SPQR: Offensive against Parthia !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ave Legatus Scipius

If your intention remains the same to lend your horse archers to my assault, I can use them to harass the archers they most certainly have in the tower, allowing my troops better chances of taking the portal with minimal loss.

With respect

Quintus Flavius
    Tribune
    Legio XXIV-II
    BoRG
    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• Publius Scaurus

To General Scipius.

Greetings my lord. I request permission to engage the enemy

(i.e Assault Nisibis)
      The Napoleonic Era, and WWI and WWII are NOT! the be all, end all of Military History.

Properly trained Cavalry can and will beat the vaunted infantry man

Comment

• BTW is there a way I could get some horses? (And barding)
        The Napoleonic Era, and WWI and WWII are NOT! the be all, end all of Military History.

Comment

• Publius Scaurus...

Opening movements must be posted here, such that all know them & they are charted.

Fear not of Fate, his course is not dictated outright by his immediate desires & foreknowledge.

You shall have to capture horses for yourCavalry 'afoot' & Infantry shall not be Cavalry, but rapid movement of them is a plus.

Quintus Flavius...

Exactly my thoughts...

I concur... I shall conform & render missile fire upon the tower for your assault.

Scipius
          On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• I will move from beydar across the river and send in a few men to launch a probing/scouting/agressive recon attack on the north eastern wall section of nisibis

Comment

• Ave Legates

I bid you Greetings,

As we approach our time of action I feel I must ask a question of timing as to our attacks.
              Will there be phases to the assaults on the city, or will the Units engaging directly act in concert?
              I ask as the knowing of this will determine whether or not I will be Investing the hilltop around the tower.

With all respect

Quintus Flavius
              Tribune
              Legio XXIV-II
              BoRG

Comment

• I will start my march at dawn around 0500 as to avoid the sun and arrive practically un-noticed.

I hope this is of help Quintus

Tiberius Decimus
                IV-III Commanding
                Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• I'm attacking now

HAAKAA PAALLE!! oops

ROMA VICTORIA!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
                    I will start my march at dawn around 0500 as to avoid the sun and arrive practically un-noticed.

I hope this is of help Quintus

Tiberius Decimus
                    IV-III Commanding
                    Ave Tiberius Decimus

Aye that timing would be well for my own intentions are similar, I intend to have the camp completed before dawn and be moving against the tower before the darkness has fled.

Do you have intentions of Investing both the Oases with fortifications?

With Respect

Quintus Flavius
                    Tribune
                    Legio XXIV-II
                    Last edited by Arthwys; 27 Feb 09, 22:02. Reason: not formal enough in the address
                    BoRG

Comment

• yes, and no. I will have minor fortifications but will keep my force flexible incase I am needed somewhere else.

Tiberius Decimus
                      IV-III Commanding
                      Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
                        yes, and no. I will have minor fortifications but will keep my force flexible incase I am needed somewhere else.

Tiberius Decimus
                        IV-III Commanding
                        Understandable of course

Quintus Flavius
                        XXIV-II
                        BoRG

Comment

• Changed my mind I will send a small scout force over the wall in disgiuse to see if I can get some horses and cataphract armor and barding, and check the area out

Comment

• Greetings Fellows

Do we have an updated map? or are we still waiting on some commanders?

Quintus Falvius
                            XXIV-II Commanding
                            BoRG

Comment

• No map as of yet and I think we still have a few more to go.

Comment

• Can we assume those who have not yet posted orders have been wiped out by a sneaky Parthian ambush?
                                How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                                Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X