SPQR: Offensive against Parthia !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
    No, the Empire's not willing to spend the money.

But if I have engineers I need no ninjas.

An engineer, an onager and some poop and I'm set.

Maybe you should talk to someone in the Senate. I hear that Torienus chap is good people. He could requisition us some decent equipment.

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
    _________
    BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Torien View Post
      Maybe you should talk to someone in the Senate. I hear that Torienus chap is good people. He could requisition us some decent equipment.

That Torienus chap is baba-ganoushed! Maybe talk to Franzius, that dude from the Merchant Guild!
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• I suspect his penchant for, & abundance of manure might serve well!
        On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Admiral View Post
          I suspect his penchant for, & abundance of manure might serve well!
          Torienus or Franzius?
          BoRG
          "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• One of my Gallic horseman, who actually hails from eastern Brittania, has learnt a little latin and has, as is typical of his race, asked a pertinant question of me in a some what impertinant manner...

Aer nos vere iens prosecutus hostes hostium , vel iustus taedium lemma ut nex per infinitas infinitio Romanorum garrio?

I don't know whether to whip the British dog for his insolence or promote him!

Tungus Lucius [mucro cuspis]

Comment

• I believe Flogging is the standard punishment. However the morale of the Britons tends to be mercurial at best, maybe save the flogging until after the campaign is complete?

Quintus Flavius
              Tribune
              Legio XXIV-II
              Last edited by Arthwys; 26 Feb 09, 10:18.
              BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by allsirgarnet View Post
                One of my Gallic horseman, who actually hails from eastern Brittania, has learnt a little latin and has, as is typical of his race, asked a pertinant question of me in a some what impertinant manner...

Aer nos vere iens prosecutus hostes hostium , vel iustus taedium lemma ut nex per infinitas infinitio Romanorum garrio?

I don't know whether to whip the British dog for his insolence or promote him!

Tungus Lucius [mucro cuspis]
                My quality of 1 means I never bothered to learn how to read latin, never mind any dubious language.
                Translation please .

Amelius Garbo IV-V
                How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• a man like that should be awarded a Promotion or a staff position

Tiberius Decimus
                  IV-III
                  Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                  I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Ave Legatus

With the completion of the camp I will send scouts to the North Tower environs at night to determine the ground around it and any traps or other surprises that may be in-situ.

I want no ugly surprises when we advance at daylight.

What say you Legate?

Quintus Flavius
                    Tribune
                    Legio XXIV-II
                    BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
                      a man like that should be awarded a Promotion or a staff position

Tiberius Decimus
                      IV-III
                      A few clues...

prosecutus hostes hostium = attack the enemy?

infinitas infinitio Romanorum garrio = endless Roman chatter!

Gaz

Comment

• Originally posted by allsirgarnet View Post
                        A few clues...

prosecutus hostes hostium = attack the enemy?

infinitas infinitio Romanorum garrio = endless Roman chatter!

Gaz
                        Roughly: are we going to attack the enemy or continue to endure the tedium of waiting and listening to Romans chatter endlessly?
                        Last edited by Arthwys; 26 Feb 09, 10:45.
                        BoRG

Comment

• I know what he said, I have my latin books from when I took the class. You have to be a little cocky to be good at what you do.

Tiberius Decimus
                          IV-III
                          Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                          I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
                            I know what he said, I have my latin books from when I took the class. You have to be a little cocky to be good at what you do.

Tiberius Decimus
                            IV-III
                            The translation was for Garbo
                            BoRG

Comment

• Yes it was.

Amelius Garbo IV-V
                              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• XXIV-I - General Rubinus
                                -180 cavalry veterans from Legio VII Claudia Pia Fideliss (Faithful & Loyal)
                                -50 light cavalry from Gaul middle.

I will march in between the two oasis, secure the area if need be, then move down pass the Greek ruins and meet up to the river. I shall remain here and await to reinforce if other legions are seized upon by Parthian forces outside Nisibis.

Attached Files
                                "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                                Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X