X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stratego View Post
    Hide-and-don't-get-caught !!!
    ...too late...
    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
    _________
    BoRG

Comment

• Alright, help me out here folks:

Is it so that I do not have the commands of

XX-IV Antiochus Pacco

XX-I Lucius Thrax

XXIV-V Arses

XXIV-IV Publius "the Scar"

IV-I Anaeus Maximus

and that officer Crabbus Irritatus is left in reserve?

Greets,
      FATE
      Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

[CENTER
        Alright, help me out here folks:

XX-IV Antiochus Pacco

XX-I Lucius Thrax

XXIV-V Arses

IV-I Anaeus Maximus

Greets,
        FATE[/CENTER]
        Isn't Crabbius inside the City?
        BoRG
        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
          Isn't Crabbius inside the City?
          I thought he was joking ! How did he get there?
          So he knows how many troops are inside the city...

No fun ! How about my element of suprise?

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

BORG

Comment

I thought he was joking ! How did he get there?
            I asked for Onagers to launch my leper corpses, but no one came foward. As head of Romeland Security, I had to act in the interest of Rome and Emperer Sal.

The details of how I got there will be another thread, SPQR: The Adventures of Crabbus Irritatus and Romeland Security.

Besides, I had all those mice and rats to distribute...........................and lots of other stuff to be revealed in the thread, SPQR: The Adventures of Crabbus Irritatus and Romeland Security.

So he knows how many troops are inside the city...
            Yes and no. Between dragging bodies about, polluting wells, releasing rodents into food supplies, collapsing temple roofs, weakening city walls, compromising horsefeed, and sending messages.................

I am a bit stretched. And try doing all that from a third rate manger while staying hidden! The native spies report back with strange numeric symbols. How in Jupiter's name am I supposed to know what 45,000 troops amount to? To top it all off, the spies say that they cannot do line addition using Roman numerals!

No fun ! How about my element of suprise?

I am surprised already.

Why are there no bloated and wet leper corpses flying over the wall into the city?

Crabbus Irritatus - Romeland Security Director
            Last edited by Salinator; 25 Mar 09, 02:38.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post
              Why are there no bloated and wet leper corpses flying over the wall into the city?

Crabbus Irritatus - Romeland Security Director
              Ave Crabbius Irritatus!

The specification that the corpses be lepers will be challenging as we have so few in the vicinity.

We have however procured a large store of phosphorus with which to stuff the corpses we will have...

Wet, bloated and exploding on impact, releasing a shower of Burning Stone....

Will this give you the shock value desired?
              It is my hope that it is so, as it will also make dealing with those corpses by our enemy's that much more dangerous....

Quintus Flavius
              Tribune
              Legio XXIV-II Commanding
              BoRG

Comment

Alright, help me out here folks:

XX-IV Antiochus Pacco

XX-I Lucius Thrax

XXIV-V Arses

IV-I Anaeus Maximus

Greets,
                FATE
                I'm so sorry I've been busy with stuff at school (yep I'm a softmour in high school ) lately so its been hard to participate in the campaign against Parthia. Can anyone brief me on what is happening with my legion and give me orders to carry out? Thank you!
                Last edited by TankBrigade; 25 Mar 09, 17:32.
                "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

• Yes, yes give us orders and tell me what happened to my recon team

To: All troops, camp followers etc.

Copy these notices and hand them out eat with them sleep with them put them up on poles, on tent walls, etc.

All troops and people in the surround are to dig latrines downstream, they are not to drink from the river they must get it in heated bowls and then boil said water, all physicians are to boil their instruments, and wahs their bodies, clothing, facilites and hands with hot water, after you use a latrine make use of the bowls of hot water and soap outside, after you complete a task or handle objects wash your hands, hot water bowls are to replaced with new ones, refuse uneaten of rotten food is to be carted down to the specially dug canyons and then burned

Corpses are to be burned and camps must be upwind from sewers battlefields, etc.

Failure to comply will result in flogging if the offense is repeated much more... severe... disiplines will result

-Publius Andronicus Virian Scaurus

The Napoleonic Era, and WWI and WWII are NOT! the be all, end all of Military History.

Properly trained Cavalry can and will beat the vaunted infantry man

Comment

• To: Commander Crabbius Irratius

I have a proposal: We recruit Women (provided they are strong enough and can pass the training) into our ranks. It would vastly increase the strength of our legions and (considerably) bolster (among other things) our troops morale, and any children that result will most likely join or serve the might of rome in some helpful way thus giving us an endless supply of recruits

-Publius Scaurus

The Napoleonic Era, and WWI and WWII are NOT! the be all, end all of Military History.

Properly trained Cavalry can and will beat the vaunted infantry man

Comment

Hmm...where are my moves?
                      "All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers ... Each one owes infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he was born." - Francois Fenelon

Comment

• Originally posted by delboy View Post
                        Hmm...where are my moves?
                        The map is not ready yet...

But I'm working ahead, so that I can get things rolling as soon as the map is ready !

Greets,
                        Stratego

BORG

Comment

• Originally posted by Klibanophoros View Post
                          Yes, yes give us orders and tell me what happened to my recon team

To: All troops, camp followers etc.

Copy these notices and hand them out eat with them sleep with them put them up on poles, on tent walls, etc.

All troops and people in the surround are to dig latrines downstream, they are not to drink from the river they must get it in heated bowls and then boil said water, all physicians are to boil their instruments, and wahs their bodies, clothing, facilites and hands with hot water, after you use a latrine make use of the bowls of hot water and soap outside, after you complete a task or handle objects wash your hands, hot water bowls are to replaced with new ones, refuse uneaten of rotten food is to be carted down to the specially dug canyons and then burned

Corpses are to be burned and camps must be upwind from sewers battlefields, etc.

Failure to comply will result in flogging if the offense is repeated much more... severe... disiplines will result

-Publius Andronicus Virian Scaurus

Do not be burning corpses that can be better used as weapons of terror.

Crabbius Irritatus, our loyal Director of Romeland Security ( also known as the ministry of Dirty Tricks and Shenanigans) has stated the need of these resources for psycological missile weapons.

Quintus Flavius
                          Tribune
                          Legio XXIV-II Commanding
                          BoRG

Comment

• In a darkened structure figures gather in the dead of night.

Centurions, Optios, and troopers alike gathering in anonymity.

They have heard the call and gathered, as they "meet the Bull"

The rites are carried in secret, and only the bellowing of the Bull cuts the near silence of the night within the Forified camp of Legio XXIV-II

Their Commander Quintus Flavius has called the gathering and the sacrifice. For the Hidden God must be appeased if his blessing is to be conferred upon the faithful in the upcoming battle.

The auguries are good.
                            BoRG

Comment

• I'm starting the offensive tommorow, with or without ALL the orders !

Those that havn't come in by then, I will consider as reserve troops...

They will be able to move in the following phases...

Greets,
                              Stratego

BORG

Comment

I'm starting the offensive tommorow, with or without ALL the orders !

Those that havn't come in by then, I will consider as reserve troops...

They will be able to move in the following phases...

Greets,
                                Stratego
                                Sir.

The Ague has passed and I still live! May the Gods be praised!

I and my soldiers are ready.

Tungus Lucius [mucro cuspis]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X