our SPQR game.
        Before throwing them away, I decided to scan them in and post them here for anyone with interest to see them.

Below the maps I used for the Campaign against Parthia from April 82AD until August 82AD (movements of troops etc...):

Greets,
        FATE
        Attached Files
        Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Second part of June and the Siege of Nibis...

Greets,
          FATE
          Attached Files
          Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

BORG

Comment

• Good stuff. Thanks for saving those. Poor Crabbius Irritatus was hanging on for dear life. Any chance you have anything left to show how really screwed Valerius was after the last battle of the game?
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post
              Good stuff. Thanks for saving those. Poor Crabbius Irritatus was hanging on for dear life. Any chance you have anything left to show how really screwed Valerius was after the last battle of the game?
              Who was Valerius again?

Well...it's been 4 years ago

Greets,
              Stratego

BORG

Comment

Good stuff. Thanks for saving those. Poor Crabbius Irritatus was hanging on for dear life. Any chance you have anything left to show how really screwed Valerius was after the last battle of the game?
                Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                Who was Valerius again?

Well...it's been 4 years ago

Greets,
                Stratego
                Valerius was Me... and all I have to say is OUCH!
                BoRG
                'A Battle is the Shield Wall. It's smelling your enemy's breath while he tries to disembowel you with an axe'

Comment

• Anybody remember who I was?

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Yeah, another one of us dead guys.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                      Yeah, another one of us dead guys.

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• We shall live forever. We are BoRG.

Marcus Drusus became known as Drusus Italicus.
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

We shall live forever. We are BoRG.

Marcus Drusus became known as Drusus Italicus.
                          Indeed we shall!
                          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                          _________
                          BoRG

Comment

We shall live forever. We are BoRG...
                            Or at least as long as our signatures hold out.
                            BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X