• Show
Clear All

I'm in...

Publius Scaurus “the Scar”

Quality 3
    Insight 1
    Popularity 2
    Luck 6
    "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
      Publius Scaurus “the Scar”
      Arses the Scythian (Tankbrigade)

Publius "the Scar" (Paul Mann III)

It's been noted also...
      Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

I'll take Lucius Thrax...
        Sail on Britannia.

Comment

Enemnogenus “the Short”

Quality 6
          Insight 3
          Popularity 3
          Luck 4

This will be me.

Stratego, great add-on game!
          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
          _________
          BoRG

Comment

Gnaeus Maximus

Quality 4
            Insight 5
            Popularity 6
            Luck 2

I don't care if I'm unlucky!

-Alexander

Comment

And so far, we have...

Arses the Scythian (Tankbrigade)

Publius "the Scar" (Paul Mann III)

Lucius Thrax (Sawman0031)

Enemnogenus “the Short” (Torien)

Gnaeus Maximus (Conlin)

Saulius (Delboy)

Antiochus Pacco (Commodore 1812)

Tiberius Decimus (Patton 7079)

Greets,
              FATE
              Last edited by Stratego; 01 Feb 09, 05:16.
              Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

BORG

Comment

Saulius

Quality 3
                Insight 6
                Popularity 4
                Luck 3

It's time to kick some asses.
                "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

Antiochus Pacco

Comment

Ok...back to the area around Nisibis!

If the Roman generals decide to lay siege to the Parthian city of Nisibis, they will have the following siege engines at their disposal:

2 SIEGE TOWERS (with a battering ram underneath)

4 HEAVY ONAGERS

4 TESTUDO'S

The generals may appoint these siege engines to any group of troops and officers under their command...

Greets,
                    FATE

BORG

Comment

May I suggest the following objectives in the first phase of our attack on Nisbis?

We should first secure the Town of Beydar and the Port of Nisbis. By securing the port, we will be able to cut the city off from their farmlands and also their source of water in the river. We will be able to easily move supplies and equipment. With Beydar Secure, we will be able to set up troops and siege equipment within reach of the gates of Nisbis. The buildings will provide cover and concealment for our troops as well as ammunition for our siege engines.

Second we should use troops to gain the high ground surrounding the City. These goals are highlighted in purple. With these high areas secure, we could post archers and light troops in the towers over looking the city and we could also place onagers on the two mountains to the East and West that could rain down artillery into the city.

With troops on the high ground, we will be able to keep the defenders pinned down and occupied over a large front. Then we would be able to either starve them out or we could assault the gates in a two pronged attack on the gate that would split the city thus keeping our enemy stretched thin on all fronts.

Comment

so when do we start?
                        Sail on Britannia.

Comment

Wait, A war me miss a War I think not.

Ill take Tiberius Decimus
                          Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                          I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

Destroy the Temple of Hyrcanus first. Show the dogs of Parthia how weak their Gods are. Send in spies to poison their food and water. Send them sick animals, and let loose lots of rats. Start crucifying Parthians in clear view of their walls and watchtowers. Have the Legionairs with shiny armor and shields march around their walls just beyond the range of their missiles. Make up lots of different banners and use different ones constantly. Camp just barely within their visual range. Build more camps than needed and at night, light 100 times the amount of campfires required. Have the men sing and laugh, and in the morning, throw all the garbage along with lots of uneaten food laced with disease in front of their walls. Dig trenches and build fortifications around the entire city. Announce to the defenders that the City of Nisibis has been renamed Mausoleum of Foolish Hungry Dogs of Parthia. Show them future map of a Majestic city in it's place named Salininople.

Lucius Tungus - Romeland Security
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

A most significant discussion of these tactics & strategies, as well, any and all other such thoughts & opinions of all parties - for the purpose of planning & execution - is most encouraged of all Generals, & the current 'order of the day'...

I say this knowing the propensity for cunning of Fate...

Imagine yourselves within the box... and be not afraid... rather, encouraged to 'think outside it'!

It is to General Rubinus & I to make placement of our forces, it is to each & all of you to provide us with the greatest possible advice & insight such that we may do so to the best possible advantage.

I fully concur that all tactical elements & devices of chemical & biological warfare (within the reasoning & understanding of the times) should be employed, (In gesture such that will be repeated many times in the future of warfare, I made certain haste to **** in the river upon my 1st reaching the head of it - har!) as well that the Port is of significant value for many purposes to the endeavour at hand.

I would also support fully the significance & utilities of full control of Farm Lands, Oasis & Heights to the task, our sustainance, & our refuge in regard to the potential elements, (when it rains, it pours) observation, as well as trajectories & range... not to mention the utilization of a full contingent - consisting of a few Romeland Security squadrons - of those that serve Rome best from the shadows, from the night, from the catacombs & concealed or working within the formations & encampments of our enemys, thus I propose that Tungus Lucious be brought to the fray & allowed the means & support required to make advantage against the Parthian dogs as they suckle their thumbs & hasten to their mothers.

I also am of a mind that the siege of Nisibis need not be our only endeavour... there is also opportunity to expand upon our territorial hold within Parthia, such that by capture & control of other significant objectives, the Parthian dogs might be inclined to seek breakout or even forced to surrender on terms dictated to our own full advantage...

I appeal to each & all to express all such similar thoughts & considerations before this grand Roman assemblage such that we may wrap all Rome in the glory which grows only from victory in battle against ones enemy's and the Honor of all that seek its doing.

Victa Roma

Scipius
                              General of Rome
                              Last edited by Admiral; 01 Feb 09, 02:15.
                              On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Clarification

A little reminder just as "heads up".

You are probably wondering...why are we discussing these tactics in public when FATE is playing our Parthian enemy?

Well, I tell you, no need to worry:

The strategy General Phraates is going to employ in the following offensive, is already largely predetermined.

The strength of the Parthian army and the abilities of General Phraates has already been determined when the war against Parthia has started (turn 5) and I will also act that way (so in fact you will not be taking arms against ME, but against the character of Phraates)...

As I know how many recruits, middle and veteran troopers the Romans have at thier disposal, when both armies should come eye to eye, it is only fair that I will inform you all, what kind of Parthian troops YOU will face...

Greets,
                                FATE aka Stratego aka Phraates

PS:

Recruits have 1 hit point

Middle have 2 hit points

Veterans have 3 hit points

BORG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X