SPQR: Offensive against Parthia !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    Can we assume those who have not yet posted orders have been wiped out by a sneaky Parthian ambush?
    I am hoping not, we may need their troops

Quintus Flavius
    XXIV-II Commanding
    BoRG
    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Ave Legatus Rubinus.

Not meaning to burden you, I am however moved to ask:

What penalties will my troops face should they attack now rather than waiting for our Brothers to be ready?

Quintus Flavius
      Tribune
      Legio XXIV-II
      BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
        Ave Legatus Rubinus.

What penalties will my troops face should they attack now rather than waiting for our Brothers to be ready?

Quintus Flavius
        Tribune
        Legio XXIV-II
        I thought the higher powers (stratego) that be had vanished. Turns out caught up in red tape.
        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I thought the higher powers (stratego) that be had vanished. Turns out caught up in red tape.
          Stratego is still here. No red tape.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Ave Legatus Rubinus.

Quintus Flavius
            Tribune
            Legio XXIV-II
            Patience Quintus Flavius, the time will come soon enough.

And when that day comes we shall roll on forth and become unstoppable when we all act as a team. Trust me, the battle will be a glorious one.

- General Rubinus
            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
            Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Of course I'm still here !
              And I'm keeping an eye out. No worries

Well get there. All in time...all in time good friends !

Greets,
              FATE
              Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                Patience Quintus Flavius, the time will come soon enough.

And when that day comes we shall roll on forth and become unstoppable when we all act as a team. Trust me, the battle will be a glorious one.

- General Rubinus
                Ave My General

Indeed my trust in you is implicit. I have full faith in the effectiveness of our Arms and Tactics. I am as you know a Soldier of action and waiting goes against my basic nature.

I await the call

Quintus Flavius
                Tribune
                Legio XXIV-II
                BoRG

Comment

• City of Nisiblis
                  The Night of Fear
                  July 82 A.D.

Throughout the streets words whisper faster than wind. "The Romans are coming! They're camped outside the City!" Few are those who will speak of this in the daylight, fearing the penalty for stirring fear among the populace.

The gates sealed as they are, offer less the feeling of security than the emotions of being trapped. They know the Legions and what they are capable of...

Strange doings and accidents throughout the city, striking even the holy places bring the questions whispered in shadows about the anger of the Gods, and how they may be abandoning the people of the city.

These nightmare thoughts, and the stories of the Legions bloody and brutal exploits brought in by refugees funneled to the city from the outlying lands serve to turn the very air into a miasma that is palpable.

The only hope comes from the rumors of the Army, somewhere to the east or possibly the south that is coming to relieve them of the Roman oppressors... but there have been so many rumors.
                  BoRG

Comment

• Arthwys, good job keeping the thread going. Looks like it will be another week until everyone is ready to start this.

You are a most welcome addition to our group.
                    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                    _________
                    BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
                      Arthwys, good job keeping the thread going. Looks like it will be another week until everyone is ready to start this.

You are a most welcome addition to our group.
                      Cheers!

I like to entertain, but if I start to annoy please let me know.
                      BoRG

Comment

Cheers!

I like to entertain, but if I start to annoy please let me know.
                        Everyone will .

In honour of your name I may have to start a King Arthur thread . Just need to dust off some old books .
                        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Everyone will .

In honour of your name I may have to start a King Arthur thread . Just need to dust off some old books .
                          Ahhh! It gladdens the heart to see others have read more than just the fiction!.

You make the thread and I'm there!

BoRG

Comment

• Dispatch to Roman Forces

Dispatch to Roman Forces
                            Sent by Crabbus Irritatus
                            From somewhere in Nisiblus,
                            exact location indisclosed.......

Comrades,

We have managed to collapse the roofs of V temples. A third of the city wells have been compromised, and we continue to target the remainder. We have contaminated their strategic grain reserve by wetting it down with sewerage water and introducing many hungry and diseased rodents.

The fools have already greedily integrated our sick goats into their herds and we estimate that a complete lost of their grazing livestock within II to III weeks. Our attempt to infiltrate their fowl stock did not bear fruit when our diseased chickens all died before deployment because Lucius Tungus overlooked the requisition forms to secure adequete chicken feed.

Team Crabbus has also managed to introduce a lot of bark extract into the feed stores of the Parthian Cavalry. Expect many horses with bad gas problems and some mean cases of runs.

It appears that we did not have enough leper corpses. Who will go collect more?
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• To Crabbius

If there are any parthian horses that were not fed your breakfast just ah, liberate the parthian horses in my forces (A Ryhme, weee) general direction

P.S I cannot collect corpses I have work to do
                              The Napoleonic Era, and WWI and WWII are NOT! the be all, end all of Military History.

Properly trained Cavalry can and will beat the vaunted infantry man

Comment

• is that not your job to collect the corpses?

Tiberius Decimus
                                IV-III Commanding
                                Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                                I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X